From 511 to 175: a 336 lb loss over 5 years

Options

Replies

• lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    TisMeEggin wrote: »
    Congratulations on a TOTALLY awesome job!!! And, thank you for sharing your "journey to a healthy you"! :)
    I have enjoyed your pics, videos, magazine article, and interview as well as your comments and encouragement to others! You are a much needed inspiration! Thank you for sharing your experience, knowledge, strength, encouragement, positive attitude and wonderful smile!!! I'm quite sure you have inspired many! I know you have inspired me!
    Enjoy your wonderful success, you certainly deserve it!

Another comment that got me all teared up. Thank you, it is my hope to inspire - to show that with focus and believing in yourself it can be done.

I had 8 weeks in April of 2014 where the scale simply would not budge. I didn't give up, I pushed harder and the drought of fat loss ended.

I had so many possible crutches I could have used: bad knees, no radial head in one of my arms, losing weight at 40 is hard, etc. I refused to use any 'crutch of excuse' and remained positive.
  • ms_shegetsfit07
    ms_shegetsfit07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5ltpcp5pp773.jpg
    ypt0bir6w1tl.jpg
    9026e84p8lv5.jpg
    In 2010 I weighed 511 lbs. during a health crisis i flatlined. They brought me back. I resolved to get fit in my forties. I began watching what and how much I ate and began making exercise a priority and also present.
    I had a sustained weight loss of 1.5 lbs per week.

• ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's not only an amazing story of weight loss, but a story of an incredible will to live. You are truly an inspiration, and I am glad you shared your story.

Maybe I missed this, but were you able to get a new job?
  • lesstratford
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    Maybe I missed this, but were you able to get a new job?

Yes, it took about 9 months but I got a job

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! So inspiring and congratulations!
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Jesus this is so good! You should be really, really proud of yourself! What a bloke!
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you have accomplished this, there's nothing you can't do. Nothing!
  • slomeli79
    slomeli79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You rock, Les! :)
  • lesstratford
    Options
    slomeli79 wrote: »
    You rock, Les! :)

Thanks, Sam
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    This is so incredible - major kudos for your dedication and efforts. You look unbelievable :smile: and quite dashing with those glasses :blush: Bravo!
  • lesstratford
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    This is so incredible - major kudos for your dedication and efforts. You look unbelievable :smile: and quite dashing with those glasses :blush: Bravo!

Thank you. Kind of you to say

• sandibraymer71
    sandibraymer71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOW & CONGRATULATIONS!! You must feel like a new person and you look fantastic!!! Kudos to you!! :)
  • arush18
    arush18 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration. I'm just trying to start off and find it at times to be overwhelming , but looking at you gives me hope to keep going forward to a healthier life. Any body can start over.
  • t_ampz
    t_ampz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    xry0av7jwp33.jpg

How did you go about losing it?
  • lesstratford
    Options
    Watching what and how much I ate and walking and gym :)
  • jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your amazing story! Sure did motivate me!
  • lesstratford
    Options
    jumpybeans wrote: »
    Thanks so much for sharing your amazing story! Sure did motivate me!

Well thanks, you are welcome. If I can inspire or motivate it makes me happy.
  • Blubberboss
    Blubberboss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW in the highest degree! :) The 20 more lbs I need to lose were looking like a huge mountain to me. Now I realize I was just being a wimp.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Just one word comes to mind - WOW! Simply WOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!