What were you really like in high school

Options
asianfashionista86
asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
since there's a thread about people thinking what people were why not tell how you really were.

I was into art and I guess I hung out with the band geeks and brainiacs. Quiet shy typical Asian lol

Replies

• lushers80
    lushers80 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Although I played rugby, most of the time I was a total geek, until my final year in which I went completely off the rails.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    football, show choir, wrestling, prom king, "best personality", 1st runner up in Beauty and Beau pageant. I went to a school of 1,000+ students and all knew my name.

Basically, I'm a real life Uncle Rico. But seriously, I was the coolest kid in school.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I honestly tried to be nice to everyone. Smile at everyone. I hate the bitchy vibe. I went to school and went to work. Thats about it. Had some fun but was kind of shy...
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Haha I was really shy but loved to sing. I started writing my own songs when I was in highschool. I also took dance lessons and I was crazy in love with my now husband :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I was studious but balanced. I frequently earned a slot in the A or AB honor roll. Bad at math but otherwise fine, I thrived in lab or group/partner work. My closest friends looked not at my odd looks but at my kind heart. My grades earned me a spot in our chapter of the National Honor Society, where, again, my big heart helped the community do great things with NHS's support.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I was the smoker's corner chick. Got in a few fights and hung out with my boyfriend (he's now my husband of 25 years). Skipped classes and got pregnant my senior year, dropped out and had to graduate a half-year late by making up classes.
    Now I have a bachelor's degree, have been a long-term medical worker, then a supervisor, and now a published author.
  • Heydi79
    Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was into drama and Latin lol the dead language...
  • nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Introverted Extrovert, AP student who played sports but didn't hang out w/the jocks and had a very eclectic group of friends, mostly artistic ones (I have no artistic ability at all). Just liked people. One of the rare people who actually had a good experience in HS.
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Artsy kid.Visual arts mostly.. I liked theatre arts too but never pursued it cause I didnt fit in with the crowd. Nerd-y unpopular lol
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I was pretty shy and hung out with a few people throughout high school. The most annoying question I got was "Why are you so quiet?" Ah man, If only I could go back today but then again, I'm still not the loudest and talkative person in the world, but I'm not shy anymore!
  • Fitnessflexibility
    Fitnessflexibility Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I was in choir, performed in school musicals and dance team, performing for the football and basket ball games plus doing competitions with the school dance team. I was also on a private competitive dance team at a dance studio. If there was any free time after that I was usually on the phone with or at a friends house. Oh wait did we have school classes? Was in honors English, history and science but not math hahaha.
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    smart
  • Fitnessflexibility
    Fitnessflexibility Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    smart

Oh so was I right then?
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Constantly in fights, didn't let anything go. Played rb in football but eventually quit team so I could 'socialize' more. Stayed in trouble, but made straight A's.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    art, football, top grades, all round charm-machine, humble.
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,224 Member
    Options
    I was the smart, responsible one. Straight As, school prefect, social but never with the in crowd and the richer/snobbier girls looked down on me but I had the power to get them detention or report them for rule breakage so they mostly had to suck it up. In my later years, I changed schools and definitely enjoyed more, bunked a lot of classes, would sneak out during school times with friends but was still the studious type.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    School was alright, used to play a lot of ball. I remember one day I was playing some b ball at this park outside the school. Group of like 5 dudes were just sitting there mean mugging me and my friends. Ball rebounded off the hoop and almost hit one of them, they were just waiting for a reason. Got into one little fight. When I went home my mom got scared. She sent me to live with my aunt and uncle in Bel Air.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    since there's a thread about people thinking what people were why not tell how you really were.

I was into art and I guess I hung out with the band geeks and brainiacs. Quiet shy typical Asian lol

You sound like my kids and most of my youth at the church (Korean Church)

• JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I had a small group of friends, worked part time and smoked way too much