Ladies

Options
123457»

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My boyf makes me feel really sexy - he's the first person to really have any effect on my self esteem, and I have to say it's positive! :smile:
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yep got told I looked like a mammoth when I was 38 weeks pregnant :( (he's an Ex bf now!)
  • Ro5238
    Ro5238 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes. I just don't like to talk about it.
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Has a man ever made you feel bad about your body? Or the your appearance? I'd love to hear stories

I've had plenty of situations where I was told I was too fat or too tall in the Asian community 5ft5 is tall
    i hear this one about the asian community, at 5'4 i'm freakin godzilla :smiley:

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    In before lock. People in general can be mean. Mean people threads should be posted on Fridays. It's in the bylaws.

This guy saw that the thread was going to turn into a train wreck. He's pretty smart.

I thought the downward spiral with the hot dog gifs would kill it, but it lives!

You can that senecarr and his idiocy for reviving the thread. He seems to be hung up on things that are totally irrelevant to anyone's point.

Oh, my better nature doesn't win out right now:
    4872eff6deb311a12f56e28e917ecfbe.jpg
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    eatgoodeat wrote: »
    Has a man ever made you feel bad about your body? Or the your appearance? I'd love to hear stories

I've had plenty of situations where I was told I was too fat or too tall in the Asian community 5ft5 is tall
    i hear this one about the asian community, at 5'4 i'm freakin godzilla :smiley:

YEPPERS! lol
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

And my underwear isn't clean enough to be a white knight, I'm a beige knight.

DEPENDS-GUARD.jpg

ThatWasTheJoke.png
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well this got really weird really fast....
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    We could go on and on, but putting one above the other doesn't solve the big picture here. And you can't see that, so, I do not plan on continually talking to a wall.

As you can see by my avatar, you are clearly talking to a hand, lol.

Either way, I think we are closer to agreement than you think. I understand there are issues across socioeconomic conditions, disabilities, and gender, etc. My point was that in the case of gender, men are not usually on the losing side. Agree to disagree.

That is an assumptions you make from what you see. Now ask yourself how man men speak up when they were wrong? You cannot assume men don't have it bad because you have never heard about it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    We could go on and on, but putting one above the other doesn't solve the big picture here. And you can't see that, so, I do not plan on continually talking to a wall.

As you can see by my avatar, you are clearly talking to a hand, lol.

Either way, I think we are closer to agreement than you think. I understand there are issues across socioeconomic conditions, disabilities, and gender, etc. My point was that in the case of gender, men are not usually on the losing side. Agree to disagree.

That is an assumptions you make from what you see. Now ask yourself how man men speak up when they were wrong? You cannot assume men don't have it bad because you have never heard about it.

You obviously didn't read anything I wrote and just looking for an argument.

Sure I did you talked about pay rates. You talk about statistics on domestic violence. Also your so called "double standard" that started all of this.

Most of your points were irrelevant to the OP seeing how she was talking about being treated poorly for appearance.
  • CourtneyParcell
    CourtneyParcell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had an ex boyfriend ask if I sat around eating cookies after he saw the cookie jar at my parents house. Right then and there I decided I couldn't do it. Now I'm engaged to a man who's completely supportive and actually loves and prefers my curves. He supports me wanting to be healthy but has always said no matter what he loves everything about me. Definitely a keeper.
  • blondx7
    blondx7 Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    when I was 11 in the 7th grade, a boy asked me why I didn't have any real breasts. HAHA