Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Thank you. :) I really hope so as well--I hate laying around and not being able to do anything on my own. :(

YAY on the dog! You must be super excited! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

Oh, now we are dying to know!

I know it's evil of me to mention it without telling, but I just can't! It's too embarrassing! I've had quite a few of those moments, but at least I never accidentally called a teacher "mom." I have that going for me. ;)

Haha, I've called a teacher "mom" once...maybe twice. Pretty embarrassing!

I've called my husband by my brother's name once or twice. THAT is awkward...

Uhh yeah! I'd say it is! :blush:

ETA: Yay on the dog, @xLoveLikeWinterx !!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Haven't caught up, and have no idea what happened in this thread over the weekend. :p This time next week, I should be running on a beach at the Oregon Coast! Lots of work to do before I go on vacation, so I'll be a little MIA. Keep at it, peeps!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, guys. I am not going to bother to update goals on the weekend (as its past) and I am not sure where we are going to land on posting these (I'll be honest, I kind of like them here as I like us all together, and am afraid this constant fragmentation will eventually disperse everyone, but on the other hand the sheer NUMBER of posts here is deterring some folks so will go either way). I am not reading backwards this am so will have to see what happened before this note tonight as my goals for this WEEK are:

Spend less time on MFP during the day (focus on work)
    Stay at or under my 1200 calories Mon-Wed. I am traveling Thur and at race Fri/Sat, traveling back Sun, so I can't set myself up for failure!
    Spend 1 hour per day on dissertation
    Exercise a minimum of 1 hour every day
    Exceed 10K steps a day (on both old and new pedometer!)

So today is:
    - No alcohol
    - 1 hour on dissertation
    - Run 30 min/bike 60
    - If I don't go to yoga with a friend then swimming
    - Catch up on MFP during non-work hours!
    - 10K steps

I will also post these in the Fitbit thread.

Here is the promised pic of my fall on Friday:
    jmr0vnydfkzb.jpg
    xgp12e63jtj7.jpg

A little blood to start (continue) our Monday...
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    May not be suitable for @Susieq_1994

My stretch pants are too loose to stretch and they are baggy in the oddest places. I can no longer where them in public because half of the time I look like I have a woody.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Pofoster21 OUCH. That looks super painful!

I agree about the dispersing, but also about the fact that the thread moves so fast on weekdays that it's hard to catch up. :-/ I think that we can post them in both places if we want to, but the Fitbit thread would be the best place to actually keep up with them, and posting them here would get more support and encouragement since there are more of us here. :) I tend to post them here most of the time and there sometimes. :p I love THIS thread the most! :o
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

I confess that I refuse to call that kind of cheesecake a real cheesecake, because I'm a complete and utter cheesecake snob; my husband and I call it "fake cheesecake". ;) That said, I'd totally still eat the fake cheesecake and think it was yummy, but it still wouldn't be "real". :p

... Speaking of cheesecake. While eating my cookie-butter-with-caramel flavored ice cream yesterday, a new cheesecake to try baking came to mind. Speculoos cookies as the base, with cookie butter to bind the crumbs instead of butter (or maybe a 50-50 mix of the two), then a regular cheesecake batter, then top it with oodles of homemade caramel. Now I just need an occasion to bake that for...

Holy Cheesecake, Batman! Why did I go back and read this?!? I need some a lot of this, right now!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    What moron decided a 1/2 cup of ice cream should be a serving size?! It is an abomination! It is an affront to the ice cream fairy! It is an insult to the ice cream man (who, by the way, my husband has trained to park at the end of our driveway)!

It is! Also, who decided a 1/2 pack of instant noodles was one serving. I have never met anyone in my life who eats 1/2 pack of noodles and stops at that! What's more, people who are eating noodles are usually doing so by themselves (oh I'm having a romantic evening, I know I'll cook instant noodles - said no-one ever) and there's no way of sealing (or even measuring really) that tiny portion of flavouring. It's sheer lunacy.

I ate the whole pack of instant noodles.

Bahahaha I've always wondered this!! Why did they always make all pasta two servings? Just meant I had to eat both!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Couer d'Alene is gorgeous, but nowhere near me. :'(
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I'm doubly ashamed of myself for enjoying the meal and not working out :(

I did this Thursday, ate a huge meal, thinking I was going to the gym and then didn't make it. I am not ashamed, however. In my almost two years here and 20+ battling bulimia and then just bingeing, I have finally learned that life happens and sometimes you just have to enjoy it when you get the chance. (At 21, I weighed 138, my boy fat was 7.5% and my BMR was 800. At 44, I weighed 200 lbs and told the "health coaches" at my job that I would rather be fat than purging. Praise G-d, I've found the middle ground.)

Confession: I just ate a brownie for breakfast. :)

I totally need a brownie for breakfast today. Hmmmm.....
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I learned something today! How to post a picture. :smile:

That is me in my wedding dress - and yes, I do have shiny butterfly wallpaper in my living room. Sorry if it is a little big.

Very pretty, @Glinda1971. I love that dress.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @glinda1971 I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep! Hope your day goes quickly for you!

@italian_buju I'm sorry to hear about your night too! Fingers crossed thing perk up here soon for you!

@Susieq_1994 I'm sorry you're having an episode but I'm happy you're still here posting and encouraging everyone when going through your own hard stuff right now, I know that has to be tough! You are super great!

@xLoveLikeWinterx sorry to hear you're not feeling well but so excited to see pictures of your new dog!! So many animals need good homes adopting is the way to go!

@quiksylver296 yay for vacation coming up!!

@orangesmartie you are so motivational I'm happy to have you as a friend on here!

@kelly_c_77 Happy your kitty is doing better!!

@pofoster21 your poor knee!! Now you have s new battle wound you are one bad mamma-jamma!! (Typically I'd use another word but did out of respect for Susie I did not!)

If I missed anyone I apologize!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I confess that I refuse to call that kind of cheesecake a real cheesecake, because I'm a complete and utter cheesecake snob; my husband and I call it "fake cheesecake". ;) That said, I'd totally still eat the fake cheesecake and think it was yummy, but it still wouldn't be "real". :p

... Speaking of cheesecake. While eating my cookie-butter-with-caramel flavored ice cream yesterday, a new cheesecake to try baking came to mind. Speculoos cookies as the base, with cookie butter to bind the crumbs instead of butter (or maybe a 50-50 mix of the two), then a regular cheesecake batter, then top it with oodles of homemade caramel. Now I just need an occasion to bake that for...

Holy Cheesecake, Batman! Why did I go back and read this?!? I need some a lot of this, right now!!!

You're welcome to visit, and I'll make it just for you! ;) Perfect occasion... :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I was thinking about starting a general picture thread in the bat cave.

I took some pictures of my yard and would like to share them. But if it's separate it won't clog things up in here and I might share a bit more detail.

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of where everyone else lives.

What do you guys think?

I think we need a Shoes Addicts thread where we can post pics of our awesome shoes! I had some on yesterday and it made me think of this.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    It is a short week for me. I join SO in going to Colorado for him to do another crazy-long/hard bike ride. Triple bypass. I get to see a friend, her SO and hopefully my cousin and her family.

After the Chicago/Wisconsin trip I upped my exercise and stayed off the scale (that usually makes me go up a few days for water weight.) So after a weekend of a lot of food/wine and exercise I'm even with where I was pre Chicago (two weeks ago?) I'm at the "ideal" weight for my height according to one source. I'm down about 5 pounds from my starting point on April 1. So, I'm on target, losing slowly enough that those in my daily life are not noticing and I'm feeling good.

I'm 57 pounds lighter than my heaviest (week after giving birth to son who turned 15 yesterday) that is 13 years of maintaining a 50 pound loss. It took me two years to lose.)

My goal weight (I think) is three to six more pounds. This is my "Sweet spot" where I look my best and healthiest and don't get sick. I "can" go lighter but even though it is in the normal range for my body I get sick more often and it is hard work to maintain (even in my early 20's). We shall see. So three to five more month is the target for those three to six pounds. (I'm little, I don't count caloriest often and I don't count exercise often. We'll see if I need to log to finish this off. I'd rather continue to listen to my body if I can, maybe that's weird but for me it is most maintainable over the long term if I can do it without measuring. That's how I lost the 50. I do measure and count every so often to calibrate myself and get an idea of how much I am eating. MFP gives me 1230 calories a day and I almost always go over that by 200-400 calories or if I am hungry by more, but I also don't log the exercise.

@Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better and same to @xLoveLikeWinterx and congrats on the dog. I can't have even a bite of wheat or I gain 10 pounds for a few weeks and feel like I have arthritis and the flu and depression. @lilaclovebird you made me laugh. I gave my daughter a goddess middle name (Irish) @Italian_Buju you sound more upbeat (to me) I hope today is a good one. Welcome by @TigerNY128 . @Glinda1971 I hate little sleep nights. I hope you have a good day. @quiksylver296 I grew up on the Oregon Coast. Have a great time. My favorite beach of all times is Cape Oswald West (I'm still asleep I may have mangled the name). I know I"m neglecting people that I want to reply to but I have to go to work. Happy Monday.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! I am back from Florida. I had the best time with my boyfriend! It was a relaxing much needed vacation.

My boyfriend is really into body building, so I actually went to the gym with him every morning when we were there. He's been asking me for months to go lift with him in the gym, and I always said no. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it!! He said he'd train me if I join his gym, so I'm going to do that this week! I definitely drank more and ate more carbs than normal, but I don't think I did too much damage.

I'm 987 posts behind right now...I'm taking tomorrow off, so hopefully I can catch up.

I missed you all and I hope everyone is doing well!! :)

Yay for lifting!!! I'm excited for you!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

YAY!! So exciitng! Glad hubby warmed up to the idea.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You're welcome to visit, and I'll make it just for you! ;) Perfect occasion... :p

Oh, man! I wish! That would be SUPER GREAT amazing!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 ohhh that looks evil! Bad spot too as you're always bending your knee and it takes forever to heal.