1st July: 138 lbs
    8th July: 134 lbs
    15th July: 130 lbs
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight loss/gained this week: -4
    Weight lost/gained this month: -8

Successes/struggles this week: lost weight this week due to careful eating. but havent worked out in a while. was doing ripped in 30 but left it due to laziness. need to start again to be fit by september.
  • littleowlski
    littleowlski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Height: 5' 7

Start Weight (1st July): 13.7
    Goal Weight (1st August):13.0

1st July: 13.7
    8th July: 13.5
    15th July: 13.4
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: - 1lbs
    Weight lost/gained this month: - 3lbs
    Successes/struggles this week: I'm just relieved that I've lost a pound! Eaten far too much and drank too much alcohol over the weekend. So this week I'm determined to log in every day and make sure I stay within my calories.
  • breezyAandii
    breezyAandii Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Name: Andi
    Height: 167cm

Start Weight (1st July): 56.4 kg
    Goal Weight (1st August): 55.5 kg

1st July: 56.4 kg
    8th July: 55.9 kg
    15th July: 55.2 kg
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

08/07:
    Weight lost/gained this week: -0.5 kg
    Weight lost/gained this month: - 0.5 kg

Successes/struggles this week: No struggles this week :) Except maybe getting to the gym. I had such a busy week that the only time I could fit in a gym session was on Monday after work. Will try harder to make it to the gym

15/07:

Weight lost/gained this week: -0.7 kg
    Weight lost/gained this month: -1.2 kg

Successes/struggles this week: Woah, I've reached my goal! Wow that was easier than expected! But I will still keep doing the challenge because with TOM approaching, I know I will pick up a bit so we'll see where we are on the 1st of August. I did manage to fit in an extra session in the gym. Did this class called Piloxing, which was amazing!!! It was really tough but it gave me exactly what I needed, a fully body workout
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    July 2015 Weight Loss Challenge

Name: Terri
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (1st June): 179 lbs
    Goal Weight (1st June): 176 lbs

1st July : 179
    8th July : 178
    15th July : 177
    22nd June:
    31st July :

Week 2
    Weight lost/gained this week: -1
    Weight lost/gained this month: -2

Successes: Upped my activity since last week because of Game of Thrones. I was MVP for House Baratheon for Week 1 and have already completed my Cardio/Strength/Flexibility targets for Week 2.
    Struggles: Completing some of the Strength/Flexibility exercises, (press ups, planks, etc) was difficult. I had to do them in short bursts and my muscles were screaming afterwards. I surprised myself at just how much I did in the end.

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, July Challengers!
    I'm delighted to see your mid-month progress reports coming in.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I would love to ask a tiny gift from each of you: Please, if you would, take a moment to share something special from your journey so far - Your best tip, something that surprised you, your happiest moment to date...

You all are so inspiring!
    E.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Happiest moment: Broke a 12-min mile on my 4.5 mile run. This isn't anything exciting to most people, and I had to run intervals to do it, but because I can't run continuously, I never imagined that I could make a mile that fast again or that I could go so far.

To put it in perspective, though I trained EXTREMELY HARD, I never ran more than 3.5 miles at a go in my life before, even on the track and cross country teams. My genetic muscle disorder gives me a horribly low lactate threshold. Training te traditional way was like repeatedly running into a wall.

BUT then instead of focusing on what I can't do, I started with what I CAN. And I've raised the threshold so I can jog for 30 seconds straight in intervals, whereas before, I could only manage 20. And I think I can go farther than that now!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    a very happy birthday to you! something special, hmmm, for me it is that I haven't given up this time! I struggle but I am still here and determined to get to where I want to be. That makes me very happy and I am very surprised about it at the same time. No tips as I am still trying out what works for me. Have a fantastic day and thanks so much for putting up these challenges! They really keep me going!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Name: buxbert
    Height: 167 cm

Start Weight (1st July):83.5 kg
    Goal Weight (1st August): 80.5 kg

my birthday is 16th of August, by then I want to weigh below 80 kg. If it happens before that day, fine with me!

1st July: 83.5
    6th July: 83.2
    15th July:82.9
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: lost .3
    Weight lost/gained this month: lost .6

Start: Successes/struggles this week: I really liked the June Challenge as it made the overall tendency more visible. Early May was when I started here on MFP and there is some progress. I am very happy about it! I weigh myself daily but obviously there are fluctuations, so with the weigh-ins here it is easier to notice a general direction. Was hoping to start July with half a kg less, well, no. Still, I start July with 3 kg less than June, so HURRAYH!

Week 1: No exercise this week, I have been ill and it is really hot so I feel rather weak. Weather changing now and a cold can only last so long so I hope for a change next week. Also a bit of a motivational low as I am exhausted and tired in general so I am giving in to stupid snacks a bit too often.

Week 2: went to gym a couple of times and that was great. last weekend was bad though, party - food, drinks... and the day after with lots of carbs and pizza. had planned swimming yesterday and couldn't go because of dentist emergency. frustrating as I miss my regular swim classes a lot! on the bright side: there is a tiny loss and I am healthy again. I feel my motivation is back and so I am usually less in danger to make stupid choices. 4 day visit to my parents coming up - might be tricky but I feel strong enough not to fall into old traps.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Name: Dave
    Height: 6'6.5"

Start Weight(1st July): 220
    Goal Weight(1st August): 218

1st July: 220
    8th July: 218
    12th July: 215
    15th July: 217
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight loss/gained this week: +2
    Weight lost/gained this month: -3

Successes/struggles this week: First weight gain since I started losing weight with MFP in January. I hit my goal weight for the year and I need to just maintain my weight loss.

• SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Name: Serene
    Height: 5'2

Start Weight (1st July): 235.2 lbs
    Goal Weight (1st August): 224 lbs

1st July: 235.2 lbs
    8th July: 231.8 lbs
    15th July: 230.6 lbs
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: - 1.2 lbs
    Weight lost/gained this month: - 4.6 lbs

Successes/struggles this week:
    Successes: Didn't throw in the towel when I went on a bit of a weekend splurge.

Struggles: Still not working out at home.
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'1"

Start Weight (1st July): 171.6
    Goal Weight (1st August): 162

1st July: 171.6
    8th July: 170.2
    15th July: 167.8
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: -2.4
    Weight lost/gained this month: 3.8

WEEK ONE: Had a good week. Have been struggling to workout after working ten hours a day. Have to work thru that. Waking up early is not an option considering I'm already up at 4 AM for work.

WEEK TWO: Bought a Fitbit and allowed it to track my calories. Had a good week this week. Didn't splurge too much. Keep telling myself to buckle down but it's hard. Chocolate is my downfall. I keep craving it but don't want to. Gotta figure that one out.

Goals met:
    1.) I can wear my wedding band again!
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Name: Jo
    Height: 171 cm

Start Weight (1st July): 67.1 kg
    Goal Weight (1st August): 63 kg

1st July: 67.1
    8th July: 67.4
    15th July: 67.9
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: + 0.5
    Weight lost/gained this month: + 0.8

Successes/struggles this week: Quite disappointed with this as both food and exercise has been better this last week than in a long while - there was only one day with an impromptu BBQ that was seriously bad in terms of calorie balance. The gain could be at least partly hormonal though, so I guess I’ll have to persevere and see how it looks next week!
  • cassidyamymommy
    cassidyamymommy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    name: karen
    height: 5'4"

start weight: 277
    goal weight: 269

1st July: 277.0
    8th July: 274.2
    15th July:274.6
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: + 0.4
    Weight lost/gained this month:- 2.4

Successes/struggles this week: birthday was on July 10th and never fully recovered from that yet. starting fresh today. i am actually suprised that i did not gain more then i did. hoping i can reach my goal weight for august 1st. I decided to lower it because i think it was a little too much.
  • julielittle51
    julielittle51 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Name: Julie
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (1st July): 251.8#
    Goal Weight (1st August): 245#

1st July: 251.8#
    8th July: 254.0#
    15th July: 252.6#
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st Aug:

Weight lost/gained this week: -1.4#
    Weight lost/gained this month: +0.8#

• bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    July 2015 Weight Loss Challenge

Name: Adele
    Height: 5'4"

Start Weight (1st July): 154.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (1st August):149 lbs

1st July: 154.4
    8th July : 153.6
    15th July : 155.8
    22nd June:
    29th July :
    1st August

Week 1
    Weight lost/gained this week: loss 0.8lb
    Weight lost/gained this month: loss 0.8lb

Even though I only lost 0.8lb its still a loss and that's always the right direction :smiley: Had 2 days where I was over a little bit (also its the time of the month)

Week 2
    Weight lost/gained this week: gain 2.2lb
    Weight lost/gained this month: gain 1.4lb

Didn't log properly this week just goes to show you have to be committed to make it work. I did keep up the 30 day squat challenge though.

Week 3
    Weight lost/gained this week:
    Weight lost/gained this month:

Week 4
    Weight lost/gained this week:
  • trillionblue
    trillionblue Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name: Aine
    Height:170cm

Start Weight (1st July):67.9kg
    Goal Weight (1st August):65kg (dream weight!)

1st July: 67.9kg
    8th July: 69.2kg
    15th July: 67.7kg
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: -1.5kg
    Weight lost/gained this month: -0.2kg

Successes/struggles this week: Phew, back on track. I haven't been completely good but I'm glad the sick/binge week before didn't put too much of my good work to shame. Just have to stick with it now. I don't think I'll be hitting that goal so will aim for just a 67kg now. Think I was a little too ambitious especially as I seem to be gaining muscle.
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Name: ClarityPeace
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (1st July): 143.4
    Goal Weight (1st August): 135

1st July: 143.4
    8th July: 140.2
    15th July: 139.2
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: -1

Successes/struggles this week: Workout some mornings tough; scale fluctuations confusing
  • drakespan
    drakespan Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Start Weight (1st July): 164
    Goal Weight (1st August): 160

1st July: 164
    8th July: 164
    15th July: 164
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: 0
    Weight lost/gained this month: 0

Successes/struggles this week: the weekends have been very difficult for me lately. I'm happy that I haven't gained though.
  • ileathms
    ileathms Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ]Name: Lana

Start Weight (1st July): 133.6
    Goal Weight (1st August): 128

1st July: 133.6
    8th July: 132.0
    15th July: 130.8
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight loss this week: -1.2
    Weight loss this month: -2.8

Success this week: still drinking coffee w/almond or coconut milk instead of dairy, limiting myself to 2 cups with cream and black coffee after that. Drinking hot water with lemon, which is better than it sounds. Starting to shift exercise focus to heavy weights.

Challenges: had 2 carb binges over the past week, lots of cake last night. I can't stop once I take one slice, and once I eat it, I just crave more and more. Not exercising enough because hubs is traveling. Hope to get back on track by the end of the week!

• sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Name: Nadia

Start Weight (1st July): 172lbs
    Goal Weight (1st August): 162lbs

1st July: 172lbs
    8th July: 169 lbs
    15th July:167 lbs
    22nd July:
    29th July:
    1st August:

Weight lost/gained this week: -2 lbs
    Weight lost/gained this month: -5 lbs

Successes/struggles this week: logging accurately. I tend to estimate the last 200-300 cal in my deficite every day and not log it in my diary. My goal is set to 2 lbs per week but I am ok with being anywhere below maintenance, wich means I usually have ~500 before the last snack. The struggle is to not become too confident, because otherwise this way seems to be working for me.