30 Day Shred starting June 1st, 2011 - who's with me?

Options

Replies

• LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Ok all..i'm super excited about this! And a little afraid! I took a desk job a couple of years ago (constant snacking!) and though i'm still considered within my "healthy BMI range", my weight has sneakily crept up nearly 20lbs...all in my belly/hips/bum & thighs of course!! And I feel soooo out of shape/sluggish now, it's ridiculous.

I don't see that anyone else has done it yet so, I guess i'll be the first to put my measurements in?

To start, i'm 5'1 (and a half!), and i'm 126.3lbs
    Goal weight: I'm going to say 115 - that would be losing half the weight I gained. Though i'd be over the moon just to tone up the belly and FEEL more in shape again regardless of what the scale says!

Waist: 29" (natural waist)
    Belly: 34" (where my pants sit..just below belly button)
    Hips: 37"

Best of luck to everyone! It's insane hot here this week so I have a feeling i'm going to need it! :)
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    Good luck guys. I've completed 27 workouts over the last 30 days, 10 at each of levels 1 and 2 and 7 of level 3 so I am nearly done. When taking measurements I suggest you also measure upper arm and thigh (for consistency each time you measure let your arm hang and measure your thigh where the tip of your thumb is). A lot of the exercises target your shoulders/arm and your butt/legs (think lunges and squats LOTS OF THEM) and it is these areas that I've seen the greatest reduction.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I will start with you, I started earlier this month but due to injury haven't been able to do it. I should be back up and running by Wed June 1st =)
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 348
    Options
    I had planned to start on Wednesday so I would love to join if I can! :)
  • femmecyclist
    femmecyclist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    dexters...try amazon online u should be able to buy it there..oh and count me in! I just bought the DVD yesterday!
  • rachael0008
    rachael0008 Posts: 10
    Options
    Count me in! Just went and bought the DVD today!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 days of the Shred, so in all fairness these were my weight and measurements when I started:

Weight: 168.8
    Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 43
    Thighs: 23

I will get really discouraged if I post my measurements every week, so I would rather do a post of my measurements when I finish each level or the whole program (if that's okay). I will post my weight each week, but probably on Sundays if that's okay. :)

Since starting the Shred, my weight went down 1 lb, so I'm currently 167.8 as of yesterday.
  • staywithit
    staywithit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in.....

I signed up for Mays 30 DS and only made the first week, did other workouts instead... I bought Zumba Wii, which is quite fun, however am determined to stick with the 30 DS.

I did my first work out today and actually went onto level 2!!!
  • swampole70704
    Options
    What would you put this under on the exercise tracker?

I have it on my on demand, so I'll be doing it on there! :D Hopefully, it will be on there for 30 days so I dont get confused if I end up having to buy it! haha
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm in. Just started tonight. Going away in 21 days, so I'm doing the 21-day shred. Level 1 Day 1 (today), Level 2- 10days and Level 3-10days. Hopefully I can hack it. I've been doing bootcamps, so I'm hopeful.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I'd like to know how to track this as well.
    6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • BomDiggity
    BomDiggity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll start it too!! I have the DVD. it's unopened, of course.....

Thanks for the motivation!!
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm DOWN! I'll have to manage during a family vacay, but I'm going to be committed!!!!!!!!!! Super pumped!!! Starting weight 143, hips 38.5, waist 26!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    lets go people, its time to face the 30 day shred dun dun dunnn :bigsmile:
    Weigh In / Measurements will be every Wednesday, if that works for you! Not required of course..

members so far
    fatty2fabby
    michelle_maresh
    jodieunited
    adrianamezam
    chezkie
    MFP1984
    gumbylvr
    JennyJH
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    lets go people, its time to face the 30 day shred dun dun dunnn :bigsmile:
    Weigh In / Measurements will be every Wednesday, if that works for you! Not required of course..

members so far
    fatty2fabby
    michelle_maresh
    jodieunited
    adrianamezam
    chezkie
    MFP1984
    gumbylvr
    JennyJH
    ops :)
    I am in :)
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'll have to start late as my copy is still in the mail :'(

Good luck to everyone! :D
  • Tereztaylor07
    Tereztaylor07 Posts: 200
    Options
    Count me in! I never work past Level 1, so this will be great motivation to do the whole program. This is my first time joining anything on MFP, so that's kinda exciting too.

Beginning measurements- 196.4 lbs
    Muffin top measurement-42 inches.
  • Beautifulsmiley
    Beautifulsmiley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! We are doing Biggest Loser at my job and we have exactly 4 weeks left so this is perferct! I'm in the lead with 4.7% lost so far, but this weekend was not too good for me with the holiday and all...super excited about the 30DS! Good luck everyone