Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:

Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.

Anyone have any of themselves?

What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...

If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:

[ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]

but without any spaces.

10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675

You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:

You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?

You were like a little doll! And speaking of dolls, I had a similar huge Raggedy Ann too. Kind of scary now, but it's funny how that stuff looks different to us now.

Aww, thanks! I posted them to show someone how I looked at that age since I post so many pictures of my daughter on Facebook. Confession: I'm one of those moms :)

I don't think you looked like a blob at all, you were adorable!!

I love your avatar... Susie...you need to look at that one. The Hey, you...don't give up, OK?

I think that is great.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

My daddy and me ❤️

You look just like him in this picture!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

Oh, now we are dying to know!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

Oh, now we are dying to know!

@Lefty1290's comment is what reminded me of my weight room make out session. :p
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Here's another one, when I was around... 4-ish?

3whahffrp98y.jpg

Awww you are adorable! I know we can't see you now, but I'll bet you are beautiful. You have beautiful features. :)@susieqshusband is a lucky man. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

I hope she is feeling better. I agree with other folks...if she is not take her to a vet. It takes a lot of a cat to exhibit illness symptoms, if she is showing them she probably needs medical attention.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So, he sounds pretty great. Maybe its time to let this go and just tell yourself he treats every day as if its Mothers Day and like you are special and on the day itself just schedule and do something wonderful for yourself. Being angry sounds like wasted energy and think of this...if he flew off this week and his plane crashed, and the last memories you have of him were these tense weeks...would that be the way you would want it to be? Wouldn't you regret that you put aside all these great things he does, and just focused on this one little thing (because in the end Mother's Day is just a man-made holiday... and probably so not worth this mental and emotional effort).

Not trying to make you angry, just trying to get you a different perspective. :)

I pretty much thought the same thing. He treats you like every day is Mother's Day. No judgment, but if he really is that amazing every other day, I suggest you let the anger go.

I have to agree! And also, thank you for sharing all of the OCD info. It is really eye opening to realize what a struggle every day can be for those with OCD..
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

Charging now.

I believe that while you are exercising you are suppose to wear it half way up your forearm to get an accurate HR and calorie burn.

That is why I could not get one, the L fit my wrist, but would not fit my forearm.

Mine doesn't fit very far up on my arm, but it seems to take fairly accurate measurements even just above my wrist bone.

Mine ended up having to be on last hole to be comfortable. But at latest count it is doubling the steps of my gear. I am not sure why and having read back enough yet to see if anyone explained it to me but I am not trusting it yet.

Mine has registered "steps" when I've actually been in my car, and a lady I know doubled her steps while driving her tractor, so they aren't 100% accurate. I figure it's pretty close for calories burned though.

Sorry, but I think its giving me too many calories burned too. So, with my ongoing experiment, I am now convinced that my Gear is better for walking (more accurate) but the fitbit is more accurate to running. My run yesterday of 6 miles yielded me about 12000 steps which is about right. My Gear gave me a 1000 (I have mentioned before I ignore the Gear on the running part... its terrible). So...I am using the gear for my daily steps and the fitbit for running and I am just going to add them together! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Totally sounds like my playlist. Sold by JMM, then Adrenaline by Shinedown, then maybe Bad by Michael Jackson.

I am all country all the time. Sometimes I have older rock that pops up...and I skip it. I will admit, I do have all Nickleback's albums on my ipod and when I am in the last stages of a run and need some extra motivation, I switch to all Nickleback. The beat helps me pick up my pace. And I LOVE Nickleback. I love that guy's voice. I will say in life he is ugly as sin.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 if your Fitbit is overestimating just think how you'll rock the challenges.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I pretty much negated all the calories I burned on my 43 mile bike ride today at dinner. :|

Aargh! I negated an 8 mile run. My daughter came for the weekend and I made fried potatoes, green beans and the hubby grilled BBQ pork steaks. At 10pm. :/
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @nonoelmo "all muscle" lol

91sVhdH.jpg

I can't find the picture! :'( Trying to navigate this thread on a phone sucks!

I somehow missed the picture too but your post brought it up for me! I am not going to delete it as others said they missed it too, so sorry mixmode! (BTW, all our men seem to have disappeared again).

And, yes, extremely impressive!

ETA...so strangely the picture did not post!
  • kelly_c_77
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

I hope she is feeling better. I agree with other folks...if she is not take her to a vet. It takes a lot of a cat to exhibit illness symptoms, if she is showing them she probably needs medical attention.

Thank you and @Italian_Buju (for asking earlier)...she is continuing to eat small amounts of the wet food when offered....but not interested in her regular dry food. She is drinking normally..and her trips to the litter box are normal. She has done a few things that are more her regular behavior...but she is still "off" and quite relaxed/lazy. Our vet is closed today for the holiday...but a trip to the emergency vet would never be ruled out if need be. If all stays ok for the today, we will get through today and then set up a check up at the regular vet for tomorrow to have her looked at.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    All just swamped so just wanted to provide my update...

Yesterdays goals were basically all failures. My new fitbit made 10K but my regular tracker only had me at 9,087 (I trust that one more).
    I didn't get the run in
    I didn't get to studying
    I ate late and had 2 glasses of wine

So.... ticked at myself for poor performance.

Today is a shorter list as I had to get up early to clean for the cleaning people so no time to exercise so...
    1. Clean house for cleaning people (this is kind of a cheat since I did it already)
    2. Pay bills (check)
    3. Focus on catching up on some things at work (so not paying attention to MFP and accepting I will have to catch up tomorrow!). I am not paying enough attention to all the little stuff I have to do for work! So need to get back to being on top of my game.
    4. 10K steps on old pedometer/25,000 on the Fitbit (the Fitbit seems to be 2 1/2 the number of steps that my Gear tracks so I am going with this plan as I have been trying to get 10K on the old one all during my weight loss)

So that is my update for today, and my goals. I may catch up tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Patricia

Sooo today:

Drive to
    1. my mom's (I need to get going!)
    2. Run 4-6 miles
    3. Bike to Montauk (as long as rain holds)
    4. Spend 1 hour on dissertation
    5. Try to not drink TOO much with sister at my Mom's (heavy drinker... and no way am I saying I am not drinking knowing she is there... I will need wine... family is a serious source of stress)
    6. 10K steps on
    gear minimum/20K on fitbit

Have a great day all!

Ok, quoting myself (tried to delete some stuff so we'll see if I messed it up...

I managed to make it to my mom's with only a little traffic at the end and only because I made myself late leaving because I was checking in with you guys.
    Ran 6 miles, tripped in the final mile on a dirt road and bashed up my knee. Will post the lovely pictures when I get back to my own computer and can sync my phone.
    I was really good on alcohol yesterday. My sister and her friends/husband started about 11:30 am... I went running. I didn't have any wine until dinner, and I walked 4 miles (there and back) to the liquor store to buy the kind I like (to 'earn' my empty calories). Sooo. I am going to consider this a success.
    I did not bike to Montauk, by the time I was done running, with the banged up knee, and sat down I just read and took 2 walks after that (one to the liquor store). So that bike ride is on today's 'to do'
    I did not spend 1 hour on my dissertation
    Achieved 13,436 (+ probably an add'l 10K for the run that it didn't track) and 26,248 on fitbit.

So maybe 50/50?

Today:
    1. Run 4-6 miles (I was going to skip another run but I enjoy running out here so will head out again)
    2. Bike to Montauk
    3. One glass of wine maximum (I need to get up super early to get home to a horse show tomorrow to school the horse I am leasing so don't want to feel like garbage).
    4. 1 hour on dissertation
    5. 10K steps on Gear/20K on fitbit

I will be glad tomorrow to get back to no drinking. I have the race I haven't trained for next week so I don't like to drink at all before a race so will be good this week. I confess, my wanting to stop drinking has made me obsessed with my alcohol intake! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)

WOW excellent job! I am jealous!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 if your Fitbit is overestimating just think how you'll rock the challenges.

I know but that feels like cheating!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I made out with my high school crush in the weight room during PE class. We never dated or anything. Just the one epic make-out session. o:)

Thinking about it makes me smile.

Wow. Why didn't it go beyond that if you were attracted enough to do that? It made me smile too. :)

He had a current girlfriend. Oops. :#

Ah well...