Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Caught up from the weekend and here are some random thoughts. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Has anyone heard from the piano playing name lady, the girl that lost a bunch of weight and then was struggling with anorexia, Marissafit or something like that, or Overlook?

Nope, haven't heard from any of them lately. :-/ The girl that was struggling with anorexia was @krissyreminisce, I believe, but I'm not entirely sure. I hope they're all doing well.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

You are cracking me up! Sorry to laugh at the unfortunate landing spot of your peanut butter! It is a weird word!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Really not sure I’ll be able to keep up over the next few weeks, which makes me a little sad. Even though I tell people to just jump back in; I’ll feel like I missed something.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad--I hope he recovers well. Have fun on your Girl's Weekend! :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    So, family pizza party today. I was ready for it. I can eat one slice of pizza. I can drink water. There is usually lots of fruit for the kids - I can have some instead of desert.

SURPRISE!

It was a surprise party for my birthday and all hope of staying within my calories went out the window.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you were able to enjoy and have fun without stressing out about calories too much.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I dropped a big blob of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

Me neither, for some reason. It skeeves me out somehow. Peanut butter blobs are IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of without laundering! It's like the peanut butter molecules decide to fuse with your clothing or something...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

Sorry you're feeling bad, @FroggyBug

I'm out of sorts today. My daughter called while I was getting ready for work. She was crying so hard I could barely understand what she was saying. I so wish she didn't live 200+ miles away right now, it's killing me.
    Is the medication not working? Were you able to help her get calmed down? What was she upset about?

The one medication probably just needs some more time to get in her system. The Klonopin, she took it this morning at work. Apparently, she was dozing off at work and her supervisor told her she should maybe just go home. She didn't want to go home. So, the panic attack / crying fit was about she doesn't feel like anybody likes her, she doesn't have any friends there, oh and her ex-dude also works there so she has to see him every day too.

The long term medications take up to three months to become fully effective. In the first month, anxiety can increase dramatically and horrifically, but if she can stick it out then it will get better. She may be experiencing that side effect right now, hence the panic attack. Hope it gets better for her soon. <3

I hope that's the case... I told her she has to keep taking it and stick it out for a few more weeks before they'll know if she needs to try something else.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

Sorry you're feeling bad, @FroggyBug

I'm out of sorts today. My daughter called while I was getting ready for work. She was crying so hard I could barely understand what she was saying. I so wish she didn't live 200+ miles away right now, it's killing me.
    Is the medication not working? Were you able to help her get calmed down? What was she upset about?

The one medication probably just needs some more time to get in her system. The Klonopin, she took it this morning at work. Apparently, she was dozing off at work and her supervisor told her she should maybe just go home. She didn't want to go home. So, the panic attack / crying fit was about she doesn't feel like anybody likes her, she doesn't have any friends there, oh and her ex-dude also works there so she has to see him every day too.

The long term medications take up to three months to become fully effective. In the first month, anxiety can increase dramatically and horrifically, but if she can stick it out then it will get better. She may be experiencing that side effect right now, hence the panic attack. Hope it gets better for her soon. <3

I hope that's the case... I told her she has to keep taking it and stick it out for a few more weeks before they'll know if she needs to try something else.

It usually gets better around the five week mark. :) I know someone who has been on anti-anxiety medication long-term, and the first few weeks were a nightmare for them to get through. The second month is better, but the full effect is reached around the three month mark. Tell her to try to stay strong, and it will get better. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

My heart sank when I read this (seriously I felt so anxious and my heart felt like it dropped into my stomach). I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad right now. :(
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I feel like a jerk posting my happy update after orangesmartie’s post but this morning was a very happy day :)

I finally hit goal! I’ve lost 40 lbs (which is embarrassing to say, admitting I had that much to lose) and that feels amazing. I’m actually slightly below my weight before DS#1.

I’m still not happy with the way I look, and I think my next goal is to lose another 5-8 lb. I’m 5’4.5 and 133.5 as of this morning, and I think I would like to maintain around 125-128. I’m not sure yet, because my body changed a lot after DS#2. My hips were a lot smaller- I have a closet full of 4s and Small shirts that used to fit me at 135. Now some of the Smalls fit and I’m in a 6. My 4s are still too tight. I know myself and I’ll keep setting my goals lower and lower so I’m not “officially in maintenance” (which scares me, tbh).

DH told me to stop overthinking it, take today “off” dieting and just celebrate reaching goal. I got a Starbucks iced coffee this morning; does that count as celebrating? ;)

Don't be embarrassed, be proud. Congrats!
    I would count Starbucks as celebrating. It's something I would get myself. :) Enjoy it!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This is a three day work week for me! I have a Girl’s Weekend with my girlfriends in Lexington, Kentucky! Woohoo! It is the middle of our three locations, and we did this two years ago. Really excited! Anyone live in/near the area and have suggestions on restaurants or things to do?

Then next Friday I leave to go to Illinois for eight days to visit my family, which won’t be as fun as the Girl’s Weekend. I haven’t mentioned this on here yet, but my dad was in a really bad car accident back in late May. He was traveling for work in Pennsylvania. He was in a hospital there for a week and then was transported back to Illinois and was in rehab for a week. He was able to go home even though he was still in quite a bit of pain. He started having really bad back pain, where he couldn’t walk, so he went to the ER. He was admitted to the hospital and they did surgery on his back. A week later they were getting ready to discharge him to rehab again and discovered that the incision was infected, so another surgery was done. He is currently still in rehab and physical therapy seems to be getting better, not great but better. He is scheduled to be discharged from rehab on Thursday, but that may change. I am going up there to hopefully help in any way that I can. He and my stepmom (who doesn’t drive) live with my grandmother (93), who can’t be left alone anymore. My aunt has been driving my stepmom back and forth to the hospital while a caregiver stays with my grandmother during the day. My one brother, who still lives in the area, is not helpful. The whole situation is not good and I really wish I lived closer so I could help. The hubby and kiddos are going on the trip too so please pray for me!

Really not sure I’ll be able to keep up over the next few weeks, which makes me a little sad. Even though I tell people to just jump back in; I’ll feel like I missed something.

I'm sure your dad will be so happy to see you! Have a good trip...don't worry too much about catching up...we'll fill you in on the big things you miss!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    NSV-ish: I've made a decision. I'd set my goal at 115 (remember that I'm under 5'2"!), because that was my "normal" weight when I started college, but looking through pictures back then, I feel like I was just too thin. Not that I was ill-looking or anything like that, but it's not how I prefer to look. So, I've upped my goal weight by 10lbs to 125 and then plan to focus on recomping, rather than weight loss.

I'm 11lbs from a normal BMI, then 10 more to my new goal. This feels much more acheivable, and like a way better long-term goal. Yay! :)

Also, I've decided to force myself into making time for the gym despite homework. That should actually help me focus better when I'm doing the homework since I'll have less slacking off time.

Awesome. That's a good goal. :)

I hate the BMI thing. When I was at my thinnest (145) I thought I looked too skinny and that was just below what is considered normal for me. . I honestly am not going to try for normal. I want to look okay and feel good.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I feel like a jerk posting my happy update after orangesmartie’s post but this morning was a very happy day :)

I finally hit goal! I’ve lost 40 lbs (which is embarrassing to say, admitting I had that much to lose) and that feels amazing. I’m actually slightly below my weight before DS#1.

I’m still not happy with the way I look, and I think my next goal is to lose another 5-8 lb. I’m 5’4.5 and 133.5 as of this morning, and I think I would like to maintain around 125-128. I’m not sure yet, because my body changed a lot after DS#2. My hips were a lot smaller- I have a closet full of 4s and Small shirts that used to fit me at 135. Now some of the Smalls fit and I’m in a 6. My 4s are still too tight. I know myself and I’ll keep setting my goals lower and lower so I’m not “officially in maintenance” (which scares me, tbh).

DH told me to stop overthinking it, take today “off” dieting and just celebrate reaching goal. I got a Starbucks iced coffee this morning; does that count as celebrating? ;)

Congratulations!! Stop and celebrate. And may I advise you don't set lower and lower goals, set new and different ones. Find an exercise program to help you recomp to the look/size you want. I love maintenance. I enjoy knowing that I can eat and that I am still improving my health without losing pounds. Four kids later, I know my hips will never be my pre-baby size again. I'm cool with that. The girl in my profile pic makes me a proud mama almost daily and so do her brothers. (She's setting a PR for 5 miles in the pic) and they are worth 2 inches in hip size.

This is very good advice, and I'm debating just switching to re-comping. I also think I may possibly need to let go of the insane urge I have to be back into my pre-children size. They are absolutely worth going up 1 measly size (at my very thinnest I was a 2, but it was for like 3 months and I was miserable so I count my "normal" size 4) and nothing says I wouldn't get back down close to it if I lift hard.

The insane part of my brain says, "Thin, get as thin as you can", the other part says, "Stop dieting and being crabby and just exercise and eat. Learn to love a size 6 and let it go". I'm married with 2 kids, a dog, a house, back in grad school in the Fall...maybe just accepting a bigger size is worth much more mental well-being than dieting and being crabby?

I am going to recomp...hence the starting lifting! I am at a really healthy weight, 134 pounds and a size 4 at 5'7", but I still have body fat. I am going to play around with calories...everything I've read/researched says to eat at maintenance. Hoping to lose fat and gain muscle.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

*hugs*upon*hugs* to you miss, so sorry it went this way. :(
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

You are cracking me up! Sorry to laugh at the unfortunate landing spot of your peanut butter! It is a weird word!

It really is an unfortunate spot lol :lol:
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

How are you?

((HUGS)) to you froggy, I'm glad you're here interacting with us, I know things are tough but it will get better- time heals all (I hated when people said that to me after I broke off my engagement when found out trashbag ex was cheating buuuut unfortunately it's true- time really does heal all)

Thank you. I was cleaning this weekend and found an old birthday card from him that said he was so lucky to have me and he wanted to be by my side forever etc. It just got to me really bad. We haven't decided anything for sure yet but I still haven't heard a thing from him since last Sunday (the 5th). I just want him to wake up...I love him and want to work it out but I can't do this alone obviously. I want the old him back.

Please everyone, don't judge me for this. It's been hard and I'm so torn. I don't know what I want right now.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    This is a three day work week for me! I have a Girl’s Weekend with my girlfriends in Lexington, TN! Woohoo! It is the middle of our three locations, and we did this two years ago. Really excited! Anyone live in/near the area and have suggestions on restaurants or things to do?

Then next Friday I leave to go to Illinois for eight days to visit my family, which won’t be as fun as the Girl’s Weekend. I haven’t mentioned this on here yet, but my dad was in a really bad car accident back in late May. He was traveling for work in Pennsylvania. He was in a hospital there for a week and then was transported back to Illinois and was in rehab for a week. He was able to go home even though he was still in quite a bit of pain. He started having really bad back pain, where he couldn’t walk, so he went to the ER. He was admitted to the hospital and they did surgery on his back. A week later they were getting ready to discharge him to rehab again and discovered that the incision was infected, so another surgery was done. He is currently still in rehab and physical therapy seems to be getting better, not great but better. He is scheduled to be discharged from rehab on Thursday, but that may change. I am going up there to hopefully help in any way that I can. He and my stepmom (who doesn’t drive) live with my grandmother (93), who can’t be left alone anymore. My aunt has been driving my stepmom back and forth to the hospital while a caregiver stays with my grandmother during the day. My one brother, who still lives in the area, is not helpful. The whole situation is not good and I really wish I lived closer so I could help. The hubby and kiddos are going on the trip too so please pray for me!

I keep up with this thread as best I can for the most part every day and I STILL miss things- don't worry it's just going to happen as we have such a large group of friends here! DO NOT leave I will stalk you until you come back :)

ETA: Was totally being selfish and thinking about not having you in the thread I forgot to say I hope you have a great time on your girls trip that sounds awesome!!

I will stalk you too! Come back! :) Also, enjoy girl's weekend and the visit with your family. Sorry about your dad's accident/surgery/tough recovery. I'm sure he'll love to see you!
    @ShibaEars, sorry. I had to laugh about the pb on the pants! And I don't like the word crotch either.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    So I have to just jump back in - no way I can catch-up and still do work. Just looking at this last page, it looks like a missed a bunch of heartache this weekend. @orangesmartie and @FroggyBug I am so sorry you guys are hurting. Anyone else who needs hugs, consider them sent your way.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ughhh..I made some really poor choices at the store earlier. I only needed milk, coffee, and ice. I impulsively bought a large box of assorted donuts(marked down from bakery), cereal, peanut butter, and a tub of cool whip. I am embarrassed to say what I just had for lunch...but it's not going to be a green day! I did throw away the remainder of the donuts...so that's good. Another walk on the agenda...but it's SOO hot out today....was almost 90 when we walked at 9:00am :(

Applause for throwing out the donuts!!!

Trips to the store like that make me glad I have teenage boys. I bought 4 gallons of milk and three boxes of cereal last week. I have part of a box of cereal left, I think.

Peanut butter is my downfall. I have my own jar, which is clearly labeled: Mom: be aware she double dips. I can go a week or more without touching it, but it's really hard to stop when I give in.

What does "double dips" mean? In the context, I'm guessing it means that you eat from the spoon and then dip the spitty spoon back in again? ;)

Yup.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I have not come on this thread for a few days because I felt like the posts I made about my issue with my SO and my issues with struggling to WANT to lose weight were not well received and I felt embarrassed and wished I had not written about those things. Over time I started to feel too comfortable and speaking too freely I guess.

Late last night before bed I noticed I had notifications and checked them which brought me to a few posts here and I saw @Susieq_1994 saying I was avoiding you guys, and I just wanted to make it clear that it was my own issues and not you guys as to why I was not posting here.

I was still posting in the fitbit and Big Brother thread because they felt safe, like single topic threads. Also, as you guys have seen, I am not afraid of confrontation, so it is not like I need everyone to agree with me or anything, about anything, I am not sure why I reacted so strongly, maybe because they were on top of each other, not sure, no idea really, but it affected me for some reason.

In short, I decided that I did not want to become that annoying poster that everyone rolls their eyes at, lol, so I stuck with single topic things, like fitbit and goodreads, status etc. I have not avoided anyone in particular, or felt upset with anyone other than myself.

Ack -- I'm still back on pg 1229 (22 more to go....) but I wanted to respond to your post specifically. And I don't know if you are back to posting regularly on this thread or not, but I'm asking you not to abandon us :)

One of the things that creates that feeling of comfort and familiarity with one another is reading those soul-baring confessions so I, for one, greatly appreciate reading them. Most of us can at least relate to aspects of the confessions of others, if not in their entirety.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ughhh..I made some really poor choices at the store earlier. I only needed milk, coffee, and ice. I impulsively bought a large box of assorted donuts(marked down from bakery), cereal, peanut butter, and a tub of cool whip. I am embarrassed to say what I just had for lunch...but it's not going to be a green day! I did throw away the remainder of the donuts...so that's good. Another walk on the agenda...but it's SOO hot out today....was almost 90 when we walked at 9:00am :(

Applause for throwing out the donuts!!!

Trips to the store like that make me glad I have teenage boys. I bought 4 gallons of milk and three boxes of cereal last week. I have part of a box of cereal left, I think.

Peanut butter is my downfall. I have my own jar, which is clearly labeled: Mom: be aware she double dips. I can go a week or more without touching it, but it's really hard to stop when I give in.

What does "double dips" mean? In the context, I'm guessing it means that you eat from the spoon and then dip the spitty spoon back in again? ;)

Yes, that's it. And I only do it with the peanut butter. I have celiac disease so I can't have them using my peanut butter and getting bread crumbs in it. If they know I eat out of the jar and double dip, they won't use it. LOL!