Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    crzyone wrote: »
    I have a fear of running out of toiletries so I usually buy three or four at a time and I consider myself "out and need to buy" when I use the next to the last one. I think I go through about a stick of deodorant in a couple of months. I'm really paranoid, too, about stinking so I slather it on. I sometimes wonder if it is helping though. :( No one runs from me either (like someone said about) so I hop it is working. Maybe I'm just really paranoid. LOL

I have the same problem. I do sweat a lot so I use a lot of deodorant and I'm always thinking, "oh no, I hope I don't smell bad." It's a big fear of mine.

I got through a stick in about 2 months.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

Me too and in my line of work it's certainly helpful :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Welcome back @Lois_1989 :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @pofoster21 Your spreadsheets are amazing :) That takes some dedication
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

Me too!! Although it was introduced when I was quite young but my parents use imperial.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I love that you now have a profile pic!!!

I noticed that too. Awesome. :) Nice picture!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I finally made a doctor appointment about my extreme loss of appetite. I go on August 3rd. Hopefully she'll test my leptin, ghrelin, and TSH levels because last time I had a blood test done none of those were tested.

Good luck, keep us updated on how you are.

+1

• MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8, how was your weekend/riding all the rollercoasters (can't remember the name of where you went)? Did I miss an update?

No you didn't miss an update we didn't get to go as it stormed really bad on Sunday :( We definitely made up for it though! Went shopping and bought some new dresses for my trip! Used my coupon at Yankee Candle (have I mentioned I'm obsessed with scents?) then we went bowling, had pizza, and got ice cream for national ice cream day! Haha so sad I didn't get to go to King's Island but we made up for it! Thanks for asking!

Post these in the random pictures thread in the batcave. Please. :blush:

Your day sounded fun regardless.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird Great new profile pic - very pretty!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a dress today, which I don't do very often. I am now wondering why I don't wear them more often- so comfortable and cool in this wicked heat!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    labohn91 wrote: »
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.
    Haha! People probably think this is why I cut off one of the earbuds on all my sets of headphones. It is NOT. The reasons are two-fold: 1. I'm deaf in one ear so putting that one in is pointless and 2. It stops my kids from stealing my headphones. :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just popping in to see how everyone is? I've been a bit absent recently because I've been so busy at work and working out, I pretty much spend the rest of the time sleeping! lol But I have pretty much caught up with everything at work and may have a bit of spare time.
    I still can't really afford to be caught on the internet though, the company is preparing to give someone the boot and he will go down swinging with anything he can find, so I can't give him ammo. I can't be back late from the gym, I can't be on time for work I have to be early and no private conversations or texting on the mobile. I can't put even a toe out of line. And god forbid I make a mistake!
    Who says the bosses daughter gets an easy time?!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.

It's pretty easy for me because I'm the only one that really touches the food. My husband doesn't cook or buy groceries so everything that is purchased or used is done so by me. No matter how often I tell him otherwise, he always thinks he needs to tell me when he eats something, too, which is kind of hilarious. "Just so you know, I ate some Doritos and olives last night after you went to bed." I'm like, okay...? He knows I don't eat either of those things so it's not like he's messing up my dinner plans. I think he's just trying to help me with my mental inventory so I know when we're out and need to buy him more snacks, but sometimes I have to say "Honey, you're an adult, they're your groceries too, and you don't need my permission to eat whatever you feel like." He's so funny.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    In good news, I finally told my work today about the 'being with child' and it was fine. A couple of them had guessed since at nearly 16 weeks I am developing a mini-pouch. Nice to not have to hold my belly in all the time anymore!

I feel like I have been living a lie though, with everyone on here thinking I'm Spa Marie. MFP won't allow hyphens and Spammarie looked weird to me!
    It's great that telling work was ok. Will you get decent maternity leave? Do you plan to keep working after the baby?

Yes, your name is a LIE!! You'll be 'Spammy' to me from now on!

We do have statutory maternity pay and leave in the UK. It's rubbish compared to some other European countries, but obviously way better than the States.

I'll get 90% of my salary for 6 weeks, then £138/week (that's about $220) for up to the next 33 weeks, which is the bare legal minimum. I am also entitled to take a full 12 months off and expect to come back to my job, although I won't be paid for the remainder. The £138/week hurts though. I'm hoping we can afford for me to stay home for 9 months. After that I really hope I can negotiate a part-time return (I'm thinking 3 days a week) as childcare will be quite astronomical and I just don't want to leave a little baby for that long. But we'll see, I haven't discussed my return to work with my employers yet. I hope they'll be receptive since they've invested quite a lot in training me.
    Although I'm in Canada now, I had all three of my kids in the UK, but since the youngest is 14 I wondered if things had improved in that time. Sounds like not that much, although I could only have 6 months away, not a year. I'm glad that's improved.

If you can possibly swing it to go back to work part-time, that is SUCH a win-win, in my opinion. If you can find reasonably affordable childcare (somewhere that you like and trust), I truly believe it's good for everyone. The baby makes friends and sees a world outside your family, and you get to talk to adults, wear nice shoes and go to the bathroom by yourself for a few days a week. Top tip: try to avoid doing 'mornings only' or something similar, because it's the getting out of the house in the morning that's the big challenge. I did Monday - Wednesday and it was perfect! I hope you can find a good solution that works for your family!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 and @kelly_c_77 so glad I am not alone on the protein bar thing. I was starting to feel a bit freakish lol
    Add me to the club. I bought a couple - VERY expensive - and did not find them worth it.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

Holy wow. I am no-where near those statistics! That is impressive! I can deadlift 70Kg, today was my first squat at 60Kg, but I can only bench 32.5Kg. I started on 35Kg, but I could only just finish the first set so I put it back down to 32.5. :disappointed:

Edit: It has just occurred to me that you have put the weight in lbs? so actually, I'm quite chuffed with myself. :blush:

Awwww *blushes* I've missed you all too! Started talking to myself and everything. :lol:

And thank you! I'm pretty much the only girl in the weight room so I don't really know where I stand strength-wise as a female.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.

A few months. Maybe he is over-deodorizing? lol
    My husband is definitely an over-deodorizer. Is there a 12-step program for that, or something?!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Ditto!!

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded: