Worst fitness plans ever!

Options
Alright. I know that some people don't like it when a certain large fitness chain gets criticized, but I just have to let it out. These fitness "plans" were pulled directly from their Facebook page.

How can anyone think that these are sensible regimens for getting into shape? I'd even say that these plans will do more damage than good. Apart from the unhealthy tanning program (which obviously won't build an ounce of muscle or reduce fat), they would also lull people into thinking that a good exercise program requires no effort to speak of. A lot people already think that way, and promoting such a notion is just darned irresponsible.

58b12yq8wi8x.png

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    15 jumping jacks? 5 squats? Do they mean sets? I hope? And tanning? "Here's a plan to make you feel like you're exercising, when you really aren't, and also promotes skin cancer." Oooh, let me plunk down my hard earned money and get in on that! :no_mouth:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Even if you took all three weeks and did it as part of one training session it STILL wouldn't be a good workout.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Here is a nice challenge. We run the three weeks in one round and see how many rounds we can do. It would be some nice cardio.

I hope you don't mind if I skip on the tanning.

BTW Planet fitness is a joke. I do want to sign up just to see if I can get kicking out in one day. I have to test my maxes on the big lifts again when I come back from my sickness anyways. Mind as well do it at a planet fitness and write a fresh review for them afterwards.
  • blaccoffee
    blaccoffee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness has two types of customers; people that know nothing about lifting and nutrition but pretend they do and people that know about lifting and nutrition but want a cheap gym membership.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Some activity is better than none.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    The fact that they have banned deadlifts disqualifies them as a gym. imo
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This so plays into the mentality of, "BUT I did 10 crunches! Why didn't I lose weight?!"

... ugh.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

That's why I want to workout there. To see if they would kick me out when I do them.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That's why I want to workout there. To see if they would kick me out when I do them.

I don't want to be a member, I just want to hear the "lunk alarm" go off and see them kick someone out just once.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Even if you took all three weeks and did it as part of one training session it STILL wouldn't be a good workout.
    At first I read that as its one workout, then I noticed days.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Omg. Just...whyyyyy
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

I don't want to be a member, I just want to hear the "lunk alarm" go off and see them kick someone out just once.

0je6vov0jxhs.jpg

LUnk.jpg 123.8K
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The funny thing is when I was at planet fitness years ago all this was not like it is now. I would squat and deadlift all the time there. There were so big dudes at this particular one. IDK what happen in corporate office but they are f ing up.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

0je6vov0jxhs.jpg

Now that is funny.
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hydromassage. LOL! After all that back-breaking effort a little reward is merited. Honestly, Sunday should have "pray for fitness", which I think is likely to be more effective than the wussy "program" .
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Error4 wrote: »
    hydromassage. LOL! After all that back-breaking effort a little reward is merited. Honestly, Sunday should have "pray for fitness", which I think is likely to be more effective than the wussy "program" .

Well I agree. It upsets me that for some that might be a hard workout for them.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The best on there is the 20 minute jog and 10 burpees...but they should be in conjunction with other things. lol
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    The best on there is the 20 minute jog and 10 burpees...but they should be in conjunction with other things. lol

Huh. I thought the best thing on there was the day of "exercise" listed as tanning...
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    We all know what Planet Fitness' business plan is. Hook all the customers that won't ever use the gym in the first place.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    We all know what Planet Fitness' business plan is. Hook all the customers that won't ever use the gym in the first place.

But it wasn't like that before. I really don't know what happen to the franchise or maybe the one I went to knew better.