July Fitness Challenge

Options

Replies

• LuluforFitness
    LuluforFitness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Here is this weeks check-in/weigh-in for me...

Name: Kimberleigh
    Height: 5' 8"

Start Weight (1st July): 316.2
    Goal Weight (1st August): 310

1st July: 316.2
    8th July: 311.4
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: 4.8
    Weight lost/gained this month: 4.8

Wow Kimberleigh, You knocked it out of the park this week!!! I hope you are taking moment to own your success. You deserve it!!! Have a great second week!
  • LuluforFitness
    Options
    Name: Trisha
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (1st July): 171.2
    Goal Weight (1st August): 165

1st July:171.2
    8th July:169.8
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: - 2 lbs
    Weight lost/gained this month:

Successes/struggles this week: its been difficult for me to stay motivated with the busy life but I started working out after work instead of before which seems to be working better

Congratulations Trisha! I am social media bowing to you right now. I am truly impressed with your dedication to exercise. It is difficult to fit into a busy schedule, but the payoff is well worth it. You are setting up healthy patterns that you can carry with you for the rest of your life! Kick butt next week!

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    dfree4wb wrote: »

Name: Dean

Start weight (1st July): 231
    Goal weight (1st Aug): 225

1st July: 231
    8th July:230
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: Lost 1
    Weight lost/gained this month: Lost 1

Successes/struggles this week: I was off 4 days for the holiday and the weekend. I t was raining most of that time and with me stuck in the house and bored, it was hard to not graze through the kitchen. With that, a 1 pound loss is huge!

I totally agree Dean! Congratulations! I am sending lots of positive energy your way for a successful second week!!! :smile:

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    mcfattest wrote: »
    Embarrassing week for me :( Also a wake up call!!!

Start Weight (2nd July): 52.2 Kg (115lbs)
    Goal Weight (1st August): 50 kg (110 lbs)

1st July: 52.2 kg (115lbs)
    8th July: 53.4 kg (117.5 lbs)
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: GAINED 2.5 lbs

Successes/struggles this week
    This week was unusual for me: after a month of nice steady weight loss streak, this week I gained weight...And I know why: Hosting a party for 4th of July, when I bought a variety of foods with my guests' interest in mind, then having several days of leftovers really set me back. This comes to say that it takes time to change a habit and to maintain it.
    Women have other struggles with weight loss too: Carbs are irresistible close to that time of the month, who's with me? Nonetheless, I'm happy I am part of this accountability group; I slipped but I'm ready to get back on track.
    Success this week: Managing to wake up on Saturday morning and have a run at sunrise :smile:
    Hope your week was better, and if not, let's turn it around!

I love your attitude. Each day is a new opportunity for success! I am looking forward to hearing your good news next week! Enjoy!
  • LuluforFitness
    Options
    exitbuddy wrote: »
    Name: Natalie
    Height: 5'5"

Start weight July 1st: 148 lbs
    Goal weight Aug 1st: 142

July 1st: 148 lbs
    July 8th: 149.2

Gained 1.2 lbs

Successes/Struggles: I think I need to remember not to eat out of boredom. I have reinforced my knowledge that I am much happier after working out! I love to feel strong and energetic. That will be true no matter what numbers are on the scale. Thank you LuluforFitness for your positive vibes!

Truth girl! It is ALL about feeling good. The weight loss should be a byproduct of our tending to our bodies, not trying to achieve an unrealistic body ideal. No beating ourselves up! You are going to rock it this week!!! :smile:

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    mcfattest wrote: »
    Welcome mcfattest! I must confess, I don't like calling you that. It seems mean. I am so glad you joined our challenge!!! It is never too late to commit to being mindful of our health. I wish you a wonderful week!
    Hi:) Thank you for the warm welcome, and I hope you'll find comfort in knowing that mcfattest is a result of an inside joke me and my spouse call one another when we get off the the healthy weight wagon: he is mcfatty and I am mcfattest. It is not intended to shame or scold anyone other than myself.

Hahaha Got it!

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    Hi, everyone,
    I would love to join this group because sharing another person's weekly progress is very motivated. Having searching for motivated for the past few days and all I found was person's talking about their long term progress really frustrates me because I become impatient and want to lost that much overnight. Lol

I'm in

Name: Venice
    Height: 5'6"

Starting weight: 191lb
    Goal: 175-170lbs

July 15:
    July 22:
    July 29:
    August 1:

Welcome Venice! I wish you a joyful and successful week!!!

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    Name: Aubrey
    Start Weight (1st July): 230
    Goal Weight (1st August): 210

1st July:230
    8th July:225
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week:3 lbs this week and 2 lbs last week
    Weight lost/gained this month:5 lbs

Successes/struggles this week: doing a very low sugar diet no fruits except green tipped banana or 1 green apple a day, very low carbs (only 1/2 a cup of rice, legumes or quinoa a day), lots of veggies except for corn and no potatoes including sweet potatoes. So far my biggest struggle has been missing fruit but my greatest strength has been my energy level and not to mention overall less bloating!

Congratulations Aubrey! It looks like you are finding a path that works for you. I wish you much success next week!!!

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    Is it too late to join? This is exactly what I need!

Height 5'2"
    Weight:
    July 1st: 143
    July 8th (which is tomorrow... yikes!):
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Height: 5'2"
    Weight:
    July 1st: 143
    July 8th: 139.6 (we'll see if I can stay out of the 140's!)

Successes/struggles this week: Even though I just joined yesterday I've been working out 6 days a week since the first of the month. That's definitely my success so far. I have yet to miss a workout. It was rough last weekend staying on point. My father in law made homemade ice cream. How could I say no??? It was ridiculous but I just tried to compensate it with a longer workout both saturday and sunday. I know it's going to be a long month and I'll be going out of town at the end. Whew!

Go Sarah!!! It sounds like you found great balance in you life last week. I hope you enjoyed every bite of ice cream! Have a good week!!!
  • LuluforFitness
    Options
    siennan wrote: »
    siennan wrote: »
    I'd love to join!

Name: Siennan
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (1st July): 166.5
    Goal Weight (1st August): 156.5

1st July:166.5 (5th 166)
    8th July: 164.5
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: since July 1st I've lost .5lb, so I'm starting today (7/5) @ 166.
    Weight lost/gained this month: n/a

Successes/struggles this week:

- wine and sweets are my weakness. It is my goal to have only one bottle per week (so 4 glasses), while I'm losing weight.
    I can't control myself around candy... If I have it in the house I will absolutely consume ALL of it - typically at once. So, this week I commit to NO candy.

July 8th check-in
    Lost 2 lbs

I did well this week with my wine&sweets consumption (since I technically started this on Monday... That was pretty easy lol)... The real test will be from now until the 15th. Fingers crossed & prayers said!

Congratulations on a 2lb weight loss!!! If you like the taste of maple and are willing to spend $15.00 on a pound of candy, Amazon sells Canadian Hard Maple Candies. They are SOOOOOOO good and take a long time to melt. It typically takes about 5 minutes to eat one. My husband loves them!!! They are 60 calories for 3 and so flavorful that 3 typically quenches my taste for sweets. The one pound box has about four giant handfuls of the candies which are about the size of a nickel each. I feel like I am writing an ad. Hahaha... Sorry. I am not trying to tempt you. For me, they provide that balance between pleasure and restraint. Best of luck this week! Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

• JennInAustin
    JennInAustin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, Lulu! You are a great cheerleader. Just know that I'm cheering you on also! :)

Congratulations, and your focus is correct. It is about health and wellness. Remember, you need lots of good, nutritional food to build beautiful muscle. Best of luck this week!

• Kimmie103073
    Kimmie103073 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lulu thanks so much for the inspiration to keep pushing on. For me every loss is a personal celebration for me because it shows I am doing what I need to be doing to become healthier. Everyone here is simply amazing people and I hope you all are doing well. :)
  • JamCanAndWill
    JamCanAndWill Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Bit late I know!

Name: Jam
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (1st July): 169
    Goal Weight (1st August): 159

1st July: 169
    8th July: 166
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: 3lbs
    Weight lost/gained this month: 3lbs

Successes/struggles this week: I'm always ok in wk1 (goodness knows how many 'wk 1's' I've done!), this coming week will be my challenge, especially the weekend!

Looking forward to seeing all of your results this week!

Congratulations on completing Week 1! Take the success!!!!! Each day, remember to be good to yourself. This is about seeing all of the wonderful things your body can do! Don't deprive yourself of the things you enjoy. That would steal your joy. Portion control mixed with exercise will get you through those times. I am chuckling to myself as I write this. I sound SO AMERICAN! Hahaha... I wish you the very best this week Jam! I believe you can do it!!!

I love how American you sound! Far more inspirational than us English who can just about mumble 'good job' :D
  • nbee8476
    nbee8476 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Louise

Start Weight (1st July): 167
    Goal Weight (1st August): 157

1st July:167
    8th July:
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week:

Successes/struggles this week:

• Roasties1234
    Roasties1234 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just checking in......I'm confused I put on .5lb this week - how?! I've used less cals than burnt I've been honest on Mfp if at all I have been over! Body fat stayed same too....
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Name: Tiffany
    Height: 5' 9"

Start Weight (1st July): 298
    Goal Weight (1st August): 288

6th July: 298.4
    13th July:300.4
    15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight gained this week: 2lbs

Successes/struggles this week: I was a little disappointed to see this this morning, but I have just come home from camping for 4 days and it has been hot!!! Usually pretty swollen for a few days after. I will try Wednesday and see how it is then.
  • LuluforFitness
    Options
    Just checking in......I'm confused I put on .5lb this week - how?! I've used less cals than burnt I've been honest on Mfp if at all I have been over! Body fat stayed same too....

You are doing all of right things. I am certain if you stick with it, you will be pleasantly surprised next week! Our bodies don't always lose weight on our schedule. Be patient with yourself. You are doing great things!!!

• LuluforFitness
    Options

15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Successes/struggles this week: I was a little disappointed to see this this morning, but I have just come home from camping for 4 days and it has been hot!!! Usually pretty swollen for a few days after. I will try Wednesday and see how it is then.

15th July:
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Be proud that you are being mindful of your health. I want this challenge to be about caring for ourselves and being kind to ourselves. We will have ups and downs but if we are committed to our wellbeing, we WILL find success. I am sending positive thoughts your way!!! Have a good week!

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    AlphaLung wrote: »
    I'm ok with current weight but have a goal of working out 6 days per week for next 30 days

Go AlphaLung!!!

• LuluforFitness
    Options
    Name: Louise

Start Weight (1st July): 167
    Goal Weight (1st August): 157

1st July:167
    8th July:163.6
    15th July: 161.8
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week:
    Weight lost/gained this month: 6

Successes/struggles this week: Not checking the scale every day.