Trainer's wife hates me... what to do?

Options

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Correction, Over 35.

Wow, what a memory! How can this possibly still be going on, since January??

That site is blocked for me at work. Are you telling me that this is old news? I hope OP isn't continuing to harrass this couple.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Correction, Over 35.

That site is blocked for me at work. Are you telling me that this is old news? I hope OP isn't continuing to harrass this couple.

YOu want me to copy and paste it? It is very very close to the OP. Ages were changed. Names seem the same.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Correction, Over 35.

YOu want me to copy and paste it? It is very very close to the OP. Ages were changed. Names seem the same.

Nah, I'll take your word for it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Correction, Over 35.

Nah, I'll take your word for it.

The comments are funnier there than here.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if i were gregs wife, id be pissed too.

there is a line you do not cross. you crossed it, intentional or not.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Correction, Over 35.

I guess it's hard to forget a post like this, but still, I am impressed!

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    You're probably lucky that "Mary" didn't take you down a peg or two. You don't go around texting a married man about how excited you are to see him the next day, it doesn't matter what context it is in. And you especially don't "open up" to him about your personal life. That's lines that you just DO NOT cross with a married man.

You need to find a new gym. End of story.

Oh and stop texting married men before you end up with a very pissed off wife in your face.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The wife, like many people, have probably seen their share of marriages end by starting with exactly what you were doing with her husband.

Doesn't matter if that was your intent right now - that's what it could have moved to.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    LOL

comment from the other site,
    You sound a little jelly op you go to jelly school?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Correction, Over 35.

Oh, been trolled.

Back to what I was doing...

colbert-loves-coffee-o.gif

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I agree you were inappropriate. He did the right thing.
    A married man should not be your confidant... that's what girlfriends and single men are for.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    No. The relationship between a trainer and a client is a professional one. Communicating occasionally outside of training sessions about health and fitness issues, if the trainer offered that, is probably fine. Texting about relationship issues, bringing little gifts, etc, crosses a line to outside a professional relationship. If both parties are cool with that, then cool. If not, well...then it's not appropriate. Perhaps it could have been handled a little bit better on your trainer's side - maybe by letting you know earlier that it was getting out of hand and giving the professional relationship another shot - but, that said, your trainer is well within his rights to end your professional relationship if he's become uncomfortable. And, IMHO, his wife is well within her rights to be annoyed - if one of my husband's clients/co-workers/employees was acting the way you described, I certainly wouldn't appreciate it.

Find another gym. Good luck with your goals.

I totally agree with this Barbie! And IMHO, you are the one being completely inappropriate. This man is not nor has ever been your friend, he WAS your trainer and you crossed that line long ago and are still continuing to do so by posting this on MFP trying to get backup to your thought process. Let it go and move on!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Are you really 34 years old?

^^^This

What is it with these 30-something-year-old women coming in here lately acting like teenagers?

And I must know: What is a "package deal couple?"
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Has to be the same poster. the information and wording is too related.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Birthday gifts? Fine.

Random cashew milk? Too much.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Are you really 34 years old?

^^^This

What is it with these 30-something-year-old women coming in here lately acting like teenagers?

And I must know: What is a "package deal couple?"

i saw that one LOLOL
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Birthday gifts? Fine.

Random cashew milk? Too much.

How about coconut milk? is that acceptable?
  • HarleyQuinn34
    HarleyQuinn34 Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    male/female friendships can be complicated- however, it does sound like you crossed some trainer/trainee boundaries. discussing your breakup being one of them. although my husband has female friends, and i do not have a problem with it and have never tried to control who he is friends with because he is a grown man. i don't know how i would feel about them bringing him gifts randomly and texting him about their relationships, especially if they ignored me as his spouse.

i would agree with the above poster- respect what he has asked and find a new gym- especially if he is the owner of the business. doing anything other than that may appear as if you are still trying to be in his life
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I hope this thread stays till I'm back from lunch YOU GUYS BETTER NOT RUIN IT FOR ME !!1!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I seen a movie like this.

She turned out to be a stalker.

Didn't end well!
This discussion has been closed.