WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Vicki wrote - "I am working on being honest in my logging. Even if I go over I am logging. Only person I hurt by not logging is myself. The calories still count even if I don't log them. So far I am doing well at it."

Exactly right and this has been something that I have done to myself for years and years and actually becomes such a habit its hard to break. I have faced it head on and I think it has really helped me. Not just in being honest with myself but in stopping before I eat it and think do I really want to have to log this? Its been an eye opener for sure!! Way to go on the good decision.

Janetr - OKC

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @peachstategal - as for Margaret Holmes - I have not found any of them that I did not like; normally when dealing with 'regular' canned foods, I run water through it until that yucky cream-like gunk is washed away and I can add my own water and seasonings to it. Margaret Holmes, just open, pour, heat, and eat. For just two of us in house; best way to go.

@Annr - I think that is true of all forms of services; whether Navy, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, and Air Force. They keep them isolated (boot camp) so they can 'break them of any habits' and then work them out so they understand what it means to work together and have respect for authority - and that also means parents. I made my sons start washing their own clothes when they were 7 and 9 respectively; because the youngest one was such a 'clothes horse' that if he wore if for a little while and then he took a shower, he'd not put it back on and would throw it in the 'dirty clothes' basket. I got tired of washing them when they were not really dirty. DYS is still the same; but, he also still washes all his clothes. He is surprised when we come out that I will wash a few loads for him. His wife bought him a lot of clothes so that he could wear something other than T-shirts and Khaki's. He wore a sports coat and dress khaki's to a friend's wedding; but, at his wedding they did not wear any type of coat. He had told her that since the church was not A/C'd she had better come up with something they did not have to wear a coat with. She did - but it was still 'hot'. Ceremony was short and sweet and the reception went well into the night via Louisiana Cajun style. I don't know where he gets his 'ways' but, he is pretty much like my husband, just more OCD about things. He always has a Plan "A", "B", "C", "D"-it to the job is done right. He and DOS are polar opposites (much like my DH and I are) so we all get along very well together.

I agree that a son is a son until he takes on a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life. That does not bother me - I know that my DYS's wife is like a daughter to me; my DOS's wife would do anything to be 'divisive' in nature when it certainly does not work to her advantage to do so, however. I've tried (and I am tired) of trying to be the 'type of MnL she really does not want to begin with'. Nothing I say or do for her stays appreciated for very long. I just have to roll my head around with a smile on my face - that way she does not know if I agree with her or not. I never know what side of the bed she has gotten up on. Usually the wrong side when it comes to dealing with me.

@margaretturk - got the one you reproduced. Thanks.

@Katla49 - yeah, guess that is the 'baby of the family' for me . . . had to figure out a way to be heard; being a 'clown' helped. I got a lot of 'oh, that's just Lenora'. B)

@miriamwithcats - funny story about your grandmother stuffing remaining breast into a "C" cup. I'm sure that was a bra designed by a man. I'll find a bra to fit me (and I am not really huge by any stretch of the imagination); but, if I don't go ahead and buy 3 or 4 at that same time, next time I go to buy one, they have discontinued them. FINALLY, Victoria Secret has started carrying bras that are above a "C-cup" in their local store.

@lhannon062709 - Funny story about your grandmother; I could imagine my own doing something similar. My only question now is 'what is Trump thinking of when he shows up with what appears to be a MAJOR comb-over from all directions. I bet he has enough hairspray in it that a hurricane or tornado wouldn't blow it apart. It looks like he combs it over from both sides; and then does a pompadour from back to front and against down the back. Any way he does it - not at all flattering. I'd rather see a man 'buzz his hair' or 'shave his head' if they are going bald. FINALLY, my DH got his sort of 'buzzed' this last time he went to get it cut; I'd actually like to see him do it all over - maybe my new DnL will talk him into it when we go to visit the end of August.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    iorrcd72svkt.jpg
    in7k3y2w167n.jpg
    zcysusrbimc8.jpg
    kl8b1hneslfz.jpg
    gyxq3eozmjps.jpg

Our drinks r so cool they e en needed sunglasses. At our cabana

Kirby looks like a young kid, but with chest hair. He also looks happy. :heart:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Kirby apparently wears short pants most of the time. Don't know his age; but, when I married my husband 43 years ago, his legs were just as hairy (chest probably more so) and both he has lost a lot to shirts rubbing and pants rubbing. His legs are almost bare of much hair. But, the funniest story about that was, when we went home (parents) with my sisters and their families for the first time, my youngest niece (deaf) walked in on him with his shirt off. She looked up at his head and down to his chest and said 'your hair fell down'. I thought we were going to RITFLOAO! She did not 'understand' why we were laughing; but, I went up to him, rubbed his head and then his chest. She knew then that what she had said was something 'funny' to (or in front of) us.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »

Yesterday after DH and I went to Costco, I met my friend and we finally went to line dancing class. This was the first one we made because they changed days so there has been a conflict each week. I felt really out of it, but was able to hang in there for much of it. A few of the dances they did to slower music and then for those that wanted to hang in there, they would do it to faster. I didn’t try any of those. The one thing I’ll say is it was great exercise. I was dripping wet and could really feel it when it was over. Out of the 1 ½ hour class I think I danced at least an hour, so I burned a few calories. I’ll admit I’m a little sore this morning but that lets me know that it did some good.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif
    DJ, I am so happy to hear that you finally went to line dance. I hope you will keep going and enjoy it as much as I do. It is a fun way to be active and to use your brain at the same time.....I love the dog pictures.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,292 Member
    Options
    Ooouuufff! Tired! Happy. Ate and drank too much, but not much too much. :D
    Lots of walking. That cathedral is the biz. <3

Speak tomorrow. Heather UK
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps. -
    jjust finished working out at the gym -
    yeah, the way this room thinks, i didn't notice spell checker put in wank so that has GOT to mean f*&^k. dirty birds, all of you!!! back in the day, i wouldn't have passed that opportunity under the right circumstances, lololol.

glad u all like the pics. more will come, now this poop has gotta go poop

ROLFLMAO!!! I was wondering how that could be with all the peeps on the escolators in Vegas. You ladies all crack me up. :p

Rosie
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thursday and second day of 4 juices/smoothies and 1 dinner
    Meals: = 1410 cals & 24g Fibre
    Before boxing; Peach pie delight smoothie
    1 hour after breakfast:Watering pineapple smoothie
    Lunch: Berries galore smoothie
    Afternoon: Citrus ginger smoothie
    Dinner: porterhouse steak, boiled potatoes, steamed carrots and cauliflower
    Supper: Vitarium hot chocolate
    Training:
    Wii Gold's boxing
    JJ's Kick-boxing boot-camp
    JJ's Circuit A
    Walk dog
    House:
    Tidy house
    Iron bed linen

We do not get many wild fires in Tasmania, last 3 years ago near here, no droughts either but we do get snow. Wildfires and droughts on mainland

Lesley in Tasmania
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,617 Member
    Options
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    pip - thanks for sharing Vegas & Kirby w/us. Never gone and enjoyed it the way you are. I'd like to wank there too.
    penny - absolutely gorgeous! you look beautiful
    terri - your plants look so healthy, whereever you're at must have lots of water and moisture. most things here are shriveled up
    lesley - those smoothies sound goood. i'd like to see tasmania

so it's home tonight to show my face and check on my chicks and dog. dH probably won't speak. camp is fun, enjoying the hiking - think adults should go, and leave the kids at home.

linda in calif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    smiley-sport038.gif
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Katla, I’m so happy for you that you hurt your knee. wheelchair.gif I didn’t realize that is what got you started on this journey. Isn’t it interesting, the thing that just turns on that lightbulb and leads us in a certain direction. I think it is absolutely fantastic that you get to do your riding lessons now, when you didn’t have the opportunity earlier in life. It just goes to show, “It’s never too late”.

Terri, how many kicks are you going to need? Other than some occasional lazy eating, it sounds like you are doing pretty good? I feel like I live on a plateau, so I know your frustration. Just keep on keepin’ on. It will move again.

Poop, holy moly, you did get a big cabana. I thought you were kidding when you said you had room for us to come join you. Is that the only size they have? The water looks wonderful. Love the pictures. Keep em comin’.

Vicki, when you go out to dinner, hopefully you can find something to eat so you can enjoy and stay within reasonable calories. It would have been nice if he told you before lunch so you could adjust it.phone.gif

Barbie, I do plan to keep going to line dancing if my back doesn’t object too much. Today it is not real happy but hopefully will get better as I go. I do enjoy it but there may be a little too much brain activity involved for me to ever get good at it. Lol

Heather, so glad you had a good time.

Lesley, that Peach pie delight smoothie sounds like something I’d like. smiley-eatdrink009.gif

My lower back is really killing me tonight. Think I’ll go lay down on an ice pack. If that doesn’t help then it’s a pain pill and off to bed. I hope it wasn’t the line dancing and just one of those things.

I wish you all a restful night and wonderful day tomorrow.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,617 Member
    Options
    We spent it all!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm too tired to read. 16,000 steps - 4000 past my previous best day.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Could not make Citrus Ginger smoothie so made "Cough Buster"
    Peach pie Delight smoothie
    1/2 sweet potato
    2 peaches
    1 apple
    1cup blueberries
    Dash cinnamon
    Blend everything one at a time

I threw up this morning so now shampooing dining room carpet, oh my

Lesley in Tasmaia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    I was going to do a step revival DVD but the cueing was so bad that I changed to Simply Step by Gin Miller DVD for an hour. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 Purely Strength DVD.

Exercised then had the general meeting for Newcomers. Came home and went to CVS, they didn't have Vince's prescription ready so we went to the Post Office (I gave Lynette some cake), to CVS then home and in the pool. Had an early dinner and went to ceramics. I only have the third coat of paint on the body of the turtle to do, then fire it, then as long as it isn't streaky I'll put the clear glaze on it and have them fire it again.

tuliplor - I found that I made a salad yesterday, put it in the refrig, and when I got hungry it was all ready for me to have. Think maybe I'll do that again.

Joyce - you said something about a picture frame where you recorded something.

Penny - stunning outfit

Sylvia - I suppose you an freeze cherries with the pit in them. I did get a cherry pitter at Bed Bath & Beyond, you can put like 6 cherries at a time. Then I froze them.

ydaily - can you block the phone number that's calling you so early in the morning?

Carol in GA - I bought this one shirt, it was only something like $8. When I got home I realized it was 100% cotton. I thought "oh crap, what if it wrinkles something terrible. Well, if it does, I'll iron it once and then donate it". But you know what? I washed and dried it, and it didn't wrinkle at all.

Lisa - great run! I love my veggies

toni - safe travels

DJ - what sweeties! Feel better fast

]katla - hope you get the boat fixed.

pip - thanks for sharing the pics

Lenora - out of the mouths of babes

Just short notes today. Been pretty busy. Tomorrow we have the lunch with the Newcomers.

Michele in NC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ok newsflash!!! I am CRANKY! Gained 3 lbs, and I know I am to blame! Rec'd some big @$$ chocolate chips from the food bank, and used them to make cookies from heaven, but feeling like I have back-tracked so much! And yes all my sentences end in a !!
    Plan of Attack~
    -Eat more cleaner, less cans and boxes, more cooking, dicing and chopping!
    -Drink more water
    -get up earlier and WALK
    -Exercise like a WOMAN WITH A MISSION!
    -Eat first then fix for others, if I am hungry.

So I feel jealousy, anger, tired, and I want to follow thru with things. I am all talk and no action these days. I need to walk the walk. Ok ranting and whining over. Phew!

Becca by the Beach that is a #1 class VENTER.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif
    DJ, when I went to my first line dance class, my goal was to not fall down and not knock anybody else down....I succeeded so I went back the next week and just kept going and little by little I learned the steps and then the dances.

smiley-happy026.gifBecca, success is inspirational and disaster is inspirational, so your cookie disaster has inspired you to stay on track and be a woman on a mission....this journey is a matter of life and death.

smiley-happy026.gif JanetMMcC, congrats on your higher step count today.

<3 Barbie
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know that I have never "wanked" on an escalator, but in my younger days, I may have drunk myself to Bolivia. Does that require a passport?

The rabbits have been eating everything in our yard this year, including the hostas. They especially like the petunias my hubby planted in the front flowerbeds. We have found that sprinkling bloodmeal on them helps but you have to reapply after it rains (and we've gotten a lot of rain this year). My MIL was a hairdresser and used to hang human hair on posts in her garden. Apparently, the smell of human keeps the deer away. (Maybe it works the same with human pee?)

Miriamwithcats - I live in the Des Moines area. Nice to know there is a fellow Iowan here.

Heather - Love the picture of you and your friend. You look amazing and I love the hat.

Heather/Gilly - I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.

Penny - You look beautiful in the dress!

Carol - I'm glad to hear you got a good night's sleep and I'm sorry your daughter is not helping out.

Yvonne/JanetM - I haven't read Louise Penny, but I like a good murder mystery so I'm going to check one out the next time I go to the library.

Miriam/Lisa - Love the stories about your grandmothers. They both made me chuckle.

Terri - I can understand how frustrating a plateau can be. I've read somewhere that our body adjusts to whatever routine we set so I can only suggest to try switching something up as Janet also suggested. And, make sure you are getting enough sleep. I've also read that lack of sleep is one of our biggest obstacles because our body tries to compensate by holding onto those calories. Also, if your fat percent is going down but your weight is going up, that just means you are gaining muscle and losing fat. Don't give up. This plateau will end.

Spent all my time catching up on posts and don't have time to write any more. Have to go get the rest of my steps in for the day.

Linda/IA
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just finished my food diary. Tomorrow will be one week. I am excited to weigh myself. We will see!! When I work, I had the bad habit of eating late. I need to stop that. I even had food prepared this evening. By the time I cook for everyone though, it just gets too late! AGAIN...this group is so supportive!! It makes me want to post something ever day. You are all great people!! :)
    OH...I thought I would share my 4th of July dessert. Sugar free vanilla pudding, lite cool whip, strawberries, blueberries and (optional - angel food cake in small pieces) It was really good!!s4eyszvlw1hm.jpg