July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles
    7/7 - 4.2 miles and 2.25 - went and ran where my boss told me. It was beautiful. It was like 90 and no shade during the run and my breathing is taking a beating, but it was worth to 30 min drive to get there. When I was leaving the hotel we got hit with a sandstorm. Wish I had a better camera then my blackberry with me.

25.35 miles out of 100

exercise.png

jecj13sa3q8i.jpg
    bmt4jie4w9e3.jpg
    yrbmgxnl3976.jpg

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    9 out of 30 miles complete.
  • pauladner
    pauladner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll make my goal 100 miles running on the treadmill this month. I just started jogging, so I am not sure if it is a realistic goal for me.
    Great to find you guys!

7/1 = 5 miles
    7/2 = 3 miles
    7/3 = 8.1 miles
    7/4 = 7 miles
    7/5 = 2.6 miles
    7/6 = 6.17 miles
    7/7 = 3.81 miles

• hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    60 miles for July!
    07/01-1.67 MI
    07/02-1.73 MI
    07/03- 3.86 MI
    07/04- 2.57 MI
    07/05- 4.11 MI
    07/06- 5.12 MI
    07/07- 3.85 MI

Yee haw!!!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    July goal 70 miles

7/1 Snorkel 3 hours
    7/2 6.25
    7/3 horribly ill
    7/4 moderately ill
    7/5 well enough to do 2.55
    7/6 3.15
    7/7 2.86

Total 15.01

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

@JoRocka - the days not over... come on get out there!
    !

I like you're moto!!! Tuesday is my dance day- straight from work to the front desk- I didnt' leave till 11. But tomorrow is a new day. I'm happy if I get 2 runs in a week- thus far haven't been successful- but I have faith!!!

side note of awesome- I also have been researching hills to run- and I think I found a nice 4 mile loop with a long mile uphill grade- it's not a hill or mountain- but it's way better than the treadmill!! Can't wait to get out there and give it a go this weekend or next!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    With the easy enjoyable runs comes the hard "what the s* was I thinking?". I haven't even run my first HM and signed up for another in March in Dallas. What the s* am I thinkin'?

Hello, my name is Elise and I am a running addict! :)

This is what happens when you are addicted - I told myself I was going to take a break from racing back in April or May, then ran the La Jolla HM and signed up for the San Francisco HM at the end of July... since then I have signed up for 3 more (November, December and next February!) and I am contemplating finding one in late September or October.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - love the pictures! Especially the rainbow over the Rio Grande!! It looks like a fantastic place to run.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Grrrreat little mountain valley trail run today with a warmer than should be river to swim in at mid-point. Doggy loved it even more but managed to lose her collar up there but get to go back in a couple of days for a look see. And a swim. :smile:

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		070.30 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (35% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (29% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Tue Jul 07 11.98 Mountain trail run, worked off nice dinner lol
    Mon Jul 06 00.00 Rest day, made nice dinner for sweety's birthday
    Sun Jul 05 07.66 km (86.10 km weekly total, 2,209 meters climbing)
    Sat Jul 04 18.90 km Mountain trail run
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km 
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km 

IMG_20150707_161504.jpg

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1: 6.5 miles
    7/2: 6.5 miles with the Thursday running crew
    7/3: Rest
    7/4: 3.1 miles (New 5k PR of 23:42!)
    7/5: 12 miles
    7/6: 4 miles eeeeeeasy recovery pace
    7/7: 5 miles of easy "I'm drowning in humidity" pace
    7/8: 4 miles out of scheduled 8; might try to do 4 more later. My right calf has been bugging me since my run yesterday; it's tight and irritating on the medial side along the shin bone. I think it's from sitting cross-legged at work all the time and sort of pulling my calf muscle by doing so. I might try to make up the other 4 tonight or tomorrow, but if I don't get 'em, it's not a big deal. But on the flip side, my left calf/heel is feeling better with some dedicated foam rolling and stretching!

41.1/175 miles

exercise.png
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Starting again. Goal for July 50 miles

7-2 3.1 miles
    7-4 3.0 miles
    7-7 3.0 miles

exercise.png
  • ninha36
    ninha36 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    4 out of 20 today.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    7/2 - 2.34 miles
    7/4 - 6.1 miles
    7/6 - 2.94 miles
    7/7 - 4 miles

exercise.png

• virtuesplea
    virtuesplea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First day running in all of July, since I managed to catch a summer cold. 4 slow miles followed by sprints, for a total of 4.8. Still aiming for 100 miles in July

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @baldielove13 - That's bad when you can't even escape the heat at the gym!
    @skippygirlsmom - Nice views!
    @mwyvr - Admit it. You left that collar out there on purpose. What are you going to leave out there today? I don't blame you at all, I might be tempted to do the same.
    @kristinegift - Hope that foam roller takes care of it.
    @virtuesplea - Welcome back from that summer cold.
    Easy 6 miler to kick off a repeat of last week (that's the plan at least).

7/1 - 12 miles
    7/2 - 6 miles (18 miles total)
    7/4 - 16 miles (34 miles total)
    7/5 - 12 miles (46 miles total)
    7/7 - 6 miles (52 total)
    7/8 - 12 miles (64 total)

Goal 200 miles

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles
    7/7 - 4.2 miles and 2.25 - went and ran where my boss told me. It was beautiful. It was like 90 and no shade during the run and my breathing is taking a beating, but it was worth to 30 min drive to get there.
    7/8 - 5.5 miles fun run today, still a bit hard to breathe, but the park had the sprinklers on and I was soaked by the time I was done running. Some places they were right in my face, I was like a kid out there. Met a great Old English Sheepdog puppy (6 months old) and chatted with lots of local folks.

30.85 miles out of 100

exercise.png

@briebee7 thanks - I know if I slack off running when I'm not home I'll pay for it later. Plus hello I love Mexican food I need to work it off ha ha
    @Kristinegift I hope the calf feels better
    @jorocka you are a busy girl
    @shanaber thanks it was a beautiful place to run, I wish I had time to go there again.
    @mwyvr what a beautiful place to run
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Added 4 more miles so far this week, hopefully another 8 by saturday!

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    7/1 - took the 0-fer today after taking my wife to the ER at midnight, I slept in :/
    7/2 - 5 miles on a perfect morning for a run in DSM...you all should be jealous!
    7/3 - 4 miles
    7/4 - 7 miles, visiting in-laws, partial "trail run" through road construction
    7/5 - rest day
    7/6 - 3.1 miles; planned for 5 but got completely washed out by huge rain
    7/7 - seem to have got a summer cold...slept in, no run
    7/8 - getting worse...ugh! May be a sinus infection. Nothing worse than being sick in the summer!

@skippygirlsmom - way to kick butt while out of town
    @kristinegift - hope your calf feels better...be careful.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @karllundy you are so right, summer colds are the worst! Feel better soon

One week down and everyone is doing great!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @karllundy condolences... last month I suffered with a cold for two weeks with lots of false running restarts that may have prolonged it (or may not have, who knows). Be well!

@WhatMeRunning Leaving something up there as an excuse simply never occurred to me. ;-)

If her collar didn't have my phone number and a house key attached to it I wouldn't care quite as much LOL. Anyway... I need to pick up my son and friends who are camping near the trail head by 10:30am Friday so I'm going to head out there extra early for a run and hopefully sneak in a swim too. Collar retrieved or not it'll be good. :smile: