July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Joining late, but just started up MFP again. I'm training for my next Half in August and Full in October.

My coach (and by "coach" I mean my Nike+Running marathon training program) says I'm going to run 164 miles in July.

So far:
    01-Jul: 3.9
    02-Jul: 4.0
    04-Jul: 10.0
    05-Jul: 4.1
    06-Jul: 6.0
    07-Jul: 5.0

09-Jul: Plan 4
    10-Jul: Plan 10
    12-18 Jul: Plan 34
    19-25 Jul: Plan 38
    26-31 Jul: Plan 45

exercise.png
  • amc29
    amc29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    New to the running challenge. My goal is 56 miles for July.

exercise.png

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 1.75mi Today was going to be a rest day because my quads are tight and sore but I did it. It was slow and I went on a sandy path instead of pavement to see if it helped and I do feel a little better.
    7/3 - 3.1mi Did my usual hilly path thru the park. Waited until evening to go but it was nice. Completed the first of 2 virtual 5k's. Now I have the rest of the month to improve my time LOL.
    7/6. - 1.6mi Went for a birthday run with my son, which, While I love spending time with him I hate running with him because i am to much slower than him and he always wants to walk LOL.
    7/7. - 3.1 mi Got up at 4:30am to get a run in before work and make up for yesterday. Think I will skip yoga today, I am sure I will pay for it later this week.

9.55 done and 20.45 to go.

[/quote]

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - my knee is doing ok. I hobbled through agility class last night and by the end it was actually feeling a bit better. I iced again when I got home and this morning applying heat and ice. It is still stiff but the pain is much better. I know from the past that it is just a matter of getting the inflammation/irritation back under control and the pain will go away and that just takes time. I just need it to be close to 100% for the HM on the 26th! I am planning to take the next few days off and see how it is feeling going into the weekend. I was going to do my last long run on Saturday but will drop it and do some short runs if anything. Thanks for asking!
    @skippygirlsmom - so glad you found a place to run outside rather than in the hot gym! I will be interested to hear how the area along the Rio Grande was for running. I have heard it is very scenic in some areas.
    @ShortMrsN - take care of yourself! Hope you kick that chest infection soon!
    @7lenny7 - I am not a morning person but I typically start my workday at 6:30am and getting up to run at 5am so I can be back before my meetings start has been a real challenge. I do love being out early though when it is cool, getting to see the sun come up and having the trail to myself.
    @JoRocka - the days not over... come on get out there!
    @LittlePinkShotgun - a 6:05 pace sounds pretty awesome to me, especially since I am pretty sure I would never be able to go that fast!
    @nolakris, @amc29, and @419er - welcome to the group! It is good to see new runners still joining us!

It has cooled down considerably here (mid 70's) and I really wish I could get out there and run... by the time I am able to run again it will be hot again!
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Just to say not posting my mileage this month as overall I have no specific goals. My Ultra is on Saturday so it all depends on how my legs are after. I will post details post race and I know some of you follow details on my blog and instagram (links in my profile) . Anyway good luck to everyone this month and I will pop in to see progress at points
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Had a lovely run today.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A meagre 0.6km today as part of circuits.
    exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1- rest
    2-lunch swim, 12.15 bike
    3-0.52 GI upset. Decided to lay on couch and eat popsicles instead.
    4-5.18 hot. HI 99, temp 89 humidity 60%
    5- 4.80 run, cold spring dip, run
    6-rest
    7- 3.27 80° 90% precip.

13.77/70+

With the easy enjoyable runs comes the hard "what the s* was I thinking?". I haven't even run my first HM and signed up for another in March in Dallas. What the s* am I thinkin'?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote:
    With the easy enjoyable runs comes the hard "what the s* was I thinking?". I haven't even run my first HM and signed up for another in March in Dallas. What the s* am I thinkin'?
    I remember asking myself that when I signed up for a series of 3 half marathons after having only done one (and it kicked my butt).

It does make for excellent training motivation.:smile:

You can do it, just train smart.
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    7/6 - Jogged 1.5 miles (also walked 2.5)

exercise.png
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options

5 today. Very humid and forced to walk a couple times. But so far staying motivated (thanks Running Challenge!) and on track.

exercise.png
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    In for July for 60 miles! :)

July 1st - 3.2 miles
    July 2nd - 6.2 miles
    July 3rd - 6.1 miles
    July 7th - 4.9 miles

Total - 20.4 miles

• fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just joining. I am a beginner. Since July 1st I ran 27.21miles and I am hoping to reach at least 60 miles for July.
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

exercise.png

OK I increased to 70miles
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just jumping in. Training for a 25k trail in September. Goal for July is 80.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    7/1 = 5 miles
    7/2 = 6 miles @ 6 weeks postpartum!
    7/3 = weight training in the morning, 4 miles stroller walk
    7/4 = Rest day, holiday dinner with the family and a very cranky baby. Add a dog terrified by the fireworks, shaking, panting and salivating on my bed, and you get the whole picture of my 4th of July night. Breath in…Breath out…
    7/5 = 4 miles, hot and humid, but I needed it for my sanity.
    7/6 = 3 miles. Super hot, humid, yucky but an outside run it was!
    7/7 = 2 miles, a quick stroller jog around the block. Had no energy after a rough night with the little runner. All good though :)

@ddmom0811 My long runs are solo, then sometimes I walk/jog with my baby in the stroller, and if I feel very brave, I take Mischka the dog as well. But that's rough, she (the dog) is very good if there is nobody around, but once she sees other dogs, it's over. She HAS to go say hi and play with them, so I am having a hard time dealing with her and the stroller.

@WhatMeRunning I am extremely blessed to have had this baby at the end of May, and now both my husband and I are off the entire summer. It's a hard life of college professors :D So we try to keep each other sane by making sure we both get our along time and try to keep our hobbies. He regularly lifts at the gym, I prefer running outside, but sometimes do some strength training as well. We also have a great family support. My in-laws will drop everything and come to the rescue if needed. No need so far :D It is definitely much harder to stay active with a newborn, but we do our best. Just have to be flexible and remember - This too shall pass!

@Elise4270 I think it's awesome you signed up for 2 races! Which ones are you running? I will be training for a race this coming September and maybe another one in October, one in Annapolis MD.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Good advice. I'll take it! Thanks.

@Runningmischka I signed up for a big race. Rock and Roll Half in March 2016. Also Spirit of Survival in Lawton OK in October. And I wanted the extra bling for the RnR so I added the 5k the day before.

I want to be a runner. But most of the time I feel like a fraud out there. It's weird. It's like my mind has morphed in to a runner before my body has. I suppose it has to be that way to push through the challenges running poses.
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    7/7 2.5 miles, for a total of 10.5miles out of my 35 mile goal. At least I'm on target! Thanks to all of you for being so inspiring when I really don't feel like getting off the couch. ;)
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    7/6: 6.25 mi.
    7/7: 5.7 mi.

So far: 30.9 out of 115 miles

These two days have been garbage. It's been so hot in the gym. I couldn't even finished my plan for 7.2 miles today. Somehow I didn't think I'd have to deal with the heat inside the gym. Boy was I wrong! I'm just venting.