30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    kcalli - I saw a physical therapist yesterday because of my knees and she said if the joints hurt, do something else. I'm going to be modifying the moves and extremely careful on the squats and lunges because my knees have been real issues for a while. Ultimately I want to get back to running more than I want to kick Jillian's behind, so I'm not going to let her goad me into doing jumping jacks when I know they're bad for my knees. I can do other cardio afterwards that doesn't have that kind of impact.
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thank you both.
  • emartinez8107
    emartinez8107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    day 4 all done!!!!!!!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 3 done!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading all the posts in this thread. Keep up the good work everyone!

I think I'm going to join in! I'm a new member to MFP and had started the 30DS a few days ago on my own before I found this wonderful community. It would be really nice to have some support! I finished Level 1 Day 7 today. I was definitely very sore every day up until today. I'm still sticking to level 1 until I can do the full pushups and the arm raises that go with the side lunges at the end. My arms are weak little things but I'm hoping that after the ten full days I'll be ready for level 2.

Tip to those of you on the first few days: I've tried to do the shred before but never finished. I always had a habit of doing one day and being too sore the next day to give the shred another try This time I worked out when I was too sore and I was amazed at what I was capable of. Not only did I finish the workout, but I felt better than the previous day. Stick in there! We CAN do this!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done!
  • thomma12
    thomma12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 5 in the books - 1/2 way through level 1! 6 'real' pushups - lame i know, but it was 1 more than yesterday! Trying to get psyched up to keep it up through the holiday weekend - must be strong!
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Did the workout and felt stronger than yesterday. I'm definitely noticing a difference in the way I look and how my clothes fit. Hoping I can still do the workout at least once this weekend while we are out of town. If not, we will be outdoors a lot so i'll try to go for lots of walks at least.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Did not do the shred yesterday wasn't feeling all to well still not but I'm hoping I can get it done today. I will make this day 4
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haven't missed a day yet. Pretty sure I can sneak in at least this workout everyday over the weekend. N
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2, I thought it was a lot harder than day 1...I skipped yesterday because after day 1, I was in so much pain it hurt to sit to use the bathroom! I wish push ups werent so hard for me and I almost wish I had a mirror so I could tell if my form was correct, I feel like I am not aligned correctly. but I did it.. day three tomorrow.
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    Day 3 - DONE.

ugh.

I was in pain before doing Day 3, but felt pretty good while doing it and feel much better today! Did that happen to you, too?

Can't wait to do Day 4 in a few hours!!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - DONE.

ugh.

I was in pain before doing Day 3, but felt pretty good while doing it and feel much better today! Did that happen to you, too?

Can't wait to do Day 4 in a few hours!!

Yes, that's exactly what happened! Yesterday was tough mainly because my kids kept bothering me during it. Not a good time to ask mommy for a snack! My horns may have come out at one point. :devil:

Today (day 4) was a breeze though! And the time just flew by!
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 6 down!
    I'm nervous that now I'm over halfway to level 2, and super proud of myself for sticking to it!

1 thing for me and sore knees and jumping jacks
    The kickboxing class I'm in, I was heavier than all the other girls when I started, and my knees were absolutely killing me, and not in a good "I worked out really hard" way, but in a bad way doing jumping jacks in the class. The instructor told me to jog in place, and continue to do my arms like jumping jacks until I put off a few pounds, then try it out again.
    16 pounds off my frame, and I can finally do jumping jacks!
    Edit to add: I'm not saying that would be the same for everyone with the pain in the knees in the jumping jacks, it just was in my case, and maybe others too. :)
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Complete :smile:
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is done for me! Tomorrow is my rest day and then I will do BFBM on Sunday. But Monday I will be right back with u guys. Have fun!
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Day 4 is done. Much easier then the previous days...
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 done! Today was the easiest day yet! Let's keep it going!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 is done for me, too, and I used the 10 pound weights for any movement that wasn't a squat. I had to modify the cardio because of my knees, but I still did some of the jumping jacks. The best part: 6 REAL pushups. 48 on my knees, but 6 real ones, too!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 is done for me, too, and I used the 10 pound weights for any movement that wasn't a squat. I had to modify the cardio because of my knees, but I still did some of the jumping jacks. The best part: 6 REAL pushups. 48 on my knees, but 6 real ones, too!

Wow! U r bad! I can't do 48 push ups on my knees let alone 6 real push ups! I would die. Lol.