Fed up of dieting...want to start enjoying

Options

Replies

• FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    Well as long as you are sure you are being accurate, although its going to be hard for people to help you if one day you need it because they wont be able to see that in your logging and will assume you don't know what you are consuming and eating more then you think you are.

My diary and logging are for me, I don't mind other people looking at them, but that's how recipes are logged. There's nothing I can do about that. I weigh every single thing I put in my mouth unless I just don't have access to a scale, I am EXTREMELY accurate. I don't really need help as far as what I eat, and if I decided that I needed help I would probably mention in my post that "servings" are either based off a recipe or something actually weighed exactly what the serving size says.

Sorry but 3 servings of 'sweet crepes with strawberry filling' has way more than 309 calories and 39 grams of carbs.

Same goes for meatloaf. 3 servings for 284 calories? I don't think so.

That all depends on the serving size.

I often make big chicken dishes and count each 1/2 chicken thigh as a serving so when I'm dishing up I just have to count the number of pieces of chicken I eat. 1/2 a chicken thigh would probably never be enough food for me but I do it to make my life easier when dishing up.

The food going in is weighed and recorded meticulously and if I ate the whole lot it would all be correctly accounted for. It just makes me feel more "normal" than having to weigh an entire cooked dish, deducting the weight of the dish and then dividing that into serving sizes and taking scales to the table.

It is also more flexible and means I can stop when I think I'm done rather than eating the rest of a serving.
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think @kateyb94 should make a new thread and share her favorite recipes, including how to cook the food. Both the crepes and the meatloaf sound yummy ^^

And OP I hope you find that balance that you are looking for. I am still finding it myself, but it seems to be getting a tad easier.

I've considered doing this... I LOOOOOVE cooking and I've considered starting a blog for it. So here, shameless self-promotion fuelyourlife.blogspot.com

I need to get it set up, but it should be ready within an hour :)
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think @kateyb94 should make a new thread and share her favorite recipes, including how to cook the food. Both the crepes and the meatloaf sound yummy ^^

And OP I hope you find that balance that you are looking for. I am still finding it myself, but it seems to be getting a tad easier.

I've considered doing this... I LOOOOOVE cooking and I've considered starting a blog for it. So here, shameless self-promotion fuelyourlife.blogspot.com

Lovely! I'll be bookmarking that one! As I am grain free due to intollerances, not everything will work for me but I'd love to have a look! :+1:
  • KateSimpson17
    Options

Lovely! I'll be bookmarking that one! As I am grain free due to intollerances, not everything will work for me but I'd love to have a look! :+1:

Just made my first post (it's crepes!)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Well as long as you are sure you are being accurate, although its going to be hard for people to help you if one day you need it because they wont be able to see that in your logging and will assume you don't know what you are consuming and eating more then you think you are.

My diary and logging are for me, I don't mind other people looking at them, but that's how recipes are logged. There's nothing I can do about that. I weigh every single thing I put in my mouth unless I just don't have access to a scale, I am EXTREMELY accurate. I don't really need help as far as what I eat, and if I decided that I needed help I would probably mention in my post that "servings" are either based off a recipe or something actually weighed exactly what the serving size says.

Sorry but 3 servings of 'sweet crepes with strawberry filling' has way more than 309 calories and 39 grams of carbs.

I'm sorry but did you read the rest of my comments? I guarantee all of that is completely accurate.

Do you mind sending the recipes for the crepes and meatloaf you made?

Sure:
    Meatloaf: 6 servings (I ate 3)
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot
    46 gram egg (a medium sized egg)
    40 grams bread crumbs (Great value whole wheat)
    a little garlic, salt, and pepper (not enough to even show up on the scale)

Potatoes: 2 servings (I ate 1)
    231 grams potatoes
    23 grams butter (about 2 tbs)
    1/3 cup 1% milk
    plus a little salt and garlic for flavor

Crepes: 4 servings (I ate 3 because I burned one)
    62 grams enriched wheat flour
    49 gram egg (medium sized egg)
    1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Thanks for the recipes! The calorie counts are more believable after seeing the recipes. Each serving is obviously on the small side.

If you think those servings are small then you probably have a very skewed view of how much you should be eating. I can't see how anyone could eat more than 3 crepes with filling. The meatloaf was a total of 210 grams, and the potatoes were about 153 grams. Of course, I ate some other things for dessert... but I honestly wouldn't have eaten more than that even when I wasn't trying to lose weight.

Based on your diary, your diet is mainly comprised of carbs. You eat very little protein from what I can see. For example, crepes would never be satisfying or filling for me because they are made up of entirely carbs and little to no protein. You ate 3 breadsticks for dinner one night… I personally wouldn't call that a dinner. I like well-balanced meals with a similar ratio of carbs, protein, and fat.

I can make assumptions too.

I ate 3 breadsticks for dinner because I ate a really large snack and my parents surprised me by showing up at my apartment and taking me out to dinner. (and since that's a 2 hour drive for them and they just came to fix my car I couldn't really say "no") I still had 50 grams of protein that day and my daily goal is 60.

I have balanced days and weeks, not necessarily balanced meals because dinner is often the only meal I can eat at home.

Sure, I eat carbs because they're filling, but I also eat a lot of protein throughout most days.

You also have a much higher calorie goal than I do, my protein and carbs are just about on point for the amount of calories I actually consume.

I eat things I enjoy, I am healthy and consistently losing weight. I stay under my calorie goal. I meticulously weigh every single thing I eat.

Frankly, looking at your diary I feel I would be extremely bored with your diet.

The whole point of the original post is that she doesn't like having to worry about what she eats. Dieting is awful and boring, and while I love healthy food I want people to know that you don't have to have "forbidden foods" or be restrictive to lose weight and to be healthy.

I personally don't consider 50-60 grams of protein/day a lot of protein. You might- that's fine.

I eat the way I eat because I have medical conditions that require me to do so. I also eat the way I do because it makes me feel my best and keeps me out of the hospital.

No where have I said that there's anything wrong with incorporating foods you enjoy into your diet. I ALWAYS tell people to eat the foods they enjoy in moderation because eliminating foods leads to binges and yo-yo dieting.

60 grams is enough because my calorie goal is 1200. Your calorie goal appears to be 2000 so more protein is required. It's a ratio, there's NO way I could reach more than MAYBE 70 grams of protein and still stay under my calorie goal.

You're upset because I said your eating was boring, but you eat that way because you have to. So why are you condemning how I eat?

You might be surprised to learn that even though MFP does do macros by percentages, 50g of protein is the absolute minimum you should get no matter how many calories you eat. Even on a medically supervised VLCD, 50g is usually the minimum. Protein grams aren't as affected by how many calories you're allowed as you might think!

There seems to be a lot of arguing for no reason, here. She accepted that she was wrong about your meatloaf and crepes, there was no need to continue the argument by saying she has a skewed view on portion sizes. Truth is that she was right. Most average portions of those foods have a lot more calories than what you said. All she was saying was that you said it was x amount of servings but they were smaller servings than she anticipated.

ANYWAY. OP. Dieting doesn't have to be boring! You can still enjoy treats and fit them in your calories, and there are a lot of fun healthy low cal recipes out there on the internet :)

That's some US-standard the rest of the world goes meh over. Here in The Netherlands, the guideline is 0.8 grams per kilo body weight. So for me that's ~43 g a day.

I also don't have much to lose as I gained my weight by going just over maintenance pretty much every day with a bag of potato crisps. I cut that out, eat 1200 - 1300 cal as I always used to do naturally and added a work-out every day. I'm not going to take four months to lose 8 lb, tyvm. I just want to drop the weight and get on with my life, minus the crisps. So yes, for me it is a sprint. Stop faulting people who are in a situation different from yours. You have no idea what our situations are like and how our bodies react. I'll trust my doctor and dietitian, if you don't mind, and live happily off of 1200 (plus a bit on heavy exercise days) for two months so I can go back to maintenance at around 1900 calories. Your truth is not universal, okay?

And OP? Restricting sucks. And as much as it's a life style change, it will probably only feel like that once you go into maintenance. All the tools you learned while restricting should help you over indulge then. You can do this!

Your diary shows you consistently net under 1000 calories, but keep telling yourself that.

Why do you keep attacking people?

Pointing out the fact that her diary shows she nets under 1000 calories is definitely not attacking.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but did you read the rest of my comments? I guarantee all of that is completely accurate.

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Thanks for the recipes! The calorie counts are more believable after seeing the recipes. Each serving is obviously on the small side.

If you think those servings are small then you probably have a very skewed view of how much you should be eating. I can't see how anyone could eat more than 3 crepes with filling. The meatloaf was a total of 210 grams, and the potatoes were about 153 grams. Of course, I ate some other things for dessert... but I honestly wouldn't have eaten more than that even when I wasn't trying to lose weight.

Based on your diary, your diet is mainly comprised of carbs. You eat very little protein from what I can see. For example, crepes would never be satisfying or filling for me because they are made up of entirely carbs and little to no protein. You ate 3 breadsticks for dinner one night… I personally wouldn't call that a dinner. I like well-balanced meals with a similar ratio of carbs, protein, and fat.

I ate 3 breadsticks for dinner because I ate a really large snack and my parents surprised me by showing up at my apartment and taking me out to dinner. (and since that's a 2 hour drive for them and they just came to fix my car I couldn't really say "no") I still had 50 grams of protein that day and my daily goal is 60.

I have balanced days and weeks, not necessarily balanced meals because dinner is often the only meal I can eat at home.

Sure, I eat carbs because they're filling, but I also eat a lot of protein throughout most days.

You also have a much higher calorie goal than I do, my protein and carbs are just about on point for the amount of calories I actually consume.

I eat things I enjoy, I am healthy and consistently losing weight. I stay under my calorie goal. I meticulously weigh every single thing I eat.

Frankly, looking at your diary I feel I would be extremely bored with your diet.

The whole point of the original post is that she doesn't like having to worry about what she eats. Dieting is awful and boring, and while I love healthy food I want people to know that you don't have to have "forbidden foods" or be restrictive to lose weight and to be healthy.

I personally don't consider 50-60 grams of protein/day a lot of protein. You might- that's fine.

I eat the way I eat because I have medical conditions that require me to do so. I also eat the way I do because it makes me feel my best and keeps me out of the hospital.

No where have I said that there's anything wrong with incorporating foods you enjoy into your diet. I ALWAYS tell people to eat the foods they enjoy in moderation because eliminating foods leads to binges and yo-yo dieting.

60 grams is enough because my calorie goal is 1200. Your calorie goal appears to be 2000 so more protein is required. It's a ratio, there's NO way I could reach more than MAYBE 70 grams of protein and still stay under my calorie goal.

You're upset because I said your eating was boring, but you eat that way because you have to. So why are you condemning how I eat?

You might be surprised to learn that even though MFP does do macros by percentages, 50g of protein is the absolute minimum you should get no matter how many calories you eat. Even on a medically supervised VLCD, 50g is usually the minimum. Protein grams aren't as affected by how many calories you're allowed as you might think!

There seems to be a lot of arguing for no reason, here. She accepted that she was wrong about your meatloaf and crepes, there was no need to continue the argument by saying she has a skewed view on portion sizes. Truth is that she was right. Most average portions of those foods have a lot more calories than what you said. All she was saying was that you said it was x amount of servings but they were smaller servings than she anticipated.

ANYWAY. OP. Dieting doesn't have to be boring! You can still enjoy treats and fit them in your calories, and there are a lot of fun healthy low cal recipes out there on the internet :)

That's some US-standard the rest of the world goes meh over. Here in The Netherlands, the guideline is 0.8 grams per kilo body weight. So for me that's ~43 g a day.

I also don't have much to lose as I gained my weight by going just over maintenance pretty much every day with a bag of potato crisps. I cut that out, eat 1200 - 1300 cal as I always used to do naturally and added a work-out every day. I'm not going to take four months to lose 8 lb, tyvm. I just want to drop the weight and get on with my life, minus the crisps. So yes, for me it is a sprint. Stop faulting people who are in a situation different from yours. You have no idea what our situations are like and how our bodies react. I'll trust my doctor and dietitian, if you don't mind, and live happily off of 1200 (plus a bit on heavy exercise days) for two months so I can go back to maintenance at around 1900 calories. Your truth is not universal, okay?

And OP? Restricting sucks. And as much as it's a life style change, it will probably only feel like that once you go into maintenance. All the tools you learned while restricting should help you over indulge then. You can do this!

Your diary shows you consistently net under 1000 calories, but keep telling yourself that.

Pointing out the fact that her diary shows she nets under 1000 calories is definitely not attacking.

What's wrong with netting under 1000 calories if she's losing at a reasonable rate? The exercise calories and calorie intake calculations are estimates only, what matters is the results.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Isn't the whole reason many people are on MFP is because they don't know what correct portion sizes are? Also, yeah, maybe they're a little lower than a general serving... but when you're trying to lose weight you have to have smaller servings to enjoy some of those foods.

She did NOT except that she was wrong. And she's not right. She has continued to insist that my diet is bad. Yes, 50 grams is an absolute low, but just because I had 50 grams one day doesn't mean I only get that much every day. My goal is set at 60 grams because that is a reasonable amount, unless I eat nothing but eggs and meat there's really no way that I'm going to get much more than that while still staying under 1200 calories a day.

People are on MFP because they are looking to lose, gain, or maintain their weight by CICO.

I know what correct portion sizes are. I weigh every single thing I consume and have been doing so for 2+ years.

The only person who keeps calling your diet bad is you. I never called your diet bad- not once. My only problem with your diet is that 1200 calories is much too low. As another user pointed out, the amount of food you consume is very little and would not be satisfying for many people. Considering you only have 17 more pounds to lose, your deficit is much too large for the weight you have left to lose. Chances are you could eat 1500 calories and still lose weight.

You think I'm being rude- but I'm really just being blunt and upfront with you about your calorie intake.

1200 calories is not "much too low". I gave MFP my information and that's what it gave me... I didn't change it at all. You're right, I could probably lose weight at 1500... but 1200 does it faster. I lose about 1.5 lbs a week. You can't say it's much too low just based on the information you have. You have no idea how tall I am or what my weight is or what my activity level is.

Unless you are a doctor I don't think you can make claims that go against professional software. There's a lot of people on 1200.

1200 calories is in fact too low for you. Many people here will back me up on this.

A weight loss of 1.5 lbs a week is too aggressive for the weight you have to lose (17 lbs according to your profile). Many people will back me up on this, too.

MFP sets EVERY user here calorie goal at 1200- until YOU change it to fit YOUR needs. You act like MFP is a software that magically knows the calories and macros you need for your body- it isn't. You need to enter that yourself.

BTW, weight loss isn't a race. Fast weight loss isn't necessarily good. Slow & steady wins the race.

It's not "too aggressive". No matter how much weight you have to lose, from my research, as long as you're not consistently losing more than 2 lbs a week there's nothing wrong with it.

There is no time limit for how fast or slow you have to lose weight to be successful.

Research and people who have been successful here have determined otherwise :) I know you're young and think you have the answers to everything, but try listening to people who have been there and done that. You might actually learn something.

Sweetie, you don't have your profile public so I don't know how old you are, but from your picture you can't be that much older than me. I've talked to MANY people on here who have confirmed that I am doing what I need to. What I'm doing is working for me. I feel really good, I'm always as full as I need to be, I'm getting the results I'm looking for. It's my body, not yours.

Frankly, I don't care how many people you've talked to who have confirmed eating 1200 calories is safe for you. Obviously those people have no clue what they are talking about and are NOT the people you want to get nutrition advice from. Talk to people who have been successful with weight loss and have kept the weight off, all by eating WAY more than 1200 calories.

Don't be disappointed when you gain all of the weight back plus some due to your desire to lose the weight as fast as possible.

What medical or nutritional degree do you have? 1200 is the RDA minimum for women and is not the default for MFP, but rather the minimum number of safe calories that science shows is acceptable for some women. If you don't agree with MFPs standards, why are you on the website?

I lost 21 lbs at 1200 calories and safely met all my macros and nutrients and am in maintenance with no difficulty.

True this. Also, most of my days are over 1200 anyway, but with exercise I still keep my net under 1200

*Sigh* It's not even worth it

What? It's not worth it to tell someone you don't know and have never seen that they are unhealthy and going to be unsuccessful?

Below are some threads you should take a look at. Maybe then you'll realize that netting under 1200 is not healthy and attempting to lose 1.5 lbs a week when you only have 17 lbs to lose is much too aggressive.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1318741/in-5-weeks-youll-lose-10lbs-why-is-it-not-working/p1

I'll leave this here as well:

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range

As you see, you fall into the 0.50 to 1 lb loss per week range :)

Not sure where these guidelines keep coming from. I lost 40+ pounds all the way down to 6 pack abs at a rate of 1.5-1.75 pounds per week with no health problems or loss of muscle. 0.5 pounds a week is pretty much unnecessary and if I had to lose that slow I would probably give up because I wouldn't see any progress for a really long time. My motto for cutting has always been get it done as fast as healthfully possible so you can go to maintenance or a bulk which is where the majority of your time should be spent.

Sorry but you most certainly lost some muscle. It's close to impossible to lose body fat but not muscle. Muscle loss is inevitable.

That depends on context - it is not universally true.
  • Mr_Knight
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Of course it is.

You wouldn't have pointed it out, otherwise.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

What's wrong with netting under 1000 calories if she's losing at a reasonable rate? The exercise calories and calorie intake calculations are estimates only, what matters is the results.

Eating under 1200 calories is unhealthy and dangerous unless under constant medical supervision. Chances are she is not and is netting under 1000 calories for fast results- as she already stated.

What matters is losing weight in a healthy manner- a manner that is sustainable and ensures adequate nutrition.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

This, and I hope you took note of the doctor and dietitian supervision I mentioned--both of whom give me a clean bill of health. So really... thanks for pointing out something completely useless :+1:
  • Mr_Knight
    edited July 2015
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Eating under 1200 calories is unhealthy and dangerous unless under constant medical supervision.

That's a gross exaggeration. A typical person can meet all their nutriononal requirements on as little as 700 well-planned calories/day.

Checking in with a pro is always a good idea, but the need for "constant medical supervision" at 1000+ calories/day is pure hogwash.

• galgenstrick
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Eating under 1200 calories is unhealthy and dangerous unless under constant medical supervision. Chances are she is not and is netting under 1000 calories for fast results- as she already stated.

What matters is losing weight in a healthy manner- a manner that is sustainable and ensures adequate nutrition.

There's a big difference between netting under 1200 and eating under 1200. I see no problem with netting under 1200 with exercise for people losing at a healthy rate.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Of course it is.

You wouldn't have pointed it out, otherwise.

Haha no. It's an observation. And I pointed it out so that other people who may not know better don't follow in her footsteps.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Today I had homemade crepes and strawberry filling (strawberries and sugar warmed up and mashed) for brunch, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and cherries for dinner, and a piece of dark chocolate for dessert. I'm very full and satisfied and it was all delicious!

And I'm still under 1000 calories.

It's about portion control, not dieting. Don't worry about avoiding foods because they're "bad for you." Sure, some things don't lead to a healthy lifestyle, but having sugary or fatty foods in moderate amounts isn't going to kill you.

We're all going to die someday, so don't make yourself miserable. But, at the same time, I'm so much happier when I'm healthy.

Eating well is hard, being overweight is hard... chose your hard.

Cherries for dinner??? That's not dinner.
  • KateSimpson17
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

You need to remember that these are GENERAL rules. Yes, 1200 is pretty low, but that doesn't mean that everyone should avoid it. There are many "rules" about weight loss, but everyone is different biologically. If someone can eat 1200 and/or net under 1000 and not have any complications and lose at a reasonable rate, then who are you to tell them they can't? That's between them and their doctor, seeing as you do not have any actual education in the healthcare field you need to leave everyone alone and just take care of yourself.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

There's a big difference between netting under 1200 and eating under 1200. I see no problem with netting under 1200 with exercise for people losing at a healthy rate.

No, there isn't because essentially they still consumed under 1200 calories due to burning off x amount of calories from exercise.
  • KateSimpson17
    Options
    Today I had homemade crepes and strawberry filling (strawberries and sugar warmed up and mashed) for brunch, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and cherries for dinner, and a piece of dark chocolate for dessert. I'm very full and satisfied and it was all delicious!

It's about portion control, not dieting. Don't worry about avoiding foods because they're "bad for you." Sure, some things don't lead to a healthy lifestyle, but having sugary or fatty foods in moderate amounts isn't going to kill you.

We're all going to die someday, so don't make yourself miserable. But, at the same time, I'm so much happier when I'm healthy.

I think you need to re-read that... since it says I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and cherries for dinner.
  • galgenstrick
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

No, there isn't because essentially they still consumed under 1200 calories due to burning off x amount of calories from exercise.

If I ate 1400 calories and burned off 500 from exercise, I still consumed 1400 calories. I just created a larger deficit. Again, there's nothing wrong with that if they're losing at a reasonable rate.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

If you read the bolded...she had more than cherries for dinner.

She said...

meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and cherries for dinner,

• FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

If I ate 1400 calories and burned off 500 from exercise, I still consumed 1400 calories. I just created a larger deficit. Again, there's nothing wrong with that if they're losing at a reasonable rate.

You consumed 1400 calories but burned 500 of them- meaning you have a net caloric intake of 900 calories. Constantly netting 900 calories is not sustainable- whether you agree with it or not. Don't try to justify netting 900 calories because no one who has a basic understanding of nutrition will agree with you.