You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    when you weigh your cherries, eat them, and then weigh the leftover stems and seeds because the calories for the extra 5 grams is very important.

Totally.
  • slschantz
    slschantz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ...when you carefully cut and measure all of the vegetables and ingredients for a week's worth of salad lunches and then proceed to pack all accompanying dressings and other lunch items and label them (oh, and put in the day's snacks as well). AND log the week's lunches too:)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    when you weigh your cherries, eat them, and then weigh the leftover stems and seeds because the calories for the extra 5 grams is very important.

Totally.
    I couldn't make myself weigh the cherry debris so I'd weigh out my portion and then add an extra cherry to account for the pits instead. B) lol Like that was any better.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    When I lick the yogurt off the pull off foil lid.

Those are my calories and if I have to log them...I'm going to eat every last one of them.

I do that!

And when I have a steak I weigh it cooked, then weigh the stuff I trim off and subtract it

Que Monty Python: "every calories sacred, every calories great. When a calorie's wasted, I get quite irate'"

I will never be able to get that song out of my head now! :)
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    I have completely given up my "no cell phone" rule when I'm around other people. I always hated our society's obsession with their phones-and have never given into it. Until MFP. Logging was enough, but once I discovered the forums I officially became one of them.

Actually the reverse happened to me. Part of why I feel comfortable with logging my food now is because I use my phone a lot more often. The thought of pulling out my phone and someone seeing that i was keeping track of how many calories I was eating terrified me. Now I just don't give a *kitten*. Well I kinda still do, just not nearly as much :smile:
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When your food scale breaks and you get irrationally sad and annoyed that you won't be able to log accurately for two days until Amazon delivers the new one you ordered.

(Me today! :s )
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Cherry/Olive pitter saved me this summer. I'm not into useless kitchen gadgets that collect dust, I use this all the time! Stem and pitt the cherry/olive, then weigh.

Not the exact one I have but close: bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/42072-oxo-good-grips-cherry-olive-pitter.html
  • michelegreen99
    michelegreen99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When you take everything out out a "take home" salad box and weigh it to be sure you are counting it right...
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    When you take everything out out a "take home" salad box and weigh it to be sure you are counting it right...

Baha, I do that with my boyfriend's leftovers that he leaves me from his work lunches. I'll take apart the tacos and weigh the meat and cheese or gyro meat, whatever.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    When you can't make a cake, bake a pan of brownies, rasberry streusal tarts, cupcakes, casseroles, or a 16qt batch of italian sauce without weighing & recipe calculating every.single.ingredient pre-cooked and post-cooked and logging it into the recipe section of your food log. B)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When you whip out a notebook and pen at the buffet to log all of your food choices.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When your food scale breaks and you get irrationally sad and annoyed that you won't be able to log accurately for two days until Amazon delivers the new one you ordered.

(Me today! :s )

When it happened to me I ran to the store to buy one before dinner, lol.
  • catedesimone
    catedesimone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

YES. Ha!
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    When you are wondering how many calories are in your fruit infused water, and how to log it haha.
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    nks798 wrote: »
    When you know what you are eating the next day.. or at least some of it and log it the night before :P

This for sure
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    When you take pictures of your plate at an unfamiliar restaurant so you can reconstruct the contents later.