Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Guys? I want to bake these: http://prettysimplesweet.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-cheesecake-bars/

... Anyone willing to take them off my hands if I were to offer to bake them for you? Not that I can even bake in this condition, but I'm bored out of my mind and want something to do so I've been browsing recipes. :-/

You don't have to ask me twice!! Oh wow!! YUM

I really wish I knew more people just so I can bake and dump my baked goods on them. *sigh* But Eid is coming and I'm totally making a HUGE peanut butter pie and totally eating a ton of it. Calories don't count in Eid, after all. :p
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Congrats!!! Hope the baby comes soon!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yay for grandbaby! Do you know her name yet? I confess, I love to know baby names!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Oooh, congratulations! I need someone in my immediate circle to have a baby like right now.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Ooo you're going to be a grammy!! Do you know what you would like to be called? Congrats!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?
  • bkhamill
    Options

Yay for grandbaby! Do you know her name yet? I confess, I love to know baby names!

Lily Kay - Kay is my middle name and also the one I gave my daughter.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I dreamt the other night I was pregnant but sad, empty and confused were not the way I woke up feeling ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lily/Lilly seems to be a popular baby name lately. My sister's best friend just had a baby she named Lillian, and since then I have seen two more people on Facebook name their infant daughters the same. Lily Kay is really cute! Once again, congrats!

EDIT: LOL @riderfangal, I hear ya! :lol: If I were actually pregnant I'm sure there would be plenty of panicking going on.
  • bkhamill
    Options

Ooo you're going to be a grammy!! Do you know what you would like to be called? Congrats!!

I already have a grandson - Noah James, he calls me Nana. He is getting a the little sister. (I also have two angel babies whose names are Lauren Adel and Landon David - my oldest sons babies who were born with a genetic disorder)
  • bkhamill
    Options

Lily/Lilly seems to be a popular baby name lately. My sister's best friend just had a baby she named Lillian, and since then I have seen two more people on Facebook name their infant daughters the same. Lily Kay is really cute! Once again, congrats!

EDIT: LOL @riderfangal, I hear ya! :lol: If I were actually pregnant I'm sure there would be plenty of panicking going on.

Thanks, and the Lily name comes from my husbands grandmother.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the lovely congratulations wishes! I feel special :) The problem is I've been here before, never quite reached my goal (right now it's 145) and then gained it all back again. Any long-term maintainers got any tips?

I'm feeling guilty because my step count's been terrible for the past week. It's hot and I just can't get the energy up, and there always seem to be other things to do.

I'm sure everyone's strategy to maintain will be different, but I've maintained the same 5ish pound range for 2+ years now. For me, what's been helpful is having that 5 lb range and then continuing to weigh all the time (daily, typically) to make sure I'm in that range. I haven't logged food in maintenance other than an occasional spot check, because I got pretty good at estimating when I was losing. That being said, I know a lot of other people have been successful doing the opposite of me: tossing the scale and continuing to log food. So maybe staying mindful one way or another might be the ultimate tip.

(Seems a little weird saying this as I just confessed I'm really pissed because I'm one pound over what I want to be - but I'm quite sure it's just DOMS, so I figure I still count as a long-term maintainer).
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This sums up today. Just when I was feeling somewhat normal....

hwpgssx7jgou.jpg
  • bkhamill
    Options

hwpgssx7jgou.jpg

Sorry you are having a rough time, but those calories are nothing, you will overcome them. Focus on your kid and your well being.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the lovely congratulations wishes! I feel special :) The problem is I've been here before, never quite reached my goal (right now it's 145) and then gained it all back again. Any long-term maintainers got any tips?

I'm feeling guilty because my step count's been terrible for the past week. It's hot and I just can't get the energy up, and there always seem to be other things to do.

I'm sure everyone's strategy to maintain will be different, but I've maintained the same 5ish pound range for 2+ years now. For me, what's been helpful is having that 5 lb range and then continuing to weigh all the time (daily, typically) to make sure I'm in that range. I haven't logged food in maintenance other than an occasional spot check, because I got pretty good at estimating when I was losing. That being said, I know a lot of other people have been successful doing the opposite of me: tossing the scale and continuing to log food. So maybe staying mindful one way or another might be the ultimate tip.

(Seems a little weird saying this as I just confessed I'm really pissed because I'm one pound over what I want to be - but I'm quite sure it's just DOMS, so I figure I still count as a long-term maintainer).

I've been maintaining within a 5 lb range for over a year (until last month). I tried not logging food for 6 weeks and ended up 6 lbs over my lowest, so I'm back to logging now. I weigh daily, record my weight weekly. I'm trying to keep the same activity level as when I was losing weight. My ultimate goal is to be able to maintain within that 5 lb range without logging food. I think maintenance is harder than losing was!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I already have a grandson - Noah James, he calls me Nana. He is getting a the little sister. (I also have two angel babies whose names are Lauren Adel and Landon David - my oldest sons babies who were born with a genetic disorder)

Aw yay!! I love the name Nana, that's what I want to be when I have grandkids too!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I dreamt the other night I was pregnant but sad, empty and confused were not the way I woke up feeling ;)

Ha! Yep, I tend to have a different reaction to pregnancy dreams. Congrats @bkhamill!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Sorry you are having a rough time, but those calories are nothing, you will overcome them. Focus on your kid and your well being.

Thank you. It's just frustrating.

Edited for quote fail
  • bkhamill
    Options
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

Ha! Yep, I tend to have a different reaction to pregnancy dreams. Congrats @bkhamill!

I recently dreamed I was pregnant and my daughter and I had babies on the same day, that would be awful! I already raised my babies, no thank you!
    And thanks for the congrats.