Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So, I confess I am sad on a day like today when I have all day to check in and reply its always quiet in here...and during the week it stresses me out to keep up!

@MoHousdon should be back soon with some great stories to tell/make us jealous! yay!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I confess that I refuse to call that kind of cheesecake a real cheesecake, because I'm a complete and utter cheesecake snob; my husband and I call it "fake cheesecake". ;) That said, I'd totally still eat the fake cheesecake and think it was yummy, but it still wouldn't be "real". :p

... Speaking of cheesecake. While eating my cookie-butter-with-caramel flavored ice cream yesterday, a new cheesecake to try baking came to mind. Speculoos cookies as the base, with cookie butter to bind the crumbs instead of butter (or maybe a 50-50 mix of the two), then a regular cheesecake batter, then top it with oodles of homemade caramel. Now I just need an occasion to bake that for...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    My favourite 'fake cheesecake' is a ginger cookie crust, and the batter is whipped cream folded with condensed milk and lemon juice & zest. Mmmm.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mmmm.... cheesecake. My boyfriend and I made this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-raspberry-cheesecake/ a few years back and it turned out delicious, if anyone is interested in recipes ;) I don't think I've ever had jello cheesecake. Is it a mix or is it like this:
    604614.jpg

Cause I'd definitely still chow down on that. Now I'm craving sweets.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This Is Just To Say

I have eaten
    the plums
    that were in
    the icebox

and which
    you were probably
    saving
    for breakfast

Forgive me
    they were delicious
    so sweet
    and so cold

(William Carlos Williams)

Had to quote this poem, because I have, indeed, just eaten delicious cold plums!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Another reason I love summer, fresh and sweet blueberries to eat with my Greek yogurt! Omnomnomnom! :smiley:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Mmmm.... cheesecake. My boyfriend made this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-raspberry-cheesecake/ a few years back and it turned out delicious, if anyone is interested in recipes ;) I don't think I've ever had jello cheesecake. Is it a mix or is it like this:

I'll post this recipe to the Super Great Recipe thread! :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Since I got so much love on my "SUPER GREAT" sticky note, I figured I'd take a picture and show it to everyone. My husband actually liked it and kept it by taking it off the middle of his screen and sticking it to the edges:
    xfdhh5t4d5h4.jpg
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic Susie!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Since I got so much love on my "SUPER GREAT" sticky note, I figured I'd take a picture and show it to everyone. My husband actually liked it and kept it by taking it off the middle of his screen and sticking it to the edges:
    xfdhh5t4d5h4.jpg

That's awesome lol!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I should have put having a nap as one of my goals today. Totally nailed that one!

But it was a good nap.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I should have put having a nap as one of my goals today. Totally nailed that one!

But it was a good nap.

I am going to have to substitute 'trimming my mom's bushes' for 'bike to Montauk'. I just spent 2 hours trimming bushes for her, its 3:25 and I promised to make dinner tonight so I need to start soon (because I only cook like 3x per year, it takes me FOREVER...and Mom and her boyfriend like to eat at 6 pm).

And...I want a nap.
  • Oberon21
    Options

this is so cute!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Mmmm.... cheesecake. My boyfriend made this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-raspberry-cheesecake/ a few years back and it turned out delicious, if anyone is interested in recipes ;) I don't think I've ever had jello cheesecake. Is it a mix or is it like this:

I'll post this recipe to the Super Great Recipe thread! :smiley:

yay! Because I am going to NEED to try this. And I love that the 'boyfriend' made it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Yep, that is the one. Its hard though, I have heard. I think its super hilly?
  • Oberon21
    Options

I confess that I refuse to call that kind of cheesecake a real cheesecake, because I'm a complete and utter cheesecake snob; my husband and I call it "fake cheesecake". ;) That said, I'd totally still eat the fake cheesecake and think it was yummy, but it still wouldn't be "real". :p

... Speaking of cheesecake. While eating my cookie-butter-with-caramel flavored ice cream yesterday, a new cheesecake to try baking came to mind. Speculoos cookies as the base, with cookie butter to bind the crumbs instead of butter (or maybe a 50-50 mix of the two), then a regular cheesecake batter, then top it with oodles of homemade caramel. Now I just need an occasion to bake that for...

I still don't know what Speculoos are. I really need to google this.