• melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Genius! Food and shoes!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    ...I found that Brooks is currently having a Summer Clearance Sale and I bought another pair of Glycerin 12's for $98!
    Interesting. I just did the exact same thing after reading that!:tongue:

Aw bummer! I just spent my last stashed $200 on registering for a HM. I need another pair of the cadence trail shoes.
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    ...last stashed $200 on registering for a HM.

Holy carp! I can't imagine spending that much on a half marathon (or does HM stand for something else?) Why so much?
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    In for July for 60 miles! :)

July 1st - 3.2 miles
    July 2nd - 6.2 miles
    July 3rd - 6.1 miles
    July 7th - 4.9 miles
    July 9th - 3.9 miles

Total - 24.3 miles

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Grrrreat little mountain valley trail run today with a warmer than should be river to swim in at mid-point. Doggy loved it even more but managed to lose her collar up there but get to go back in a couple of days for a look see. And a swim. :smile:

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		070.30 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (35% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (29% completed)
    Tue Jul 07 11.98 Mountain trail run, worked off nice dinner lol
    Mon Jul 06 00.00 Rest day, made nice dinner for sweety's birthday
    Sun Jul 05 07.66 km (86.10 km weekly total, 2,209 meters climbing)
    Sat Jul 04 18.90 km Mountain trail run
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km 
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km 

IMG_20150707_161504.jpg

Beautiful! Where is it? Rocky mountains?
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    A day off and cooler weather = 5 miles and no walking! Win-Win!!

exercise.png

@skippygirlsmom: Awesome pix!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No shoe store today after all. I started getting ready and Little Man (the 3-year old) was literally climbing all over me, just dying to go out with me. I can't really try on shoes and run around the outside of the store in them when he is along, seeing how he has elopement tendencies with his autism (he just starts running wherever, usually towards the most dangerous thing). We still had a good time going out though! Those Hoka's will have to wait for the weekend. I already paid for the next shoes at the shoe store with a gift card from a bonus earlier this year. Seeing that Brooks sale was impossible to pass up. So for the $98 bucks I am hoping to get two new pairs of shoes! Normally there is NO WAY I would be getting two pairs of shoes at once.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1: 6.5 miles
    7/2: 6.5 miles with the Thursday running crew
    7/3: Rest
    7/4: 3.1 miles (New 5k PR of 23:42!)
    7/5: 12 miles
    7/6: 4 miles eeeeeeasy recovery pace
    7/7: 5 miles of easy "I'm drowning in humidity" pace
    7/8: 4 miles
    7/9: 5 miles -- quick, fun ones with the Thursday running group!

Going to be 5 miles short from my scheduled 39 miles this week, but my right calf feels almost 100%. This is why I estimated 11 fewer miles for my challenge than on my schedule. Little aches and pains usually mean a few skipped miles. Oh well! Now to fix this left calf/heel once and for all!

46.1/175 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    ...I found that Brooks is currently having a Summer Clearance Sale and I bought another pair of Glycerin 12's for $98!
    Interesting. I just did the exact same thing after reading that!:tongue:

Aw bummer! I just spent my last stashed $200 on registering for a HM. I need another pair of the cadence trail shoes.

Ouch $200 is that one of those "rock and roll" races. I signed Skip and I both up for a HM for less than half of that.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    "Ran" a small section of the Baden Powell Trail, climbing 521 meters. The BP trail is used as the route of the Knee Knacker, an appropriately named 30 mile mountain trail run happening this Saturday. I'm *not* running it. Not this year. Next year... definite maybe.

exercise.png
    Month to date:		081.09 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (40% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (33% completed)
    Thu Jul 09 10.79 Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 08 00.00 Rest day, soccer
    Tue Jul 07 11.98 Mountain trail run
    Mon Jul 06 00.00 Rest day
    Sun Jul 05 07.66 km (86.10 km weekly total, 2,209 meters climbing)
    Sat Jul 04 18.90 km Mountain trail run
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km 
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km 

Knee Knacker 2015 press release
    As one of Canada’s largest ultra-marathon races, the Knee Knacker takes participants from Horseshoe Bay to Deep Cove along the 30-mile (48.6 km) Baden-Powell trail. Runners go up, over, and around the major North Shore mountains – Cypress, Grouse, and Seymour – gaining over 8,000 feet (2,400 meters) in elevation along the way for a total elevation change of over 16,000 feet (4,800 meters).
  • mwyvr
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Beautiful! Where is it? Rocky mountains?

@Aine8046 The area is called Golden Ears and is part of the Garibaldi Range in southwestern British Columbia, very near the west coast / city of Vancouver. Map | Images. Behind me is Gold Creek which should be numbing my nether regions but was surprisingly warm so doggy and I both got to swim. Down the trail a bit there were two others taking in the sun and that's it, completely empty of people. The more popular west canyon trail is the route up to the various peaks.

• mwyvr
    Options
    @shanaber thanks for the info on various trail shoes you've tried. Somehow I bet we could keep a thread going on this subject what with the likes of Imelda @melaniefave41 Marcos and "I'm Just Going To Get Gas" @WhatMeRunning, and yours "hide the evidence" truly hanging about.

@_nikkiwolf_ Clearly that episode was silly. The bad guys stole her shoes and the runner is still in hot pursuit!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    July 1 - rest
    July 2 - 3.75 run/walk combo
    July 3 - 5 miles
    July 4 - 5.76 miles
    July 5 - walked 5 miles in morning to scout out a place to do long run. Then walked another 6 all around the city.
    July 6 - rest
    July 7 - 8.6 - fun run to Roosevelt Island and then around the island. Weather is great for me!
    July 8 - 4.1 miles
    July 9 - 3.51 miles - early run with daughter, last one until HM in October. :( Bittersweet.

exercise.png
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    7/9: 5 miles

So far: 36 miles out of 115
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow @Elise4270 - that is a lot for a HM! I thought the ones here in CA were expensive but I have never gotten much over $100 with the most being $150 for a Special Edition Divas race that includes a jacket...
    @WhatMeRunning - you have a running store within the distance to the grocery store? Danger Danger!! I would never get to the grocery store and I would be broke! The closest running store to me (other than the internet) is 20 miles down a terribly busy freeway! I don't go there often.
    @mwyvr - we could definitely have an entire thread dedicated to discussing running shoes and what we like and don't like. Pretty sure @melaniefave41 and I could keep it going even if no one else joined us :)
    Hi there @_nikkiwolf_ - welcome back from vacation! We missed you!

Went to strength training tonight - no running tomorrow per my trainer and I should probably pass on my Saturday run too. hmmmm... we'll see if I can hold off through the weekend and if my husband can put up with me not running that much longer :)

Forgot to include this - anyone in the Atlanta area want to be an extra in a zombie TV show - the Walking Dead? They are looking for runners! http://www.runnersworld.com/briefs/runners-wanted-as-extras-on-the-walking-dead
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Got up early, feeling guilty as I ate way over my allowed calories yesterday, anyway I have done a run before work which is quite unheard of for me so am feeling slightly better. I managed to beat my time again, (13.34 for 2.5k), gradually getting nearer to the next half minute goal. My ankle is feeling a bit niggly now so will wear flat shoes to work today.

Have a good day everyone :smile:

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Went to work out with my hubby this morning at 6:30am. Not a usual thing for me but it was nice. He went and did his thing, I did my C25K. Week 5, Day 1. Not pleasant but I did it. NOT looking forward to my next one.

exercise.png

• mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Slooowly ramping up the miles again, not wanting a repeat of last months shin splints and being sidelined for a week.

exercise.png

7/6 2.2 mi
    7/7 2.3
    7/9 3.08

• JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oooh, how we love new sneaks. I just bought a new pair of Brooks Ravennas 5 for $79 on clearance from Dicks. dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28922316

But, I don't want to wear them just yet. 2 reasons- the rain and mud and secondly- I'm waiting on getting a new pair of inserts for them.

Way to go @bbandme You are getting stronger and faster. Good idea to wear flats today. Don't feel funny wearing your sneaks into work either. Last spring and summer I wore my bright Brooks to church and everywhere else because I was guarding my healing PF and Achilles Tendonitis in my right foot/ankle.

So glad your right calf is feeling a lot better @kristinegift . Your'e doing a great job running so many miles!

Did a little circuit training yesterday and walked- today's 7miles were pretty nice and easy, Thank the LORD! He is good.
    exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - Yeah, the running store is pretty close. Not as close as the store, but just a couple miles down the road from the store. :smile: In the amount of time I could browse the aisles I could go to the running store on a targeted mission, then do another surgical strike at the grocery store, and be back home in the same amount of time. Granted, I would be carrying a shoe box in addition to grocery bags which is sure to arouse suspicion.