Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is AWESOME. He's hilarious!

Thanks! :) And seriously I know that kids are funny...but I could never imagine that a 3 year old could be as sarcastic, creative, and hilarious as he is! Cracks me up all day, every day. He's my best little bud! I'm dreading this fall when he starts pre school...I'll be lost without my sidekick!
    Edited because HE'S starting pre school, not ME. Where's the coffee?

And he looks super cute too!

Thanks! I should post a picture where you an see his eyes. They are BEAUTIFUL! Big and super dark brown. Definitely what he get compliments on the most. When he was younger, strangers always thought he was a girl (no matter how he was dressed) and their excuse after I would correct them was always, "but those eyes are so beautiful"...as if boys can't have beautiful eyes???

Awww! He does have beautiful eyes! What a cutie <3

He sure does! He reminds me of my little brother when he was a toddler. Enormous, chocolate brown eyes with the longest lashes you've ever seen! I wonder if I can find a picture... *going to look*

xswu8awdieoy.jpg

... Not the best or most cheerful picture in the world, but it's all I could find in my computer. ;)

Oh my gosh he is so cute!

He sure was! He's 15 now, so that kiddy cuteness is long gone, though. :p
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I hope your kitty feels better! It kinda sucks because they can't tell you what's wrong :/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @nonoelmo "all muscle" lol

91sVhdH.jpg

I can't find the picture! :'( Trying to navigate this thread on a phone sucks!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

Awww poor little thing! I hope your furbaby is okay <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Here's a confession: My willpower is terrible lately! I pretty much eat all of everything. I've given up on even trying to log it all, I'm so embarassed. Today is weigh in day and I'm up over 4 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I'm so scared of gaining back the weight I lost, nevermind I never made it to my goal. I wonder if I just need to take a break and reset or something. My exercise has been pretty consistent but I think I'm getting bored with that too. I signed up for a 5K and the end of the month so I think I will keep with the exercise schedule I'm doing until then. After that I want to start Stronglifts.

You can't go wrong by starting Stronglifts!!! I love it!

Awesome! I may have some questions for you when I get going, if you don't mind.

No sweat! Stronglifts.com, download the app. If you don't know how to do some of the lifts, YouTube them or check them out at bodybuilding.com.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or do guys have the best eyelashes? My brother was also extremely pretty when he was little. I remember people coming up to tell my dad what a ''beautiful little girl'' he had (meaning my brother, not me). My dad was always extremely insulted (''THAT is my SON'' :lol: ). He has huge blue eyes, extremely long eyelashes and (when he grows it out) beautiful thick and curly hair... plus he had very pouty, red lips when he was a toddler. I was always jealous.

I tend to notice that, for the most part, guys have longer and thicker lashes than girls (minus mascara). :confused:

@kelly_c_77 Best wishes to your little kitty! I love cats and I know how much it hurts seeing them sick or in pain. :( I hope Skye gets better soon.

Actually, my sister has the same eyes as my brother, with even longer lashes! Her eyelashes are just crazy long... When she wears mascara, they start to look false! Let's see if I can find a toddler picture of HER... ;)

t2nsa8qf4r9f.jpg

... The baby would be... Me. :p
    Awww, what a cute picture! Also, those eyelashes really pop out at you :open_mouth: Jealous over here... my eyelashes are kinda light and short. When I was younger I got some growth serum to put on them and I can't remember whether it actually did anything or not :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Totally sounds like my playlist. Sold by JMM, then Adrenaline by Shinedown, then maybe Bad by Michael Jackson.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Here's a confession: My willpower is terrible lately! I pretty much eat all of everything. I've given up on even trying to log it all, I'm so embarassed. Today is weigh in day and I'm up over 4 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I'm so scared of gaining back the weight I lost, nevermind I never made it to my goal. I wonder if I just need to take a break and reset or something. My exercise has been pretty consistent but I think I'm getting bored with that too. I signed up for a 5K and the end of the month so I think I will keep with the exercise schedule I'm doing until then. After that I want to start Stronglifts.
    Oh, I feel you on the lack of motivation. This last week mine went missing, but I told myself to keep logging. Maybe close your diary to friends (if it's open), so you don't feel embarrassed - you're then more likely to be honest with yourself.

Regarding that four pounds. Maybe it's 'real' but quite possibly you can shift it by having a couple of water-heavy, food-light days. Spending a lot of time on the toilet helps a lot!

Good luck - hope you can find your mojo again.

Thanks!! You too :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

Charging now.

I believe that while you are exercising you are suppose to wear it half way up your forearm to get an accurate HR and calorie burn.

That is why I could not get one, the L fit my wrist, but would not fit my forearm.

Mine doesn't fit very far up on my arm, but it seems to take fairly accurate measurements even just above my wrist bone.

Mine ended up having to be on last hole to be comfortable. But at latest count it is doubling the steps of my gear. I am not sure why and having read back enough yet to see if anyone explained it to me but I am not trusting it yet.

Mine has registered "steps" when I've actually been in my car, and a lady I know doubled her steps while driving her tractor, so they aren't 100% accurate. I figure it's pretty close for calories burned though.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

Hope she feels better! Definitely go get her checked out if she doesn't seem right.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    So many cute kids!

My theory on the eyelash thing is that men have beautiful eyelashes because they don't torture them like lots of women do - no mascara, scrubbing off eye makeup, curlers, etc. I've always been jealous of people with nice ones because mine are blonde, straight, and stubby, but so are my husband's so we haven't a chance of having kids with long, dark, curly lashes. Marrying someone as blonde, pasty-white, and hairless as I am wasn't a great choice if I wanted cute kids, because I looked like a featureless bald blob as a baby. I wasn't remotely cute until I grew some hair (which...I didn't have to have a haircut until I was past 3, if that gives you an idea.) Maybe that's why I keep it long now ;)

@FluffySandwich, glad you had a good time on vacation but I'm with everyone else - DOCTOR! Don't mess around with your sight. I had a scratched cornea once that I ignored and it turned into an ulcer (basically a hole in my eye) and my ophthalmologist told me I was about a week away from ruining my vision forever. I had to use prescription drops every two hours (even at night, I had to set an alarm and not skip them) for over a week and then less frequently for weeks afterward. It was terrifying and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I was on summer semester in small-town Quebec at the time it started and I ignored it because I didn't want to deal with finding an eye doctor but looking back, I can't believe I did that to myself.
  • ShibaEars
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I'm secretly cussing myself out because I didn't think to take Thursday and Friday off (making a mini vacation with the weekend off) oh well!
    Now I'm wondering what I am going to do today during work, since yall are off and partying :(

Us Canadians should still be around!

ETA: Unless they were smart and booked off Thursday & Friday after our Wednesday holiday.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

Charging now.

I believe that while you are exercising you are suppose to wear it half way up your forearm to get an accurate HR and calorie burn.

That is why I could not get one, the L fit my wrist, but would not fit my forearm.

Mine doesn't fit very far up on my arm, but it seems to take fairly accurate measurements even just above my wrist bone.

Mine ended up having to be on last hole to be comfortable. But at latest count it is doubling the steps of my gear. I am not sure why and having read back enough yet to see if anyone explained it to me but I am not trusting it yet.

Mine has registered "steps" when I've actually been in my car, and a lady I know doubled her steps while driving her tractor, so they aren't 100% accurate. I figure it's pretty close for calories burned though.

I've had mine buzz to tell me I hit my goal while I was driving.

@pofoster21 I don't trust it either but having it on sure makes me get up and walk around more.
  • peleroja
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I'm secretly cussing myself out because I didn't think to take Thursday and Friday off (making a mini vacation with the weekend off) oh well!
    Now I'm wondering what I am going to do today during work, since yall are off and partying :(

Us Canadians should still be around!

ETA: Unless they were smart and booked off Thursday & Friday after our Wednesday holiday.

I didn't - we had a big milestone event going on this week at work so no one is really taking vacation right now. I'm sad though, a 5 day break would have been awesome. But it means I'm still here today!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I'm here too - and pretty sure I'm working tomorrow as well which is not normal for me. But my desk is buried under paperwork and I haven't even started the 800 invoices that need to go out. Short week combined with the person who is supposed to answer the phones calling in sick on Monday plus month end equals really far behind.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Totally sounds like my playlist. Sold by JMM, then Adrenaline by Shinedown, then maybe Bad by Michael Jackson.

That makes me feel...less weird :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do a long reply instead of quoting a million posts (unless I am too far behind, then I must do it that way).

@kelly_c_77 - your boy does have beautiful eyes!!

@MissKalhan - those sound like good goals, you got this :)

@nonoelmo - thank you for your kind words

@LBuehrle8 - thank you - and I love your new photo!

@ythannah - holy crap, great photo, I am impressed!!

@ShibaEars - that was in interesting link, I have never heard of half of those terms! And I always get picked on for saying soda instead of pop.....am I fired from being Canadian?

@Tubbs216 - I actually agree, sociopath is pretty on point I think.

@raelynnsmama52512 - hope you enjoyed your show! And thank you.

@jthurman3 - thanks for the friend request!

@orangesmartie - you rock! I can't wait to see photos! I am sorry about your situation with your boyfriend, I hope once you guys are done this climb and stuff you will have more time to sit and talk things through....

@riderfangal - thank you for your kind words, I hope you have a blast camping with your son!

@FluffySandwich - welcome back! We missed you!! Sorry about your eye! Please get it checked....I remember someone on Survivor had that happen and they pulled him from the game, so it can be serious! Glad you had a great trip over all though! And thank you for your kind words also.

@kellienw335 - thanks, we will, I am just waiting on them now....she is running a couple hours late as per her usual, lol, but I am glad cuz it gives me time to pop on here and watch Big Brother from last night now that it is up online, cuz my stupid DVR only taped one minute of it last night!! I was so mad, I cleaned my place and finally sat down to eat something and watch it, and it was not there and I could not find it anywhere online!

@pofoster21 - thanks for all your kind words/posts. That is sad that your parents were rough too....how long did you stay at home? I notice you said if you would have left at 17......Also, I answered your fitbit question in the batcave just before I came to this thread, hopefully I am correct!

@MoHousdon - I hope you are having the time of your life and just wanted to say we miss you!!

@lilaclovebird - thanks for your kind words and advice. I do weigh out things I buy that I can weigh out in advance, like nuts and snacks....it is more so a problem to have to time to weigh out what I am eating at that moment, like when I cook dinner, or am rushing out the door making lunch....I am gonna try and get on that ball though.

@Susieq_1994 - I wish you were feeling better today again! Is it possible that all the fasting and eating all at once is causing you to feel sluggish instead of depression this time around? Maybe after this month is done you will be feeling better? (I hope).

@kecmw25 - thanks!

Ok, I am gonna go back to quoting now, lol.

• peleroja
    Options
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:

IMG_1451_zpslk7sf1lg.jpg

IMG_1453_zpsq4n7h2kk.jpg

Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.

Anyone have any of themselves?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    There was a McNugget shaped hole in my life, and I sure filled it last night. Probably overfilled it in fact. Mmmmmm terrible, terrible McNuggets. I regret nothing.

That is pretty much the only thing I can eat from there other than breakfast.....mmmmm McNuggets and honey!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I will pray she is ok.....I know how upsetting it is when fur babies are sick! I would be worried out of my mind!