Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but I keep getting very out of breath. When I was trying to fall asleep last night I started to have a panic attack and kept scaring myself before I could drift off... thinking I couldn't breathe. Now I'm just sitting down and it feels harder to breathe than usual. My heart rate has also increased.

I'm guessing it's from the coffee. It wasn't like this before I started drinking it again. Not going to lie... it's pretty scary.

EDIT: I have anxiety issues, so maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

I take Prozac for anxiety because the same things happen to me. I really limit my caffeine because panic attacks are scary! Just concentrate on your breathing and hang in there :)

This.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have not been pushing myself as much as I feel I should with the exercise because, I feel I am scared to see the results. If that makes any sense?? I have lived in this fat suit for so long now, it's like my personal protective gear. I want to lose this weight, but I think I am a bit scared to see the actual results.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    General question: do you prefer working out in the morning or in the evening? Or does it matter to you?

I find I have a much harder time motivating myself to work out in the evenings, after my regular work day. I'm taking the "evening workout slot" though because my husband really wants the morning time (we use a stationary recumbent bike for cardio). I trust my commitment enough that I know I'll be ok switching to evening workouts, it just requires soooo much more motivation/effort. :)

Morning for me... and I am soooo not a morning person.

I was having a difficult time working out consistently when I left it until the evening. There were so many evenings I had to skip because of other commitments, then the ones when I was just too tired, or I ate a big supper and felt like a beached whale then by the time I was able to think about exercising -- whoops! -- it was bedtime, blah blah.

Mornings have no competing demands. I get up 45 minutes earlier than my usual to fit in that workout.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    General question: do you prefer working out in the morning or in the evening? Or does it matter to you?

I find I have a much harder time motivating myself to work out in the evenings, after my regular work day. I'm taking the "evening workout slot" though because my husband really wants the morning time (we use a stationary recumbent bike for cardio). I trust my commitment enough that I know I'll be ok switching to evening workouts, it just requires soooo much more motivation/effort. :)

I work out Tuesdays at 7 pm, Fridays at 5 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays usually morning or afternoon. I tried to do mornings during the week but I hated it!

Evenings during the week. Mornings on weekends.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    *posting slumped over table*

Migraine last night. Ended up in bed at 8:30pm, slept all the way through til 7:30am, and I still have a headache.

I was supposed to go for an hour's practice at the rink this morning followed by orienteering, but...uerrrrrrgh.

Is this what being hungover feels like? If so, why do people do this to themselves?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I weighed out a raw chicken breast & intended to put it in my diary this morning & let it thaw. Do you think I remembered to put it in my diary? Nope! Instead I cooked it & just put in the cooked weight in.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today is Free tea Day at McAlister's, $1 regular coney day at Sonic, and free turnover, lava cake, or shake day at Arby's. I'm tempted to go to all of these places just for free/cheap food.

Why didn't I read this before I left to drive home earlier:(. I could've went to Arby's for a free shake :'(.

Did you end up getting any of the free food?

Just free tea. It wasn't even good. I was disappointed.

Ugh I hate when something isn't worth the calories or not as good as you remembered it.

I bought no salt added cottage cheese to try & it's so abysmal tasting! I think I am going to add some Stevia to it the next time.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Confession; I've been working out a lot less recently since starting my new job (it's part time, but relatively active- kitchen work often including clean down/hauling cookers/fryers about/running about making orders etc, so can be a bit tiring). I've gone from 5 workouts a week to 2 or 3, but I'm still sticking to my calories so it's all good until I get back into the swing of things :)

Also I confess I didn't realise how long it's been since I've checked in here! (thanks to @kelly_c_77 for pointing this out! my excuse is the same as it is for not working out ;) haha) hope everyone is still doing well and hitting their goals! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    We missed you @KrisiAnnH !! So many leople are jumping ship lately :(

If anyone gets too far behind I don't care just post something and jump back in whenever! <3
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You came back @KrisiAnnH !! At least you are still doing some and haven't stopped completely. That is what counts. Good work.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but I keep getting very out of breath. When I was trying to fall asleep last night I started to have a panic attack and kept scaring myself before I could drift off... thinking I couldn't breathe. Now I'm just sitting down and it feels harder to breathe than usual. My heart rate has also increased.

I'm guessing it's from the coffee. It wasn't like this before I started drinking it again. Not going to lie... it's pretty scary.

I take Prozac for anxiety because the same things happen to me. I really limit my caffeine because panic attacks are scary! Just concentrate on your breathing and hang in there :)
    Thank you! I hate panic attacks... :(
    ythannah wrote: »

This is why I had to give up caffeine six years ago, it was causing major physical anxiety symptoms.

Just keep reminding yourself it's not real, it's chemically induced.
    This stuff is so scary! Standing up is suddenly exercise? I wonder if my blood pressure has gone all wacko.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have to say that I'm amused right now. I'm taking my niece and nephew to yard sales tomorrow and one of the ones we are going to is advertised as being Super Great!

@Glinda1971; hopefully, you can find some super great things!

What do you usually look for at yard sales?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Spent over $100 on groceries, went to Taco Bell right afterwards.

I used to do this every time I went to the grocery store. It took junking my car to break me of that habit! I haven't picked it up again, knock on wood.

Confession: We do go out to eat right after (or before depending on how we feel) grocery shopping. :flushed:

We usually do too. Who wants to shop hungry, or cook when you've just spent all that time shopping?! Not me.

We went shopping this week while I was hungry... I bought all the foods! At one point the mancreature looked at me and was like seriously!?

Sidenote: did y'all know there is oreos yogurt?! My inner fat kid nearly died with excitement when I saw them and then my mind was like NO YOU CANNOT HAS!

We make the WORST food choices when we shop hungry. We try really hard not to do any kind of grocery shopping before we eat.

Last night, we had to go to Target to get a baby shower gift for a shower tomorrow. I was fine with that because I was under the impression we were going to eat directly after (I only had a quest bar for lunch and then some cottage cheese for a snack, so I was pretty hungry) so no big deal. Mr. Mo takes FOREVER picking stuff of the registry and I was getting properly irritated with him. We finally choose what to get and head out. Instead of going to eat, he pulls into Lowe's parking lot. I was really annoyed at this point, and throw a little temper tantrum and say, "I knew we should have eaten first!" and slammed the car door. He just stared at me in total disbelieve.

I'm like the Incredible Hulk in a way, except, it's you wouldn't like me when I'm hangry, instead of angry.

I get the same way. In part of your head you KNOW you're being unreasonable, but you have no control over it.

The one day I went with my sister to help her out when her kids had to go to the dentist & she reminded me to eat because I was not nice when I was hangry. There's times I'm so hungry at work that I am shoveling the food in my mouth as fast as I can.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

Confession #2: I don't feel bad about this.

Hey you were still moving:D. How many steps did you end up getting?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @Just_Ceci

Awesome picture & such a sweet memory.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @MoHousdon How many squats do you do? Do you do them every day? Every time I start a squat routine I always end up dropping out of it... but I do want a nice tush :confounded:

To be honest, this is mostly from the squats and lunges incorporated into my HIIT workout. I think there are 2 stations with squats and lunges. I want to start doing squats at the Y, but like I said before, I'm scared of hurting myself. I may be a weirdo, but I really like squats, and I would say they are TOTALLY worth it. Don't give up. We all start somewhere.

@MoHousdon

Awesome progress! I need to start doing resistance training (I keep saying that haha).
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Crazy awesome how easy it is to make meatloaf. Just mix up a bunch of stuff and pop that baby into the oven for an hour.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke Vanilla Coke Zero. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

fixed! :p

I had a lot of trouble finding my beloved Vanilla Coke Zero last time I was in the US (we don't have it here at all)... hope it's not being discontinued.

It's not! My grocery store has it as part of its routine stock.

(1337. Geek speak.)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    So.... the word "syrup." You guys say see-rup or sir-up?

I'm all about sir-up ;)

Sear-up. The "R" goes on the first syllable. ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I'm up to 1342, and I'm going to fall even further behind! We're headed to Hershey Park tomorrow, so I fully expect to walk somewhere between 8-12 miles (we did 10 when we were at CP last fall, and that's a lot more compact) so I'm eating whatever I want!

Fact: People in Hershey look at you weird when you turn down chocolate.