1100 cal 20carb diet need help any ideas???

Options

Replies

• psucato
    psucato Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I got a good list of foods but the issue i find is that i cant finger out the best way to make meals out of them i will post a list 2maro of all the foods she says is ok but the idea is anything that is not hige in carb. IE fish Chicken Turkey but i have talked to her and she says that its ok if i go over on fat if i try to keep the carbs low . Thanks for all the input everyone PS my DR is also looking for meal ideas
  • psucato
    Options
    Here is a list ok foods I know this will hurt your brains but Im trying to make this stuff into some meals.

Meats should be grilled boiled baked or poached never fried
    Fish Cod, Flounder, Haddock, Orage roughy, grouper, tilapia, mahi mahi, tuna, catfish, crab ,scallop shrimp, lobster, swordfish, trout halibut salmon mackerel, herring.
    Meat: Ground turkey lean, chicken, beef, Lamb, Pork

Non Meat eggs whites, eggs hole, boca buger or similar with less than 6 carb per patty. Tofu
    Greens
    Collard and Mustard greens, Watercress and other green leaves, lettuce, Endive and spring mix, Kale and Turnip, spinach, celery, cucumber, mushrooms, radishes bean sprouts, summer squash, asparagus , cabbage, cauliflower , eggplant, fennel bulb, zucchini, broccoli, red cabbage peppers green red yellow, crookneck squash, green or wax bean, turnip, kohlrabi, okra, scallions, tomato, spaghetti squash,

NO Breads, rice , pasta, potatoes, beans, sugar, fruit
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    - spaghetti squash pasta with tomato sauce, bell peppers and ground turkey
    - zucchini boats filled with meat or fish, spinach and mushrooms (from the oven)
    - spinach and chicken stuffed portobello mushroom
    - broccoli, mushroom, bell pepper and chicken stir-fry served with cauliflower rice
    - beef 'tacos', wrapped with lettuce and filled with tomato, bell pepper, celery, and green beans
    - green bean, broccoli, and lamb stir-fry served with cauliflower rice
    - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and mushroom summer salad with bean sprouts
    - Turnip mash with spinach and a hard boiled egg
    - asparagus and chicken rolls (in lettuce)
    - mashed summer squash and endive, with steak
    - tuna salad, with bell peppers and green beans, topped with watercress
    - club sandwich made with egg bread (stir up full egg, put in microwavable container, microwave until solid, then grill resulting paddy until crunchy)
    - cabbage and bean sprout salad with tuna
    - shrimp with bell pepper and celery stir-fry, served on rice
    - fish stew with green beans
    - salmon with asparagus, green beans, and bean sprouts
    - crab rolls made with lettuce
    - eggplant pizza with tomato and Italian herbs
    - baked white fish (any) with oven baked squash and turnip fries (serve with salad)
    - squash and egg bun with fish or meat
    - chicken and bell pepper skewers
    - vegetable soup
    - beef stuffed mushrooms with summer salad
    - asparagus, zucchini, and green bean salad with poached egg
    - tomatoes or bell peppers stuffed with cauliflower rice, topped with egg

That's all top of my head. I'll come back for more ideas if you'd like? Good luck!
  • LynnSullivan1
    LynnSullivan1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    amazing list :) Keep it coming! I need this list also! Thank you so much!
  • LynnSullivan1
    LynnSullivan1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try googling :recipe finder based on ingredients. There are several free apps and places like allrecipes.com probably have something like this as well.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How about a jamablaya with chicken breast/thigh and shrimp, peppers, and tomatoes? Also a ground turkey chili. I make mine with beans, but you could sub those out for mushrooms, red peppers and zucchini. Maybe some sort of baked eggplant parm just without the breading (assuming you can eat cheese).
  • t_ampz
    t_ampz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    psucato wrote: »
    Im on a 1100 cal 20carb a day diet no surge no fruit. It is working i have lost 135 lbs in five mounts but I need some new ideas because it seems like i have been eating the same thing for 5 mouths and im starting to burnout.
    Can you let me know what you did to loose that much in that time
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    t_ampz wrote: »
    psucato wrote: »
    Im on a 1100 cal 20carb a day diet no surge no fruit. It is working i have lost 135 lbs in five mounts but I need some new ideas because it seems like i have been eating the same thing for 5 mouths and im starting to burnout.
    Can you let me know what you did to loose that much in that time

He went to his doctor and his nutritionist wrote what he can eat. He was also 500 lbs so loses much faster to start with ( which will slow down later) than somebody who has less to lose like you.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Round two. I'll come back for round three later. Seriously though: that is an awesome selection of foods to work with! The only difference with my diet is that I eat less meat but get to include dairy and fruit. Since those do not tend to go into dinner meals anyway...

- 'Asian' mushroom stir-fry with scallops and bell peppers
    - asparagus, boiled egg, and beef/lamb flake stir (or rolls, in lettuce)
    - zucchini baguettes with tomatosauce, tomato, bell pepper, and beef
    - baked egg wrap tacos with ground beef, tomato sauce, romato, bell peppers, etc.
    - baked egg egg rolls with 'Asian' stir-fry
    - (grilled) spaghetti squash hash browns with green beans and a fried egg
    - egg 'pancakes' with cinnamon
    - radish and watercress salad (side dish)
    - spaghetti squash pasta with scallops and kale
    - bell pepper strips with herring and tomato dip
    - turnip and okra mash with lobster (or crab, or shrimps)
    - fried egg wrap with spicy lamb and cabbage (kabab style)
    - portobello crab cakes with scallions and watercress
    - green bean, mushroom, and minced beef 'cottage pie' with turnip mash
    - kale chips
    - oven baked summer squash, turnip, and fennel platter
    - no-crust quiche with spinach, broccoli, and tomato
    - cabbage leaf sushi with cauliflower rice, fish, and cucumber
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    just joining to follow the suggestions. congrats on your success this far!
  • devinnn0728
    devinnn0728 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can replace carbs with cauliflower. You can make cauliflower "mashed potatoes ". Cauliflower pizza crust, and Cauliflower garlic "bread". You could also scramble 2 eggs, add a serving of egg whites, a little refried beans, tons of spinach and veggies and mix it all together. I eat that all the time. Congratulations on your weight loss. You inspire me!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, that's amazing progress. I am glad you're under medical supervision because I would have said the same as everyone else: eat a bit more. But it looks like you know what you're doing and you're getting good results.

Here is a website with some really good low-carb recipes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/low-carb-recipes.html

Good luck!
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    This site might help as well: myfridgefood.com/ You put in the ingredients you can eat and it gives you meal suggestions.
  • psucato
    Options
    some great ideas thanks for all all the in
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
    1 yellow onion, sliced
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 TBSP any flavor blend Mrs. Dash seasoning

Sautee chicken and veggies in a non stick skillet with the olive oil and seasoning.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If sauteed is a no-no throw it all in a foil packet and bake it.
  • psucato
    Options
    that sounds great i think i will do that for dinner
  • jenniday1229
    jenniday1229 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas already! I would just add you might want to try smoking meat and playing around with herbs as well. Smoked turkey and chicken is awesome. (Of course this probably is not an option of you live in an apartment).

Fresh herbs are cheap and easy to experiment with. Throw a handful of basil and a few cloves of garlic in a food processor with a drizzle of olive oil and you have a great mixture to throw on baked meat or use as a dipping sauce. Cilantro, onions, and lime juice prepped the same way is terrific on chicken. Don't be afraid to experiment whatever fresh herbs you can find.
  • tanya54727
    tanya54727 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to take shredded cheese of any kind and put it on a peice of cooking parchment and microwave it. It makes yummy cheese crisps. I also buy sliced peporoni and microwave them. These help curb the crunchy craves I get. :)
  • psucato
    Options
    both those ideas sound great i will try them :)