FINALLY GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!

Options

Replies

• JeremiahEarl
    JeremiahEarl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    Well done.

I'm as charming as **** but I got married before I got fat. After I put on weight, I genuinely felt invisible, not that I was looking. However now, I'm definitely getting more attention.

Definitely! Unfortunately, people do notice you A LOT more if you are fit. BUT being fit benefits you in more ways then just looks :)
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    Just don't be a dick

Got it!
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    Every mature person in a stable relationship will simply say "be the best version of yourself". Then hopefully when you have an off day (you get yelled at by your boss or get a parking ticket you didn't deserve) she'll know that you're a decent guy and will put up with you. Ask her questions and listen.

(Also it wasn't relevant during my dating days, but turn off your smart phone. Was in a restaurant recently with my daughter and a couple were on a date beside me. The guy turned off his phone in front of the date at the start...absolute killer move.)

Wow! That is incredibly helpful. Thanks
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Just go slowly and pay attention to her. You might listen to that song, Dear Future Husband as well. :)B)<3:o:D
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    Just get the basics out of the way. How often can we have sex? What cleaning am I responsible for? What bills do I pay? Probably in that order. Everything else will work itself out.

Right on!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your new self confidence. It must be showing.

You could maybe ask her how she is with money, if she wants kids, if she's hoping to be married some day, if religion is important to her, what she wants out of life... you know... get the big stuff out of the way so you know if you're compatible/looking for the same thing right now.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your personality couldn't find you a good woman, so you managed to find someone who is more interested in your physique.

50514_106660512697064_2240691_n.jpg
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just don't be a dick
    Awesome.
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    That was your confidence, not your looks.
    If it's because of your looks, then she's not worth more than.....

Agreed. Before I talked to her I told myself, "20 seconds of of embarrassing confidence." And it worked :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just get the basics out of the way. How often can we have sex? What cleaning am I responsible for? What bills do I pay? Probably in that order. Everything else will work itself out.

LOL I wish I could get that sort of clarity out of my boyfriend! That's just too d**m easy!
  • JeremiahEarl
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Congratulations. Your personality couldn't find you a good woman, so you managed to find someone who is more interested in your physique.

50514_106660512697064_2240691_n.jpg

Not exactly, looks get a girl, but personality keeps one. That is why I started this thread :)

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Coffee is now all over my keyboard...thanks a lot!!

OP: This pretty much covers it, though. Have fun!!!

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Jeremiah, you remind me of my boyfriend, haha. Don't be a push over, but pick your fights carefully. Don't nag and nickpick, if you won't even be thinking about what's bothering you in a couple hours/tomorrow don't make a big deal about it or mention it. Timing is everything when asking questions. Like my BF knows not to ask me anything right when I get off work, he lets me change, shower, sit down, then he asks me - I do the same for him.
    Every mature person in a stable relationship will simply say "be the best version of yourself". Then hopefully when you have an off day (you get yelled at by your boss or get a parking ticket you didn't deserve) she'll know that you're a decent guy and will put up with you. Ask her questions and listen.

(Also it wasn't relevant during my dating days, but turn off your smart phone. Was in a restaurant recently with my daughter and a couple were on a date beside me. The guy turned off his phone in front of the date at the start...absolute killer move.)

Aw, all this!! Esp the first part.
  • JeremiahEarl
    edited July 2015
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Congrats on your new self confidence. It must be showing.

You could maybe ask her how she is with money, if she wants kids, if she's hoping to be married some day, if religion is important to her, what she wants out of life... you know... get the big stuff out of the way so you know if you're compatible/looking for the same thing right now.

Great starting questions! Ur a life saver :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    How was your day? How can I help? What do you need from me? I'm on my way home do you need me to pick up anything on my way? she should be saying the same.
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    Hoppymom wrote: »
    How was your day? How can I help? What do you need from me? I'm on my way home do you need me to pick up anything on my way? she should be saying the same.

Nice! Have been getting that general vibe of making it about her (her needs/interests) above mine. Thanks!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Wait, how did you get a girlfriend without knowing how to ask questions?

his looks?
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think getting in shape and feeling good about the way you look helps to improve your confidence and self esteem...this was probably a big factor. Positive encourages positive. Great job on your dedication to get in shape and be a better you.
  • JeremiahEarl
    Options
    I think getting in shape and feeling good about the way you look helps to improve your confidence and self esteem...this was probably a big factor. Positive encourages positive. Great job on your dedication to get in shape and be a better you.

Yes completely! Honestly, my confidence came from me looking in the mirror. Not the best kind, but it gave me confidence none the less. Maybe down the road my looks won't affect how I feel about myself and how I interact with others.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Practice these two words very often, "yes, dear".

<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!