Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg
    I'm learning. I was trying to post dog pictures but I'll post one of my hair. I think I officially have waist length hair finally. I change the length and style quite a bit but I've been enjoying it long so I let it grow. I've never been this long or even close before. Now I'm going in for a trim next week as it has been six months since the last time I had it trimmed. I didn't think it could get this long but it did! I had it in a very short bob in 2011. Edit to add, I didn't have or could not access dog pictures here on this ipad.

confession. I'm ridiculously pleased with myself over my hair growing. I But I have little control over my nails. Brittle and dry and break easily so I have to wear them short.

I guess I could add something weight related. I have maintained a 50+ pound weight loss for more than 12 years.

Lovely hair! I'm hoping when I lose my back fat mine will reach my waist. It only has 4 more inches to reach.

Then I might cut it off and lose ten pounds - I have really thick hair.

Thank you. I don't think I would lose any real weight by cutting my hair - it is very fine and lightweight. That's funny though. Do you get headaches from the weight of your hair? I know some people who cut it because of that.

If I wear it up in a ponytail for too long I do get headaches.

I want to cut it off but I don't want to cut it off at the same time.

I wear a ponytail almost all the time at work for safety. I most enjoy long or very short hair on myself because both take very little daily styling or effort.

Long is definitely easier for me. I have 4 cowlicks in my hair that come out when it's too short. I don't like to do my hair everyday.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

What do you eat for breakfast??

454g (2 cups) of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt, 140g frozen strawberries(defrosted for about 30 seconds..so still slightly frozen, but soft), 10g(2 tbsp.) of Hersheys Special Dark Unsweetened Cocoa, and a generous amount of sweetener(I use Stevia) to taste. Mix it all up...A LOT of food, very filling, and only 330 calories.
    Sometimes if I'm out of strawberries, I'll use chopped raw apple(about 100g), OR 122g(1/2 cup) of canned pumpkin, and cinnamon in place of the cocoa. Also delicious for the same amount of calories.

Ahh, yeah that does sound really good!

I do a 90-minute work out every morning and it's all I think about...like my reward for getting up at 4:00am and busting my butt. It's like a chocolate pudding with strawberries...and so much of it! :) The other ones are good too..like apple pie and pumpkin pie flavored yogurt. Mmmm... now I'm excited for tomorrow morning.

I was on one of those kicks several years ago. But I was doing 90 min. straight cardio sessions on either the treadmill or the elliptical. It was a great stress reliever and I was so physically tired by the end of the day that I slept great! But, for me, I was concerned I was risking an over use injury and was worried that I'd become reliant on that much cardio to maintain my size, so I cut back. Now I do 30 - 40 min. cardio sessions 3 - 4 days per week and lifting is my main source of exercise. I feel better and am really happy to have so much time back in my day, but I do get a little jealous when I see others doing that much.

I'm very shy and would never go to a gym or run outside where people can see me. I also have to work out early in the morning before my son gets up...because my husband is getting ready/going to work. Anyway so yeah, I have to work out at home and always did the treadmill. I never minded it and, as you said, it was a great stress reliever. However, I've now started doing 30 minutes of circuit training(video) and then the remaining time on the treadmill. We have an elliptical too but I almost never use it.
    As you mentioned, I do rely on it to maintain my size. I admit that I do cardio/treadmill so much because of all of the stress/emotional eating I've done over the past year and it's the only way I know I can keep myself from gaining a bunch of weight.
    Every day when I wake up, I have no clue if I'll end up giving in to a binge and killing my calorie goal by 2000-3000. I am jealous that you slept good though...that's something that I struggle with...which also doesn't help when trying to not gain or give into binges.

Good idea to add in circuit training. But from your picture you clearly have nothing to hide by going to a gym or being seen in public! I used to be that way, though, so I understand. Now? Don't care. I work out in the weight room along with all the young men (I go to the gym early to late afternoon and it seems to be all youngsters) and don't care at all. I just do my thing.

Thanks. I've just always been really shy..especially about people looking at me doing things. Like, I HATED gym class where people would see me trying to do a sport...or doing a presentation in a class. I used to hate walking into restaurants, bars, a party or any crowded place first(I always made someone else walk in in front of me...or I'd get there early). Eating in restaurants, I like to face the direction that has the least amount of people facing me. I'm a little better now...my son makes it easier. He's always with me so he gets most of the attention! :)
    But yeah...I wish I could just not care. :neutral:

I wish there was a way to teach people how to not care! I feel like it makes life a little bit easier. I'm on the far side of the end of that spectrum haha I have no shame and give no *kitten* :) Life is too short to worry so much about what others think. I guess it's easier said than done though as my mother says I've been this way since birth haha

Yes, but it can be learned. It took me awhile but most of the time I don't care what people think. Every once in awhile I still do. Maybe one way to start is to validate your feelings and opinions with yourself. You matter.

That's a great way to say it! I 100% agree with you :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    clover157 wrote: »
    Wooow... 2000 new comments when I finally get a chance to have a looksie!! Wish I could binge read them all!!
    I confess, I feel like an idiot. I started the C25K last week and made it through the first week easily, pushed myself too hard even when it hurt and now my knees are so freaking sore I haven't run in 5 days. I've been a bit emotional lately, I even cried that I can't run yet today.
    On the plus side, I've found a super delicious vanilla mug cake recipe :D Cake makes everything better, right?

Would you mind sharing the recipe??
    Soooo tasty. Probably a dangerous recipe to discover, you've been warned ;)
    http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/the-moistest-very-vanilla-mug-cake/

YAY!! Thank you! I can definitely work that into my calories!!! It looks gooooood too! I just wish it didn't have the word "Moist" in the name! I don't care for that word. :(
    Oh- and I appreciate the warning! I hope I don't regret this...

I hate that word too!! My friends say it just to watch me cringe they think I'm so weird, thank god I'm not alone
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.

They depress me because I lost my father 25 years ago and I wish I could buy him a Father's Day gift.

Me too!

So sorry to both of you...that's how it was for me on Mother's Day this year. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.

They depress me because I lost my father 25 years ago and I wish I could buy him a Father's Day gift.

Me too!
    people should never take their loved ones for granted because you never realize how long you have left to spend with them.

THIS!!! :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    My confession today is that I went to ribfest with my daughter and ate at 3pm

a half rack of ribs
    a piece of corn bread
    some crappy loaded fries
    a couple pieces of fire oven pizza
    and a funnel cake with ice cream, strawberries and cream cheese icing

funnelcake_zpsmmq2t8l1.jpg

It is not almost 10:30pm and I am still way too FULL

I regret nothing

OMG!!!! That looks amazing!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

That's what I was wondering...and if so, I'm sorry! :(
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Update on the biopsy, they got the results really fast... and there is no cancer - no concerns! WooHoo! Now time for my weekend to begin.

Awesome!
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Big confession time. I caved and had my favourite takeaway yesterday, a big, fat greasy pizza and garlic bread from my local. My first one in about 6 months, but still feel super guilty. I didn't eat for the rest of the day to try and compensate a little.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    karrie830 wrote: »
    Apparently I spend to much time on facebook where is the like button omg I need the like button and how do I reply to a specific post?

Hit the "quote" button on the bottom of the post you want to reply to. Then it will box it up for you all nice like that ^. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Otherwise known as the amazing phenomenon where you wake up feeling awesome after a hard workout, and then can't move by noon! ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Last night I thought I should get up to exercise at 6:00 A.M. & then thought nope & set my alarm to 7:30 A.M. Wouldn't you know it, but I got up around 6:00 A.M. & thought I would walk on the treadmill for an hour. The funniest thing was I checked the time a few times by lifting my iPad & the last time I checked it was at one hour exactly.

I confess that on my Spotify I have 2,400+ songs liked & usually pass half of them.

The weirdest song I exercised to today was Mike & The Mechanics Silent Running.

Why? I love them. I have their album. Yes. Album.

I have a couple of their albums and Silent Running is on my phone :p

Confession - talking about apps again, I'm so sick of those 'free apps' that you just can't do anything with unless you spend money, especially when they are for kids. Enough said...

a half rack of ribs
    a piece of corn bread
    some crappy loaded fries

I regret nothing

Aaaaaah that sounds awesome!

I found the chocolate Lucky Charms at Target, by the way!

No confession here. I'm just finishing my coffee and I have no idea what I'm going to do today.

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

I don't like sand in my mouth.....let alone in other parts.....yuck!

I'm exactly the same, I have the problem that I love the beach (and live in a place well known for its beautiful beaches) but sand ANYWHERE on my body just makes me really cringe out, its like walking into the kitchen and feeling crumbs on your feet, I just cant stand it and it gets everywhere and is impossible to get off!
    I noticed that there are rare times in the Sims when a character becomes stuck and you can no longer play as them.

I had a family who was having a lot of kids. One time they had twin girls. In the Sims when you have twins, sometimes the family will put one of the babies down on the floor as they prepare to welcome the second baby. They put the first baby on the floor, alright, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get anyone to pick it up. It became stuck there, like a piece of furniture. While all the kids grew up and moved out, and the parents became grandparents (and eventually died), the baby remained on the floor... just looking around contentedly. It didn't die and it didn't age.

.... :neutral:

All this talk of Sims has made me miss it, I used to play it so much as a kid, I think I'm probably going to end up playing it today. If I get nothing productive done I hope you all know I'm holding this thread responsible :D

a half rack of ribs
    a piece of corn bread
    some crappy loaded fries

I regret nothing
    haha whenever I hear 'I regret nothing' it reminds me of this http://i.imgur.com/VQxJV.gif

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    n8rd8wehx63p.jpg
    Ijkcw2wr5gonn.jpg
    tbpnp5giq0e2.jpg
    ok Whahooo I did it. It took both an iphone and an ipad to get it to work but it seems like it worked. I am still inept with this but I can learn. Yay!

So the black poodle is 10.5 years and named Sorcha.
    The dog of unknown origin is 6 or 7 and is our squishy Bruno.

They are both super sweet people and dog friendly dogs.

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm currently growing mine out too but it's no where near as long as yours!!

And your dogs are TOO cute! <3 thank you for posting!
    Thank you and thank you! 5-6 years from this bob (got it cut to that for Halloween and wore the bob awhile then started growing it with no particular goal length).6imyrreinh8a.jpg

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Ok, way behind but I am trying to catch up on 20+ pages!! Had a good trip to the hospital to have my daughters portacath for her meds removed. We are finished with treatment and now that being gone truly makes it official. She is a trooper too. Unfortunately the anesthesia made her sick the rest of the day. So playing nurse to my little one.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok, way behind but I am trying to catch up on 20+ pages!! Had a good trip to the hospital to have my daughters portacath for her meds removed. We are finished with treatment and now that being gone truly makes it official. She is a trooper too. Unfortunately the anesthesia made her sick the rest of the day. So playing nurse to my little one.
    I'm glad she is doing well overall. I hope she feels all better soon!
  • nonoelmo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    2vk0n7u51olx.jpg
    This is my rare Queen of the Night peniocereus greggii. It blooms one night a year. It blooms at or after sunset and the flowers wilt when sunlight touches them. Last night was bloom night. It was rescued with permits from a site that was going to be developed. I have not seen one in the wild, but I may have overlooked it as the cacti itself just looks like graying sticks most of the time. The flowers have a lovely scent.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    2vk0n7u51olx.jpg
    This is my rare Queen of the Night peniocereus greggii. It blooms one night a year. It blooms at or after sunset and the flowers wilt when sunlight touches them. Last night was bloom night. It was rescued with permits from a site that was going to be developed. I have not seen one in the wild, but I may have overlooked it as the cacti itself just looks like graying sticks most of the time. The flowers have a lovely scent.

Wow, that is amazing and beautiful.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!