Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    How was everyone's Holiday weekend?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Great! Fun and very productive weekend filled with camping, grilling, yardwork, explosives, and all thing 'Murica!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Mine was great! Kid free one night then with the kids we played in the pool and I BBQ 2 night. Great long holiday weekend!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning. I'm glad everyone had a great weekend. Now, it's time to get serious.

I am looking for 20 moms and dads who want to make a change to their health and fitness lifestyle.

The group begins July 27th via Facebook. But first, you have to be committed to getting it done and putting in the effort. A fitness and nutrition plan will be included, but the most important part is the support you'll get from me and my team. We get our crazy and unpredictable lifestyles of raising a family.

Yes, this program will cost money, but nothing compared to what you'd be spending to have a personal trainer and nutrition coach spend as much time with you as I do. How much? That depends on you and the program that fits your needs. Go to my web page and read about the Guardians Challenge.

Fill out the application only if you're ready to do what it takes to make your health a priority.
    I look forward to working with everyone selected and remember to take care of yourself and your families. You all depend on each other.

http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/p/guardians-challenge.html
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I started back up with Insanity Max 30 this morning. Man that one is a butt kicker, So worth it though. Hard to believe you can get as intense of a workout like that in 30 minutes. I had to take my first break at 8 minutes, then a few others every 5 minutes or so. It hurt so go.

How are you all doing? Where's Ron? I haven't heard from him in a while.
  • rowantb
    rowantb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a single dad, pretty much full time with my son! Trying to get more active around his schedule (Work late nights at home when he's asleep) but struggling a bit as I'm constantly exhausted! Seem to be doing well with this, just over two weeks so far.

Looking for more friends to help motivate each other :)

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    rowantb wrote: »
    I'm a single dad, pretty much full time with my son! Trying to get more active around his schedule (Work late nights at home when he's asleep) but struggling a bit as I'm constantly exhausted! Seem to be doing well with this, just over two weeks so far.

Looking for more friends to help motivate each other :)

How old is your boy?

Mine are 7 (boy), 5 (girl), and 1 (boy) and we do calisthenics in the morning and do some sort of activity at night. The favorite are night time bike patrols - I picked up flashing red lights for them and we go on neighborhood watch, pick up litter, etc.
  • vantastic852
    vantastic852 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mom #5373838 to this post :). Three boys here , 18, 16 and 13. Think I'm here cause it makes me feel good know I am not the only one that struggles to find time for myself! I thought that when they got older it might be a little easier but Nope lol!! How do you all manage the time to focus on yourself and your health without feeling like i abandon my family if I want to go to gym :). Any feedback would be great !
  • rowantb
    rowantb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

How old is your boy?

Mine are 7 (boy), 5 (girl), and 1 (boy) and we do calisthenics in the morning and do some sort of activity at night. The favorite are night time bike patrols - I picked up flashing red lights for them and we go on neighborhood watch, pick up litter, etc.

He's just under two a half! Sounds great, such a good idea!

The best way to try and combine time with him and exercise at the moment is getting him to chase me whilst roaring at me lol Or a kick about at a local park but it never amounts to much. Looking forward to him being for confident on a bike!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

How old is your boy?

Mine are 7 (boy), 5 (girl), and 1 (boy) and we do calisthenics in the morning and do some sort of activity at night. The favorite are night time bike patrols - I picked up flashing red lights for them and we go on neighborhood watch, pick up litter, etc.[/quote]

Neighborhood watch sounds like a great idea. I might have to do that with my son. Except, I work evenings now :neutral:
    Mom #5373838 to this post :). Three boys here , 18, 16 and 13. Think I'm here cause it makes me feel good know I am not the only one that struggles to find time for myself! I thought that when they got older it might be a little easier but Nope lol!! How do you all manage the time to focus on yourself and your health without feeling like i abandon my family if I want to go to gym :). Any feedback would be great !

Sometimes you have to give up something to fit in fitness and healthy habits. I don't watch TV much anymore and give up about an hour of sleep to get up early and get my workouts done before the kids are up, or get other chores done, and then while they are just waking up get my workout done. my workouts only take 30-45 minutes, so it doesn't take to much out of my day. I also schedule it all. I have it on my calendar on my phone when I will exercise, and make that an appointment for myself, that way I know I will get it done. Maybe you could try that.

• MikePXstream
    Options
    What are your plans for the weekend? My wife and I are able to get away to the mountains. NO KIDS! A friend of ours is getting married. So looking forward to connecting more with the love of my life!
  • jenneliz38
    jenneliz38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mom of two and stepmom of 2 here! Anyone can add me if they want!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm baaaaaack! We went to Paris for vacation. Ate a lot of good food, drank a lot of good wine, and did a LOT of walking! Paris got hit with a bad heat wave, and they have never heard of air conditioning there, or so it seems. By the time we came back I lost two pounds from all the walking and sweating. I drank a lot of water, as did my younger son, who was the thirsty one.

Family vacations can get dicey when one child is more interested in a particular activity (like a museum) than another. We soaked up whatever culture we could before the tantrums started. Having a water bottle that was partly filled with water and then frozen helped, almost as a pacifier.

Oddly enough, for all the reputation the French have for rich food, they don't really eat that much of it all the time. The diet is actually pretty healthy and rich in protein, vegetables, etc. We also saved money by going to bakeries and getting French baguette sandwiches to share. I have to say that it is easy to go light on the cheese and mayo if you know what you are doing. They also eat salads, but the dressings are not that heavy, mainly oil and vinegar oriented.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Awesome. Welcome back Ron. Glad you and your family had a great time!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I just had my butt handed to me by the man Shaun T in a LIVE Insanity workout. What an awesome experience. He got right in fron of my friend and I during the middle of the workout. She and Shaun T were head to head doing plank punches!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    My mind is just blown right now. These past 4 days have just been amazing. I met and saw people that have lost over 100 lbs just by exercising and getting good whole food nutrition in their bodies. No gimmicks, no weird pills or diets. I met people on the opposite side that had eating disorders and were literally starving themselves to death that learned how to properly provide their bodies with good nutrition and get healthier that way. The list goes on and on. I took many notes in hopes that I can share this information and continue to help inspire and support as many people as I can.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

Likewise! I was working at home today but also had to play "Mr. Mom" for a bit. This cut into my walking plans, but I managed to make up for it this evening. Do you find you eat more when the kids are around?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    Happy Monday everyone!

Likewise! I was working at home today but also had to play "Mr. Mom" for a bit. This cut into my walking plans, but I managed to make up for it this evening. Do you find you eat more when the kids are around?

I don't surprisingly. In fact, some times I will forget to make th kids lunch on time.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    My Workout this past Saturday, with 25,000 others. It was awesome!

jyllrze9sc83.jpg
This discussion has been closed.