• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    itsmethao wrote: »
    wriri7x wrote: »
    Maintenance since September has been pretty good! Not a lot of difference in pictures here but I've noticed less muffin top, less saddle bags, more defined back, abs area is a bit harder (but still fat over it) and butt is juicier - unghf!

If anyone's got tips / good information on body recomp, please message / add me, and let's talk more. <3

Omg? What did you do?

Hi there! I've mainly been doing weights 3 - 4 times a week. I try to sneak in a cardio session in there somewhere. I don't think I'm progressing fast enough, but at least there's progress I guess.

I'd love to get your progress! What kind of weights did you do? I just don't know where to start.

@itsmethao I do big compound movements: squats, deadlifts, flat bench presses, overhead presses and rows - followed by smaller, isolation work. My training days are a split of Upper Body A, Lower Body A, Upper Body B and Lower Body B. The barbell has essentially become my best friend. :)

I love that you are doing this with barbells, dumbbells ect.... it just shows me you do not need big fancy equipment to get the body you want. You just need determination. You are an inspiration!!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!! You are all so amazing!!!! I can't wait to add my before & after pictures on here! I'm 22lbs down with at least the same again to go (maybe more, I'll see when I get there!).... I'm so glad I did 'before' photos at my highest weight (brutal underwear shots - front, side, back) so that I can see the difference when I get to goal. Keep it up everyone!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    0a781f16b5321e31004c32716af7412caec9.jpg

Just at 50 pounds lost so far! I am 5'3 3/4"
  • nalinisooknanan
    nalinisooknanan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and started exercising from November 2014, went from 64 kg down to 56kg (current ). Not sure how to attach pics. ...
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Maintenance since September has been pretty good! Not a lot of difference in pictures here but I've noticed less muffin top, less saddle bags, more defined back, abs area is a bit harder (but still fat over it) and butt is juicier - unghf!

If anyone's got tips / good information on body recomp, please message / add me, and let's talk more. <3

Omg? What did you do?

Hi there! I've mainly been doing weights 3 - 4 times a week. I try to sneak in a cardio session in there somewhere. I don't think I'm progressing fast enough, but at least there's progress I guess.

I'd love to get your progress! What kind of weights did you do? I just don't know where to start.

@itsmethao I do big compound movements: squats, deadlifts, flat bench presses, overhead presses and rows - followed by smaller, isolation work. My training days are a split of Upper Body A, Lower Body A, Upper Body B and Lower Body B. The barbell has essentially become my best friend. :)

I love that you are doing this with barbells, dumbbells ect.... it just shows me you do not need big fancy equipment to get the body you want. You just need determination. You are an inspiration!!

Aw, thank you! <3 The area in my gym with big fancy equipment is packed with men and testosterone. So I just kind of shy away and stick to my own barbell / dumbbells corner.

But I still do wander into the machines area sometimes because of necessity. Lat pull-downs, cable rows, etc. - really depends on what muscle groups I want to target that day. :)
  • Seeyoubabyweight
    Seeyoubabyweight Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I'm just short of 5'4 a working mom of three. I think I'm ready to share, to say I'm in the success story range :) I am not sure I'm done, but I am happy and confident where I am now, anything else is just a little bonus of toning muscle as I maintain. I hope I post the photos right.

I wasn't great at before/after photos I never believed I'd get there so didn't start until halfway through. The first are from my family trip to Disney in August 2014. It was coming home and seeing these photos that left me feeling crappy...yet it wasn't until January of 2015 when my hubby and I booked a honeymoon to Mexico for July that I finally started working on it.

For food I just used My Fitness Pal and healthy choices, I discovered FitnessBlender in March and added exercise 5days/week to beat the plateau and start changing.

In all I lost 25lbs off the scale, went from a size 10 to a size 0 and gained the confidence to actually wear a bikini....out in public!

y2znkr7dljma.jpg
    i4iojrd2pxbn.jpg

Sorry I can't get my official before/after pics to load without being massive.

• kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'5, joined MFP July 2013 after this first picture was taken during a family vacation to Jogi Bear State Park.

Before @ 178 (The picture that started it all)

PictureTRUCK965.jpg

After @ 105 (Taken on family vacation this past February)

ScannedImage003_zpsfa04db9e.jpeg

**Sorry about pictures being so big.

You look great!!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    alli4god wrote: »
    mamadon wrote: »
    Starting weight 268, back in January 2013. Current weight, 147. It took my about 15 months and I am 52 years old.
    2014. vo9offwk7vqe.jpg

Awesome job!!!
    You look amazing!! Great job!
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Great job
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You ladies rock!
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Today is my 100th day logging into MFP.... Thanks for the inspiration ladies..... :*
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Omg? What did you do?

For the record, your butt is amazing!! Very lifted and shapely. Are you maintaining or trying to get more muscle? You say you aren't progressing but my mind is like :O!! that you aren't at goal yet. You have done amazing work.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Thread <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!