Who Is Trying To Lose Weight Just By Counting Calories Alone? And Why?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I can't believe I have a reason to post this...I'm so excited...
    311ab87178f17d227f8d63e2d60e49a087ab88293a3dede983a0e04acef83316.jpg

This whole post was worth reading just for this meme B)

Indeed, were I at this late point to cheapen this image by posting a meme involving Michael Jackson eating popcorn, (however well deserved) I would feel as ashamed and lazy as a non-exerciser.
  • Muzzoozal
    Muzzoozal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    it's hard to believe you give a crap when you're rude about it - there are many reasons not to exercise but you lack any hint of wanting to help - just a way to make yourself feel superior - take care of yourself and research the word empathy
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    You never answered my question about being in the military.

were you?

I think not.

Wrong again.

I think you read things on the internet, and act like you know them from experience.

And there's that well-ingrained humility again...

where were you stationed?

what is your MOS?

Where did you do basic and AIT?

Oh FFS. :smiley:

Benning for basic and AIT, and after that, jump school, and after that, Fort Lewis. You should be able to figure out the rest from there.

And what does any of this have to do with the thread topic?

attachment.php?attachmentid=145004&d=1393262482

Somehow I don't believe you.

What the heck does his having been in the military or not have to do with the fact that most of psychology and neuroscience now shows that shame does not work, it only causes people to hide habits, rather than change them to meet conformity, and you are utterly wrong about it?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    This thread is soooo MFP that I want to kick another thread in the chest and into a pit while yelling "THIS... IS... MFP!"
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If a person maintains a good fitness level, then it would never get to the kitchen, so what came first, the chicken or the egg.

An Ironman completion is estimated to burn between 8,000 and 10,000 calories and there is no way that a person could maintain that level on a daily basis.

There is a woman whose goal is to be the heaviest person in the world. She eats between 25,000 and 30,000 calories on a daily basis.

Nope, can't outrun a bad diet.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    rhngmapm4wvs.jpg

Okay, I'm ready!

I am in for the moment someone realises their metabolism can slow down by75 or 100 calories a day and overeat by a hardboiled egg, an orange or an apple and gain10 pounds in a year :/
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @bcalvanese just curious if this health kick and exercise Is a relatively new thing for you.

You're coming across as one of those zealots who have just discovered a new way of eating, exercise or whatever and want to push it onto everyone else..
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »

I can't believe I have a reason to post this...I'm so excited...
    311ab87178f17d227f8d63e2d60e49a087ab88293a3dede983a0e04acef83316.jpg

This whole post was worth reading just for this meme B)

Indeed, were I at this late point to cheapen this image by posting a meme involving Michael Jackson eating popcorn, (however well deserved) I would feel as ashamed and lazy as a non-exerciser.

You could always pull out the one of Jason Momoa unfolding a chair.

And you don't need to feel lazy. Just float in the water that is OP's drowning thread topic.

In the end, some people will lose weight without exercising. That's their choice, their doctors, physiotherapists, nutritionists, significant other's, etc., choice. Does OP have the right to an opinion? Yes. Does it mean that he has the right to slam people over their choices the way he has in his posts (even if he doesn't see it that way in his replies)? Aw hell no.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wondering what the B word is.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wondering what the B word is.

Biiiaaatch :tongue:

• Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You don't need to exercise to maintain a lean bodyweight. I have a herniated disc and a shoulder injury, so I haven't trained in two years. My body fat is actually lower now just because I pay more attention to what I eat, before that I would workout two hours a day and stuff my face with whatever.

• cazikiz
    cazikiz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Diet is the only thing that allows weightloss, exercise is just a bonus.
    I see plenty of people who exercise loads and fill their bodies with crap, but I'm not barking about it on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.