Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @rungirl1973 I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through that! How terrible!

I do hope at some point the children realize that their father is not who their mother is portraying him to be.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @Italian_Buju glad you are back! Looking forward to some binge posting from you.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Random question did we get back on the main forums or into chit chat again? Seem to be a lot of new folks here today?

We'd still be buried no matter where we were. Mfp is telling me the last update on this thread was on July 9.

My guess is either they are lurkers or click on us when we show up under recent.

Welcome new people by the way!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 good luck with everything & I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

@Italian_Buju glad to see you back & enjoy reading your posts. Has your son got his new bike yet & do you enjoy your new tiling?

@pofoster21 have fun at your race & enjoy your bagel!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    So for those of you who remember my "trying to get back into grad school" dilemma, I was accepted to the MS program! Taking 2 classes this Fall, already rented my textbook ahead of time for one class so I can read ahead (yes I'm a nerd, why do you ask?!) and DH is actually 100% supportive of me. No "bait and switch", no lack of follow through, he actually thinks I should do it. One class is a Statistics course and one is on Application Security (computer nerds rule! lol)

Oh and I almost forgot- I have a job booked for this weekend! (Bridal party of 6- I do makeup freelance and I'm super busy in the summer) Bringing snacks with me but I'll be busy until at least 1 pm, I think. Lots of coffee. Gonna try to stay active and get my steps in- you guys are crushing the Fitbit challenge so I gotta step it up! I'm doing well if I get in 12.5k, some of you guys are doing double that and it's so awesome! Wish I could lol

Woo! Congratulations to all your news, that is fantastic!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky Lurkerson.
    She's around - busy in the group!

Lois seems to have disappeared, along with a few other regulars, unfortunately.

Yup, I keep wondering where Lois got to. A lot of people seem to have given up on our thread, sadly.

I know! I think it became overwhelming for them. Which is sad...I think this is the best thread and can't be bothered to go elsewhere. I always eventually catch up. I will check out the bat cave this weekend there seems to be a lot of posts in there now. I check the Fitbit for my motivation daily. And usually the random pictures. I hope we never implode I do think of you guys as friends now. I don't want to lose this ecosystem we have built.

Very much agreed! I hope not. I definitely don't want to lose this thread and the friends we have here, so it always makes me sad when people go away.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

You didn't kick me out did you???

Of course not! I did the kicking out, and I'd never kick you out... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Random question did we get back on the main forums or into chit chat again? Seem to be a lot of new folks here today?

Neither (that I know of). The lurkers that I kicked out that wanted to join again popped up after getting removed to say hello, on the recommendation of Tubbs, so we could "meet" them. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|

YESSSS, YOU'RE BACK!! :smiley: We don't care... Catch up away! Like @MoHousdon did. We're happy to have you back! :) Have fun binge posting. ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon, I think I'm going to have to borrow your profile Tshirt today! Grrr...
  • Glinda1971
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All my Canadian friends on here - anyone have any ideas where to buy reasonably priced bras in 38G or H? I'm hoping this is a transitional size so I don't want to spend a ton but my old 44DD is getting a little too big.

The 44's were probably wrong too but they did the trick and I could find them at a reasonable cost.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I keep shoes at work in the winter - you learn after having to schlump around in sorels all day or go sock foot (not an option when people are tracking in snow).

My collection at work right now is cardigans - it's cool enough in the morning to need a sweater but too warm in the afternoon to remember to take it home.

I'm guilty of that as well! Apparently my office is just another closet. I have a couple blazers, a couple cardigans, and a raincoat hanging on the back of my door too. But it's handy when I'm pushing the casual in business casual and someone important shows up, because I can throw on a blazer and more conservative shoes and I'm good to go.

I have a pair of flats, a pair of sneakers, and an extra pair of snow boots in my office to deal with whatever might come up, if I came to work in heels. I also have a light jacket and a fleece (mostly for the temperature in my office!), plus an old pair of jeans, socks, t-shirt, and slightly nicer shirt (for food spillage emergencies). People think I'm nuts.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I keep shoes at work in the winter - you learn after having to schlump around in sorels all day or go sock foot (not an option when people are tracking in snow).

My collection at work right now is cardigans - it's cool enough in the morning to need a sweater but too warm in the afternoon to remember to take it home.

I'm guilty of that as well! Apparently my office is just another closet. I have a couple blazers, a couple cardigans, and a raincoat hanging on the back of my door too. But it's handy when I'm pushing the casual in business casual and someone important shows up, because I can throw on a blazer and more conservative shoes and I'm good to go.

I have a pair of flats, a pair of sneakers, and an extra pair of snow boots in my office to deal with whatever might come up, if I came to work in heels. I also have a light jacket and a fleece (mostly for the temperature in my office!), plus an old pair of jeans, socks, t-shirt, and slightly nicer shirt (for food spillage emergencies). People think I'm nuts.

I don't think you're nuts...I think you're smart!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon, I think I'm going to have to borrow your profile Tshirt today! Grrr...

I have to admit that I have no idea what this means. :/
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I have to admit that I have no idea what this means. :/

Her profile picture yesterday was of a shirt that said "Beware of me"
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: Much, much food was eaten yesterday for Eid. A lot of it was chocolate. :p We went to a lovely traditional Yemeni restaurant for lunch, and had some really nice food. I wasn't a huge fan of our main meal, because it was quite bland and I prefer things that are more flavorful. But the traditional bread was delicious, and the dessert... Oh my gosh, it was AMAZING. So, so good. It was a very simple, an extremely dense sort of cake made with dates, nuts, and some bread dough. (I looked it up afterward because I couldn't figure out what it was made of) It wasn't very sweet at all, just mildly sweet from the dates in the mixture, and came with thick cream and honey for dipping. I loved it to the moon and back. SO GOOD. My description is very unsatisfying, so I tried to find a picture but couldn't find one. :-/

Editing to add: FOUND ONE AT LAST!

vwcsxi6563lo.jpg

Mine looked exactly like this, but there was a thick cream on the other side along with the honey.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3

I think it's relatively early, but yeah, the stories about late stage are not at all encouraging. What's disappointing is that I started going to the doctor about it like a month ago and only now am I getting a diagnosis. I'm also super great at not putting the pieces together, so I've pretty much been ignoring the daily headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.

@AngryViking1970 I'm hopeful they caught it soon enough that your round of antibiotics will kill it dead and you can get to feeling better. Good thing you went to the doctor.

They teach doctors to look for horses when they see hoofprints. Rashes are usually bug bites, poison ivy, or an allergic reaction.
    Lyme disease is a zebra. A much rarer disease, thankfully. Once immediate care treated the horses and you still had a problem, your doctor knew to look for a zebra. I am sorry it took so long.

I like this analogy!
  • Efemral
    Efemral Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am being conservative when entering food amounts into the diary, and tend to exaggerate how much exercise I do. Even though I realise the only person I'm trying to fool is myself.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So, hubby has seen his daughter 3 times since last September and guess what? Baby momma was a no-show at the court ordered meeting point again today. I give up. She turned the son against us, we haven't seen him since March 2014.

Ugh, this is so terrible! I'm sorry. :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    All... race update. I never got in the water. I was the very last wave to go in and we were queuing up to go in when a huge thunderstorm rolled in. With lightening. So race cancelled. Mad dash to car. Guess I'll go run...I need to burn off that bagel I ate in anticipation of a morning of exercise!!! Oh well at least I wasn't out on the bike. I was bummed I was the last wave to go out. Now I am glad!