Finally under 450lbs!

Options

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Frayde wrote: »
    I am so impressed by you, your dedication and your life changes. The first changes I made were to stop drinking soda and to start parking the car in the FARTHEST spot from the entrance of a store instead of the closest. You need to stay dedicated so that you will be present not just to kick a ball around with your kids, but so you will see them graduate from high school, maybe college, and someday...see them have babies of their own. They need you to be there for them. And those are glorious things worth being there for. Keep up the awesome, incredible, brave work you've been doing!

Parking at the furthest spot is a great idea. My kids would be like "what the heck?" But it would be good for them too:)
  • rockingrammy
    rockingrammy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    suger723 wrote: »
    I'm know I'm still HUGE. it this is my first success marker. At my heaviest I was over 500 pounds. I never knew exactly how much because the scale wouldn't weigh me. March of last year was a turning point in my life. I gave birth via C-section to my 3rd child. And finally I realized that I am a awful mother. I can't think of anything in the world more important to me than my kids. But I'm robbing them of a mom. I can't play with them at the park or go on bike rides. I can't chase them back and forth as they kick the soccer ball around. I have always Just sat on the sidelines. And that's not the kind of mom I want to be. As of may 2014 I stopped drink soda. That was my first baby step and it helped me loose enough weight so that in March of this year I was able to weight myself for the first time in years. I weighed in at 498lbs right before my sons first birthday. It was a huge progress for me. I am Now as of this morning down to 448! My first REAL 50 LBS only because I can now see the scale moving!
    bibimazoon wrote: »
    Congratulations! You got this! I have to keep telling myself Slow and steady FTW!

• suger723
    suger723 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TinaBaily wrote: »
    Congratulations, suger!! You have made a commitment to yourself and your children and are making huge progress, no pun intended. I am very impressed that by cutting soda alone you managed to drop a lot of weight. Now I see that you are logging your food and eating mindfully. What a great example you are setting for your growing children!

Have you begun anything for exercise? I realize that at your current weight it may not be much, but a walk up and down your street with your little one in a stroller 2 or 3 times a day? Progress from there to up the street, around the corner to the next one, then back, and so on and so forth. If you keep pushing yourself to do more, and continue eating as well as you mentioned, you will be able to chase after your kids the way you dream about doing, and it will happen sooner than you think, I bet. Keep watching your macros as you are, try getting in some exercise daily, and it will happen for you! Thank you for being brave enough to share with us.

Yes hun I work full time at a scrap yard so I'm always walking somewhere. And I'm in the stores grabbing fresh veggies and fruit almost daily after work. After dinner I swim for at least 15-20 mins laps in our pool then I stay in there rough housing and
    TinaBaily wrote: »
    Congratulations, suger!! You have made a commitment to yourself and your children and are making huge progress, no pun intended. I am very impressed that by cutting soda alone you managed to drop a lot of weight. Now I see that you are logging your food and eating mindfully. What a great example you are setting for your growing children!

Have you begun anything for exercise? I realize that at your current weight it may not be much, but a walk up and down your street with your little one in a stroller 2 or 3 times a day? Progress from there to up the street, around the corner to the next one, then back, and so on and so forth. If you keep pushing yourself to do more, and continue eating as well as you mentioned, you will be able to chase after your kids the way you dream about doing, and it will happen sooner than you think, I bet. Keep watching your macros as you are, try getting in some exercise daily, and it will happen for you! Thank you for being brave enough to share with us.

I work full-time at a scrap yard so I am always walking some where. After work I make stops almost daily to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables. After dinner I swim laps for 15-30mins then I play with my kids in the pool for a hour a do more. South Carolina is hot these days so on days off I spend most of my day in the pool. I try to keeps moving around not just floating
  • rockingrammy
    rockingrammy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's awesome girl! Baby steps are always a good beginning. U inspire me so much which I to have my own journry! Keep up the good work
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hitting your first milestone and seeing your progress is definitely uplifting for you, I can imagine! WOOT!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • renighorn
    renighorn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome job! Every baby step in the right direction is a victory. I'm so happy for you.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Way to go! GREAT PROGRESS!!!
  • cll_survivor2014
    cll_survivor2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • cocnuts
    cocnuts Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You have a great mindset, so I'm sure you'll steadily keep losing weight and that will allow you to share more quality time with your family. Superb!
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and an inspiration! Great job!
  • alizon62
    alizon62 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    what a great achievement, every step taken is in the right direction , small steps can still take you a long way, good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You are doing the most important thing you'll ever do and that is "taking control of your future health" ....Congrats, don't give up, hard days come and go but you're making great progress.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ive never weighed close to that and I struggled. You are truly brave and inspiring
  • kathy9083
    kathy9083 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's amazing that you lost that much weight! You're doing a great job. :)
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    YES! Awesome!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Even more admirable than your results is your perspective. Keep at it and enjoy the interim milestones like this.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. I find that little changes overtime add up and contribute to big changes in weight. There is a lady at youtube who was once almost 500 lbs and she is now down to about 240. She lost the weight by counting calories and with exercise. She is inspiring with a great attitude. Her channel is called Kimonica.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start and you have the best mind set. I'm looking forward to reading more of your success story. :)
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You. GO. Girl! I can't wait to see your updated story down the line. You can do this. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!