Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.

Must have been a day for this I came in today with my shirt on backwards lol

LOL! It's happened to me before with the zipper but not the backwards shirt. Hubby did come into the workout room this morning with his shirt on inside out though. Haha!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Please stay safe! We keep seeing all these tornados and flooding and fires on the news here in England and I do always think of you guys, hoping it isn't near any of you. England is pretty safe compared to America.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I usually have too many things I want to make so deciding is hard.

I vote for coconut-caramel ice cream with double chocolate cookies... chocolate, coconut and caramel being my three favourites.

I also vote for inviting me to the dessert portion of the dinner party.

Same
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
    Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

My family has always either said "XYZ" or just "zip your zipper."

Yep, XYZ or the reference to the barn door being open and a horse might get out...
    I liked an elderly Winston Churchill's answer when someone told him his fly was unzipped "Dead birds don't fall out of trees"!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Please stay safe! We keep seeing all these tornados and flooding and fires on the news here in England and I do always think of you guys, hoping it isn't near any of you. England is pretty safe compared to America.
    Well, I remember the hurricane of 1987, so... ;)
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

Or "you're flying low"
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

There was a storm that went through central or southern Alberta yesterday, some of the pictures were nuts! Entire crops were ruined, peoples windows were smashed & trees were stripped of leaves & bark.

Hope your place continues to be okay!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat anything today since nothing was in the apartment... except stuff I didn't want. I went to the grocery and stocked up on some good stuff. Since I ate nothing today I decided ice cream was justified.... I'm really bad at this whole dieting thing. Really bad. And now I feel sick from the sugar :confounded:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.
    No, I didn't think of it!

It looked like the images in this news report: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tornado-warning-ends-as-thunderstorm-brings-hail-north-of-calgary-1.3162634

That's the one! :smile:
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Hahah! Oops!

Or "you're flying low"
    Yes! "..without a license!"
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat anything today since nothing was in the apartment... except stuff I didn't want. I went to the grocery and stocked up on some good stuff. Since I ate nothing today I decided ice cream was justified.... I'm really bad at this whole dieting thing. Really bad. And now I feel sick from the sugar :confounded:

I have a pint of Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough that I am planning on eating as dinner tomorrow. I get ya.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Ha ha *cough* not born yet *cough* but my older brother had just been born.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Hahaha! How long did it take you to notice?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

There was a storm that went through central or southern Alberta yesterday, some of the pictures were nuts! Entire crops were ruined, peoples windows were smashed & trees were stripped of leaves & bark.

Hope your place continues to be okay!
    Thanks - it's all over now. I did see some pictures and one of our friends had damage to their house, but it sounds pretty minor compared to what some people are dealing with.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."
    Inside... for her protection. :)

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg

Gorgeous dog! And black cats are my favorite :heart:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I usually have too many things I want to make so deciding is hard.

I vote for coconut-caramel ice cream with double chocolate cookies... chocolate, coconut and caramel being my three favourites.

I also vote for inviting me to the dessert portion of the dinner party.

Same

Join me on the balcony! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Oh god, I'm so old. I was at university in Brighton! We just walked around for hours the next day amazed at the damage. I have a picture I took of the famous pushed-over telephone boxes (but arty black & white because that was how I rolled in those days).
    Like this
    ekq29vm2a8l2.jpg
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Hahaha! How long did it take you to notice?

As soon as I walked in one of my co-workers told me lol. Good thing she is my person and if anyone gets that reference we can be best friends, Sorry for stealing your line @MoHousdon ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Lois your back! Yay! We missed you!
  • levan11
    levan11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm considering quitting my job because the boss's son in law that just started working here got a bigger annual bonus than me. This wouldn't be such a big deal if a) the son in law wasn't such a pretentious jerkwad and b) the bonus wasn't for the previous year in which HE DID NOT EVEN WORK HERE. I know I should just set my pride aside and be happy with what I did get but man is that hard to do.

Oh, that STINKS like a dairy barn in the hot August sun!!!!

This made me laugh out loud! Thanks for all of your responses. I guess I can always start looking for a fast food job as the minimum wage for fast food workers just got increased to $15 in New York. I get that people need a living wage but to me this is just ridiculous. That was more than I made when I first started working a couple years ago with a masters degree. Can you tell I feel slighted in all sorts of ways today?! Sorry to be such a downer!

I am also one who envy's the heavy lifters. I love the results that are possible but honestly don't think I would enjoy it very much. I've recently joined a bootcamp class where my muscles are always super sore afterwards so maybe I've found a happy medium. Crossing my fingers I see results soon!