• TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    cheese and nuts - bad
    frozen yogurt - good
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little off topic however, I used my scale the other day to show my young boys that YES YOU AND YOUR BROTHER HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF MAC N CHEESE. We haven't had that argument since!!!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Sad: Sour cream. What appears to be 1tbs or actually 2. Cheese. Wahhhh. Oh, and quinoa, pasta, and rice. And tortilla chips. Very sad day there....

Happy: Frozen sorbet. I agree that 125 ml is much better than I first thought it would look like.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I learned I underestimate how much peanut butter I eat, but I severely overestimated the cheese, sandwich meat, and dressing on my lunch salad... Like I legitimately thought I was putting a single serving of turkey on my salad (52g) and was putting about 24g on it... woops.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little off topic however, I used my scale the other day to show my young boys that YES YOU AND YOUR BROTHER HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF MAC N CHEESE. We haven't had that argument since!!!

That s one of the best uses of a food scale that I have found!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

0f88a50698970792db302bd947ec8286.png

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    What shocks me the most is that I didn't gain more weight.

If you accept the generally accepted numbers for calories and pounds, I should've gained a lot more than I did.

This. All day long. Whaddaya know, I'm not an "endomorph" with a "slow metabolism". I just ate too much.

tumblr_lfjhdovKUn1qcu4mno1_400.jpg

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    hollbert90 wrote: »
    A bowl of cereal always looks disappointingly small when I weigh it.
    Put it in a mug rather than a bowl. Looks *much* more generous. :)

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by chicken. I was guessing way less than it actually is.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pasta and cereal serving size is so small only a toddler could get full off of that
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was shocked by every single darn item of food that I weighed. It was like, "What? Nooo!" I couldn't believe what a single portion of anything was. Holy smoke! I was eating three and four and more portions of everything. It's amazing that I didn't explode! I've adjusted, but it was tough going.
  • veganminecraft
    veganminecraft Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hollbert90 wrote: »
    A bowl of cereal always looks disappointingly small when I weigh it.
    Put it in a mug rather than a bowl. Looks *much* more generous. :)

that's a smart idea! That or just get asian size bowls. I kinda want to because they tend to be rather pretty.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    cereal in a bad way.

cottage cheese in a good way.

A serving of cereal is just disappointing. :(
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I always eat 2 servings of cereal but just 1/2 C of milk at a go. If I don't have a ton of calories left, I don't dronk the milk at the bottom!

Cheese was actually a happy surprise. So was light dressing and margarine.

Country Crock Light is THE lowest-calorie spread that I've found. It works in pancakes/crepes/waffles, too.

Imperial works for most baking instead of butter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Rice. Rice is the only thing I consistantly, without fail, weigh at home - and I don't trust it enough to order it at restaurants.

I used to measure rice by cups. It turns out "1 cup" (based on how hungry I am and how tightly I've packed it in) can be 150 calories different from day-to-day.

I was pleasantly surprised by air-popped popcorn (no butter). Two hundred calories of that stuff lasts forever. Perfect on a movie night.

Well, about rice, I've found that all the 'cooked rice' entries by grams are 20 to 30% off too... gotta weigh it dry.
  • Francl27
    Options
    1/2 a cup,(125g) , is a lot of frozen yogurt!!! :*

Half a cup = 125 ml. NOT grams. Most ice cream/frozen yogurt servings are 100g or less...

Volumes =/ weights.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Half a cup = 125 ml. NOT grams. Most ice cream/frozen yogurt servings are 100g or less...

Volumes =/ weights.

To add to that, I haven't had a frozen yogurt that didn't clock in around 65g.
  • Francl27
    Options

Volumes =/ weights.

The one I have right now is 86g but it has caramel swirls.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Salad dressing. I was so sad when I couldn't drown my veggies in ranch.

Cereal was a hard one too, but I am getting darn good at pouring 31g of my Special K Protein.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

Volumes =/ weights.

The one I have right now is 86g but it has caramel swirls.

What kind?