Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Susie great job on the stairs! I ran 60 min! So we are each good on one goal!

You know I was thinking as I was running we make fun of ourselves for scaring off the men but if I was a guy I would love this thread. It gives you a lot of insight into a woman's mind!

We're super great and super awesome! ;) I'm actually seriously considering going and doing it again.

True! But the mind of a woman is a terribly scary place. >:)

Too true. And you are super super great. You did it twice!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Yes, this is totally surprising to me! I'm glad to see all the housekeeper talk. I've wanted to get one and my husband has been super resistant. We both grew up pretty poor, so paying someone to clean our house seems really extravagant (he says: "we're not those type of people". Um, yes, we are two professors, we actually could be those type of people now). Our compromise was getting a roomba - which is awesome and has reduced cleaning time - but I still would love an every-other week cleaner.

My cat is the proverbially scardey-cat. I don't think she would ever forgive me if I brought home a roomba - or come out from under the couch.

Some cats love them though!

This was way too funny.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Yes, this is totally surprising to me! I'm glad to see all the housekeeper talk. I've wanted to get one and my husband has been super resistant. We both grew up pretty poor, so paying someone to clean our house seems really extravagant (he says: "we're not those type of people". Um, yes, we are two professors, we actually could be those type of people now). Our compromise was getting a roomba - which is awesome and has reduced cleaning time - but I still would love an every-other week cleaner.

My cat is the proverbially scardey-cat. I don't think she would ever forgive me if I brought home a roomba - or come out from under the couch.

I love the videos of the cats riding Roombas! The best is the cat dressed as a shark riding the Roomba! Not sure if you guys know what I'm talking about.

I love that video! I'm sure my cats would steer clear of a Roomba.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

My tri watch is a garmin. Too bulky and ugly for every day.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)

I've been meaning to tell you, that I actually met him a long time ago. It was in a bar in Five Points. I kept looking at this guy at the end of the bar and thought he was really cute. So, a friend of a friend introduced me to him and I didn't catch his name because it was so loud in the bar. And then my friends and I had to leave right after that. When we get outside the bar, my friend said, 'I've never met a famous person before'. And I was like, 'What are you talking about'? She proceeds to tell me that was Darius Rucker. Moral of the story: he's either much better looking in person or I was drunk. Although I've always been a sucker for a bald guy with facial hair!

Ok, now I'm super jealous lol! I'm so excited for Thursday!

My dear old mother has asked me why I want to lose weight. Well, this is why:
    I look forever pregnant. (Which, wouldn't be a bad thing, IF I ACTUALLY EFFING WAS!) Sigh, at least the 6lb drop today is heading in the right direction, now to hit my goal of 140lbs by January 1st! ;)

You can do it! Just keep tracking and moving!

ETA removed picture for mixmode.
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Stopping by to say fitbit ordered. In purple! 35% off!

@susieqhusband get cracking... she needs that Fitbit. ;)

Now I'm jealous of all of you with your Fitbits! @LBuehrle8 and I are the only ones with Jawbone UP 24s. I actually really like my Jawbone so not complaining, but now wishing I had a Fitbit!

I like my gear. But I can't be left out. It will drive me nuts. So now I will be wearing my gear and a Fitbit. People will think I am nuts. Especially since my watch is orange and my Fitbit will be purple.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

So I'm not a special snowflake! I only wear mine while running, other than that I can't be bothered/don't understand why it matters lol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: The Brits meeting up in real life has made me jealous!

I forget where folks are from, specifically (I think I have everybody's country down, and some of the US states), so I'll just ask!

Any body in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/North Delaware area? We should get together! It could also be expanded into Eastern PA, North Jersey, and maybe even Northeast Maryland. Depends who is willing to make a trek. ;)

I am! New Jersey. I go to Philadelphia often enough. It's only like 45 min from me. Do you run at all? Maybe we could meet and run or walk a 5k? Or walk in the park. I am up for it! I just hope you're not like....I don't like her in real life! (Assuming you like me in virtual life of course!)

yay for Jersey!!! I went to Seton Hall for undergrad :) (No one here in MI even knows the school unless they're basketball fans). I've told DH I would live near the Pine Barrens in a hot second. He does not share my enthusiasm :/

Ahhhh you are southern jersey... ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.

I read good reviews on that one. Do you do tris?
  • Oberon21
    Options

So I'm not a special snowflake! I only wear mine while running, other than that I can't be bothered/don't understand why it matters lol

Well everyone is a snowflake. We are all unique. :)
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.1eug3u31mhhs.jpg

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

GORGEOUSSSS
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

You travel in those? You're brave...or crazy! ;) Although I'm more of a tennis shoe and flip flop kind of girl.

ETA: Very cute though! And I was more of a shoe person when I was thinner being overweight in heels is tough, but I know plenty of people that do it! And I wear a size 12, so that makes it difficult to find shoes.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just can't keep up. I feel left out :'( .

Way behind, but I wanted to say that I'm so relieved that I am not the only person who hates weddings. I love my friends/family and am happy for them, but my goodness most weddings are the most boring events in the world.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Cute!
    And thank you for the kind words! :)
  • rungirl1973
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

This is relevant to my interests... I might need those shoes! <3

Edited to remove the image...
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I had a bunch of friend requests on fitbit (thank you!) and I accepted them, but then I realized I'm not sure who's who from here lol

I'm Tammy. I'm wearing a cowboy hat in my pic on Fitbit.

And now, I'm going to walk over to the grocery store and pick up lunch rather than ordering from the delivery service because of you people and all your steps.

I'm Cindy. You can see my forehead and some shades.

How do I get in on this fitbit stuff, I have one, don't know how to find any of you.
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I read good reviews on that one. Do you do tris?

One day. I mostly just run. I need some serious coaching on my swimming. LOL

My co-worker is doing 4 Iron Man Tris per year, and it's making me want to do them, too. (even though her life revolves around training).
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    @TigerNY128 is the tiger in your name a clemson thing then?

@girldownsouth Yep! I graduated from Clemson!

That's very observant of you, @girldownsouth, especially since you live in another country! USC graduate here, @TigerNY128. :* That would be awesome if you, @raelynnsmama52512, and I could get together. Although almost every weekend is booked up for us until school starts back in late August.

@kellienw335 Ugh, we can't be friends either!!!! :) Just kidding.