Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Verklempt! I just dropped daughter at airport. She's flying solo - with a change of planes even. She is doing well overall. Eating is MUCH better, she stops when she is full. She is not obsessing so much over her weight. I hid the scale. I got rid of her FAT mirror. It was evil, added lumps and pounds to even her slender figure. She now comes and looks in my mirror which is not a mean, lying, evil mirror. She is much happier. She is looking forward to school and to checking out colleges. She is checking out one college this week. Oh, WestcoastJo I may have to ask you in PM where you are (of course you don't have to answer). I also may forget to do it as I am leaving tonight with SO.

Do you hear that? It is getting louder. In N Out protein style no cheese or sauce is calling me!! (It is unusual that I'm called by food so I must go check it out.) :wink:

Very happy to hear your daughter is feeling better and good for you on getting rid of that evil lying mirror. Banish it to the ne'er world forever!!!

Ditto!
    ythannah wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

For me, a big one would be either consuming too much alcohol in my presence or having way too many "funny" stories about stupid things done while drunk.

And indications of financial irresponsibility (also middle aged here). Like I dated one guy who told me he'd once had his water turned off because he hadn't been able to pay his bill.

This! And btw- the White Chocolate covered animal crackers are Market Pantry (Target brand) and they come in a BIG honey bear container!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)

That's awesome!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

I can't remember the cast of 29..I'll have to look it up because I want to know who you are talking about!
    And while I love horror movies/ghost stories and all that, YIKES!!! Not in my house!!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

I wanted 4th place to win that one too, very much dislike the actual winner.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out. [/quote]I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

[/quote]

I just bought one for my friend at Verizon Wireless got 100. If the sale is still going on I'll grab it.

Sigh I really don't need one but I just hate to be left out. We'll see. Since SusieQ won't have one and neither does Laura maybe I'll resist.

Maybe.

ETA messed up posting again as tried to delete old quotes...[/quote]

I don't have one either and my current step count for the day is a whopping 1040 steps. I struggle most days to hit the 3000 mark unless I go shopping or walk the treadmill during lunch.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hello friends!! I haven't been around today at all I've already missed so much so here goes all in one-

@Coastalpath it was good to hear from you I was beginning to wonder where our other Brit had gone off to!

@nonoelmo I'm super excited to see your Elsa dress I loooove Frozen!! Edit: yeah just remembered it's NOT frozen it's the princess Bride-- still can't wait to see it I love costumes!!

@Susieq_1994 you're exactly two days younger than my second youngest brother! He'll be 21 on the 6th and then my youngest brother will be 18 on October 7th! And thanks for the recipe thread I've never been much of a cook but I've really wanted to try lately!! Oh and your wedding dress was stunning!

@riderfangal I hope you're having a blast on your date! And if not, there will be plenty others! :)

@pofoster21 @orangesmartie I'm sorry it was a crappy day I hope tomorrow goes well for you both!! (Hugs)

@TigerNY128 glad you're checking in I was wondering if you'd left us too!

If I missed anyone I do apologize! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and can't wait to catch up Monday when I should be working haha ❤️

No way, never leaving this thread!! I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday though so I may not be checking in for a few days until I get back! I'm sure I'll have thousands of posts to catch up on...
    Do you mind sharing where you're heading to? Sounds like a fun 4th of July weekend.

We are headed to Amelia Island, Florida for 5 days. I've never been there but it's supposed to be beautiful!

Do you have pictures? I plan on posting vacation pictures once I'm properly caught up on this thread.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I wanted 4th place to win that one too, very much dislike the actual winner.
    Yeah, this season was hard because most of the people I liked just kept getting voted off and I could never really root for anyone except 4th place. :( I prefer the winner to the other two because she actually started playing the game (didn't like her at all at first), so I can respect that.

• bkhamill
    Options
    She was on another reality show (twice) that I watch, and I did not like her on there either. She is a fame junkie.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.
    I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

[/quote]

I just bought one for my friend at Verizon Wireless got 100. If the sale is still going on I'll grab it.

Sigh I really don't need one but I just hate to be left out. We'll see. Since SusieQ won't have one and neither does Laura maybe I'll resist.

Maybe.

ETA messed up posting again as tried to delete old quotes...[/quote]

I don't have one either and my current step count for the day is a whopping 1040 steps. I struggle most days to hit the 3000 mark unless I go shopping or walk the treadmill during lunch.

[/quote]

I have to try really hard to get mine in some days. The last two days I was doing laps of the living room and that is after I went for an almost 40 minute walk when I got home yesterday.

I'm envious of the people who can make steps by walking over to talk to people at the office, taking the stairs more, etc. when they are at work. My office is so small that to go speak to the president of the company (when he is here) it is less than 20 steps. Ditto the restroom. The farthest printer - 6 steps and the photocopier is about 8. I work really hard to be over 3,000 by the end of my work day. And it's all one floor.

If I'm lucky I have to walk to the mailbox a couple times which is about 500 steps round trip. And that only works when it is reasonably warm (not happening at -40) and dry as our yard is unpaved clay.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    @riderfangal you are killing me in the step challenge. What are you doing to stay ahead of me, I have been up from my desk more than sitting today to try and get ahead of you.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    @riderfangal you are killing me in the step challenge. What are you doing to stay ahead of me, I have been up from my desk more than sitting today to try and get ahead of you.

Lol it is so slow at work this week. We are doing some renovations here it's actually driving me crazy. So to relieve the boredom I walk around the building a few times every hour and went for a mile walk at lunch. Trust me once August hits and these expansions are done I won't be able to leave my desk at all :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Guys? I want to bake these: http://prettysimplesweet.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-cheesecake-bars/

... Anyone willing to take them off my hands if I were to offer to bake them for you? Not that I can even bake in this condition, but I'm bored out of my mind and want something to do so I've been browsing recipes. :-/
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Guys? I want to bake these: http://prettysimplesweet.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-cheesecake-bars/

... Anyone willing to take them off my hands if I were to offer to bake them for you? Not that I can even bake in this condition, but I'm bored out of my mind and want something to do so I've been browsing recipes. :-/

How bored are you? :wink: I have not looked at these yet but I bookmarked them to do so b/c I do like to learn.

http://study.com/cm/learning/5_college_courses_you_can_complete_in_a_weekend.html?src=ob&tid=6&cpn=5&clickid=51

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely congratulations wishes! I feel special :) The problem is I've been here before, never quite reached my goal (right now it's 145) and then gained it all back again. Any long-term maintainers got any tips?

I'm feeling guilty because my step count's been terrible for the past week. It's hot and I just can't get the energy up, and there always seem to be other things to do.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Verklempt! I just dropped daughter at airport. She's flying solo - with a change of planes even. She is doing well overall. Eating is MUCH better, she stops when she is full. She is not obsessing so much over her weight. I hid the scale. I got rid of her FAT mirror. It was evil, added lumps and pounds to even her slender figure. She now comes and looks in my mirror which is not a mean, lying, evil mirror. She is much happier. She is looking forward to school and to checking out colleges. She is checking out one college this week. Oh, WestcoastJo I may have to ask you in PM where you are (of course you don't have to answer). I also may forget to do it as I am leaving tonight with SO.

Do you hear that? It is getting louder. In N Out protein style no cheese or sauce is calling me!! (It is unusual that I'm called by food so I must go check it out.) :wink:
    That's awesome that your daughter is doing so well. It must be her awesome mother!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

How bored are you? :wink: I have not looked at these yet but I bookmarked them to do so b/c I do like to learn.

http://study.com/cm/learning/5_college_courses_you_can_complete_in_a_weekend.html?src=ob&tid=6&cpn=5&clickid=51
    Haha! Great idea.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo I like the fact that you used the word "Verklempt" in your post, made me giggle :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

You don't have to ask me twice!! Oh wow!! YUM
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Ooh, that actually sounds awesome! Bookmarked. :) Although I'm too lazy to start anything now--FND is generally not conducive to studying due to the mental exhaustion that comes with it, but today I'm really just lazy. :p
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hello friends!! I haven't been around today at all I've already missed so much so here goes all in one-

@Coastalpath it was good to hear from you I was beginning to wonder where our other Brit had gone off to!

@nonoelmo I'm super excited to see your Elsa dress I loooove Frozen!! Edit: yeah just remembered it's NOT frozen it's the princess Bride-- still can't wait to see it I love costumes!!

@Susieq_1994 you're exactly two days younger than my second youngest brother! He'll be 21 on the 6th and then my youngest brother will be 18 on October 7th! And thanks for the recipe thread I've never been much of a cook but I've really wanted to try lately!! Oh and your wedding dress was stunning!

@riderfangal I hope you're having a blast on your date! And if not, there will be plenty others! :)

@pofoster21 @orangesmartie I'm sorry it was a crappy day I hope tomorrow goes well for you both!! (Hugs)

@TigerNY128 glad you're checking in I was wondering if you'd left us too!

If I missed anyone I do apologize! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and can't wait to catch up Monday when I should be working haha ❤️

No way, never leaving this thread!! I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday though so I may not be checking in for a few days until I get back! I'm sure I'll have thousands of posts to catch up on...
    Do you mind sharing where you're heading to? Sounds like a fun 4th of July weekend.

We are headed to Amelia Island, Florida for 5 days. I've never been there but it's supposed to be beautiful!

Do you have pictures? I plan on posting vacation pictures once I'm properly caught up on this thread.

I'll look through my phone...I'm awful at taking pictures, I always forget! Most of them are probably me and my boyfriend, but I'll look.