Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."
    Inside... for her protection. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    H
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather
    Starts at 0?? Update for Western Canada:
    -0 to -10C - Getting chilly - maybe wear a jacket out. Gloves too, if it's windy. T-shirt ok if it's still and sunny.
    -10 to -15C - Really should wear a jacket. Snow boots too, possibly.
    -15 to -20C - Ok, now it's getting a bit cold. Don't hang around too long outside.
    -20 to -30C - Ugh, Calgary weather! Do not lick lampost. Very fast dog walks.
    -30 to -40C - Time to hibernate with Netflix.
    -40 and colder - YOU DIE!!!!

Ha ha well I started at 0 because 0-3C is freezing point I can't remember it ever getting below -10c
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 and @kelly_c_77 so glad I am not alone on the protein bar thing. I was starting to feel a bit freakish lol
    Add me to the club. I bought a couple - VERY expensive - and did not find them worth it.

Same here. I bought several flavors at Academy to try a while ago, they were on sale for $2 each. Not worth it for me. I wasn't a fan.
    Another nice new profile pic! You look great!

Thanks! I had to take a picture yesterday since I was wearing a dress that I thought was still too small for me. :)

Cute pic and an NSV - you win!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."

So scary!! Stay safe. I think I'd sleep with the dog inside.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

Glad you are ok and that you moved the car in time. I love my car so much and would hate to have it damaged by hail. It seems like almost everyone in my state has hail damage now (my other car has it :( ). Golf ball sized hail is huge!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.

Confession: I've done that a couple times. :( The first time was the worst because I know for sure someone saw me (I wondered why this guy looked at me funny). My tucked in shirt was hanging out of the front of the pants.

I REALLY hope you caught it before anyone saw.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
    Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

My family has always either said "XYZ" or just "zip your zipper."
  • FroggyBug
    Options

That was my thinking too.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Must have been a day for this I came in today with my shirt on backwards lol
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Hahaha! That made me laugh out loud!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Start slow and work your way up! This is one thing that I really like about Stronglifts - it has you start with the empty bar so you can practice good form before it gets heavy (well not all the way empty for deadlifts and rows, but that's because it needs to be off the ground). I do love a work-out buddy though...move to eastern Washington :)

Tempting.

I think I just need to download SL app and start there. I don't have any other friends that work out so I don't have anyone that could be my work out buddy. I guess I could always find some random gym stranger that looks like they know what they're doing to help me. Maybe if I found some hot gym guy, Mr. Mo would be more willing to work out with me. :wink:

Random gym strangers are usually very happy to help. The Stronglifts website has TONS of videos and pdfs you can download that go through what your form should be like in super high detail. I really like the simplicity of the program and app. Go for it Mo! (and good luck finding a hot gym man to help "encourage" Mr. Mo ;) )[/quote]

I learnt everything from the stronglifts video and I referred back to the do's and don't whenever something didn't feel right or I wasn't sure. Overhead presses were the hardest one to learn for me. I get a lot of encouragement from the lads around me now they have seen me enough to know I'm dedicated to it.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Mo I thought you did do heavy lifting?

Nope. I do a HIIT workout 3 times a week. Weights are incorporated, but definitely not heavy ones. Does it LOOK like I do heavy lifting, because if so, then YAY!

Who my gosh it does! It totally does!

Thanks! I can't imagine how buff I'd be if I DID start lifting heavy.

Can you tell us more about the HIIT workouts??
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg

I WANT!!!! Bull mastiffs are my favorite - she is so freaking cute. I think I'd keep her inside for protection, and probably let her sleep with me if I didn't think that would create a habit of her wanting to be on the bed.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh my word @quiksylver296 I want your dog!! <3<3
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Mo I thought you did do heavy lifting?

Nope. I do a HIIT workout 3 times a week. Weights are incorporated, but definitely not heavy ones. Does it LOOK like I do heavy lifting, because if so, then YAY!

Who my gosh it does! It totally does!

Thanks! I can't imagine how buff I'd be if I DID start lifting heavy.

Exactly! I don't even have that body and I DO lift!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Start slow and work your way up! This is one thing that I really like about Stronglifts - it has you start with the empty bar so you can practice good form before it gets heavy (well not all the way empty for deadlifts and rows, but that's because it needs to be off the ground). I do love a work-out buddy though...move to eastern Washington :)

Tempting.

I think I just need to download SL app and start there. I don't have any other friends that work out so I don't have anyone that could be my work out buddy. I guess I could always find some random gym stranger that looks like they know what they're doing to help me. Maybe if I found some hot gym guy, Mr. Mo would be more willing to work out with me. :wink:

Ummm, NO! If she moves anywhere, she's moving to Boise!

Not if Mr. Mo has anything to say about it. He's got his heart set on moving to Florida. He LOVES it there.

@quiksylver296 if I move to Washington, I'd be closer to you than I am now and you've never offered to be my work out buddy, like @WestCoastJo82 .

I thought we were at a point in our relationship, Mo, where it was just a given. Mayhap I presumed too much. LOL

You have to say the words, Willow. :wink:

I would be HONORED to work out with any of you hard bodies. I am always so intimidated by the ladies I see lifting in the gym. There was one there Saturday that I just kept staring at. She probably thought I was some weirdo. I mean, I AM, but that's not why I was staring.

I've done this too. There's a woman I've seen at my gym, she's got perfect hair, perfect makeup, she's absolutely ripped and just starts busting out sets of chin ups like it's no big deal. I was like "You are my new gym idol" (in my head, I wouldn't say that to someone I didn't know lol)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

My family has always either said "XYZ" or just "zip your zipper."

Yep, XYZ or the reference to the barn door being open and a horse might get out...

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

So scary!! Stay safe. I think I'd sleep with the dog inside.

Oooh, @quiksylver296 That's scary. I think I wouldn't sleep at all, so may as well have the dog inside for the company.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Tempting.

Ummm, NO! If she moves anywhere, she's moving to Boise!

Not if Mr. Mo has anything to say about it. He's got his heart set on moving to Florida. He LOVES it there.

@quiksylver296 if I move to Washington, I'd be closer to you than I am now and you've never offered to be my work out buddy, like @WestCoastJo82 .

I thought we were at a point in our relationship, Mo, where it was just a given. Mayhap I presumed too much. LOL

You have to say the words, Willow. :wink:

I would be HONORED to work out with any of you hard bodies. I am always so intimidated by the ladies I see lifting in the gym. There was one there Saturday that I just kept staring at. She probably thought I was some weirdo. I mean, I AM, but that's not why I was staring.

I have always felt pretty comfortable in the weight room, because I took a weightlifting class in high school and was taught my way around. I am always pleased to see new women in the weight room (when they are actually trying, and not just trying to pick up the guys).

I'm still new to the weight room (just started in March). I see these other women being shown the facility and I wonder what I look like to them. Maybe I look comfortable, but it wasn't always that way, so I try to put on a friendly face toward them to hopefully help them feel welcome.