What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I had to move the seat forward a bit in a car I haven't driven in over a year. I was 70lbs thicker and sat farther forward in the seat the last time I drove this car.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm not into labels at all, but one I've always coveted is a DFV wrap dress. Those do NOT come in size 20! But yesterday I found one at Nordstrom in a 10 that MOSTLY fits and it was on massive sale. Yay!
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had to get "fitted" for a respirator face mask at work today (im a nurse) Last year I was a size Regular
    First time in my life, I've ever fit into a size small anything :) now if just the rest of me would follow suit
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    I did my first Sprint Tri last week! I've been thinking about doing one for years and was afraid to be in front of people with a tri suit on (they show everything)... Well, I finally decided I could do it. So glad I did!!! I want to move up to an Olympic Tri now:)

Great work. I love Triathlon - they are a great challenge, the training is varied, and you don't have to be awesome at any if the 3 sports to do it. They are addictive though! Good luck with the next goal of Olympic distance :)

Btw, you look fabulous in the tri suit in your avatar! I'm psyching myself up to buy a 1 piece tri suit for this season, as my old kit is all too big. So I get the hesitation!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but "soft fat in my calves". Which tells me that I may actually be able to slim my calves some, despite the amount of walking I have done.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I did tumble turns in the pool this morning for my whole main set. I haven't done them since I was a kid in swim squad, and had been a bit nervous about trying to bust them out again. I tested myself the other day as part of my warm down and was a bit all over the place, but this morning the pool was nice and empty (yay!) and I got in my rhythm and nailed like 95% of the turns, and the other 5% werent horribly embarrassing muck ups. I feel like a real swimmer again!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Owning my yoga class today.

I've only been attending three weeks, but I've nailed Warrior 2, my first ever full on side plank, and some thing where my legs went over my head and my arms stayed on the floor. I made it all the way through the 1 and 1/2 class without a break or water. Boom! :sweat_smile:
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 5 lbs in the past almost 3 weeks, but today, I had to take my belt in another hole! I'll take that :)
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I made the decision to stop drinking two days ago. Weekend came and went. No booze!
    This!! This is awesome!! Good for you!! I quit drinking as much as I used to, and it does make a world of difference.

• Rudenurse88
    Rudenurse88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I started working out I could not lift the bar (45lb). Now I can bench press with a little added weight (still a beginner).
  • Rudenurse88
    Rudenurse88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    Not sure what NSV stands for, but I think this fits...

I've read through this thread hoping someone would ask. Now if someone will just answer.

Non scald victory
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm on track to complete 50 miles running this month! (From couch potato in December!)
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Made the Dean's list for the 6th straight time, this might not seem "Fitness" related, but without being fit and healthy there's NO way I could work all day and study half the night
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm on track to complete 50 miles running this month! (From couch potato in December!)

Awesome! I was there a few years back and I know how great that feels! I am there again (sort of) broke my foot last august and had to have surgery and casts and injections, I just had my first "jog" this morning :)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    With a BMI of 27.3 I am still "overwieght" but am closer to "normal" then I am to "obese"
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I benched 95lbs 6 times yesterday at the gym. When I started lifting in April I was only benching 55-60. Loving the gains in seeing on all my lifts! Lift heavy ladies!!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I biked 18.76 miles on my "mountian bike" from walmart at 11mph average pace. Bent rims and all this was a hard task, needless to say its time for a new bike if I want to do distance! Good burn though!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    I biked 18.76 miles on my "mountian bike" from walmart at 11mph average pace. Bent rims and all this was a hard task, needless to say its time for a new bike if I want to do distance! Good burn though!
    That's greati! You will rock it on a road bike!
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can fit comfortable in size 6 pants instead of squeezing into them.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Went to the clothing store and tried on all sorts of clothing - in Mediums - all of them! I was at XL for sooooo long and haven't shopped for so long. I grabbed Large but it all was too big. I just about needed some tissues! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!