Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

I have never read her book but as soon as I am done the one I am reading I will certainly check it out. Thanks!!

@riderfangal The first in the series is called Still Life. This is the most well-written detective series I've ever read. :smile: If you do read it, let me know what you think!

Also - You're a CFL fan, right? The Riders? I :heart: football.... the Candadian and American versions of it, at least. Perhaps that should be my confession today. Hee hee
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Wahoo @lilaclovebird, @Glinda1971 and @quiksylver296!

See cool kids, our thread is good for weight loss :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    In good news, I finally told my work today about the 'being with child' and it was fine. A couple of them had guessed since at nearly 16 weeks I am developing a mini-pouch. Nice to not have to hold my belly in all the time anymore!

I feel like I have been living a lie though, with everyone on here thinking I'm Spa Marie. MFP won't allow hyphens and Spammarie looked weird to me!
    It's great that telling work was ok. Will you get decent maternity leave? Do you plan to keep working after the baby?

Yes, your name is a LIE!! You'll be 'Spammy' to me from now on!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon I'm going to Dewey's pizza for dinner tonight I'll be joining you later in the feeling ill group- totes worth it!!

No, no! Go to Hound Dogs so I can live vicariously through you! (Yeah I know this was last week but I'm really behind and reading a couple pages today every time I need a break :) )

Mmm Hound Dogs, so good! Last time SO was in town I took him there as pizza is one of his favorites!

I just assumed this was a hot dog joint...

Best pizza ever. If you ever go to Columbus, you MUST stop there and get a pizza with smokin' Joe's crust (this garlic butter sauce that's on the crust). My last year of grad school I lived a block from there...it was a problem. They had a happy hour where you could get a pitcher of PBR and a small pizza for $10. Heaven.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

Sorry to hear that. :( BIG SUPER HUGS!

Don't beat yourself up over the food too much. You'll get back on track and get the fitbit. I believe in you!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

YES!! I actually really liked it for the first 4 seasons, then just kept watching because I felt obligated. The last two seasons were *horrible* and I think how they ended it might possibly be the worst possible ending they could have.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

+1 and I also agree about the shaving part. That's mostly why I wear pants all year round. :blush:

And the hubby doesn't protest???

I once dated a girl that had some seriously coarse hair. She always had 5 o'clock shadow on her legs and it was sooo discomforting to rub against them. We didn't last long. lol

I only shave my legs when I remember, which is maybe biweekly or weekly in the summer. Once you let it go a couple days it gets soft again, haha. But I'm blonde and nearly hairless regardless so it barely matters if I shave the fifteen hairs that grow on my legs as you can't see them unless you're really trying to see them. I think of it as my reward for dealing with nearly invisible eyebrows and eyelashes. My husband couldn't care less about when I shave.

I am the exact same way!!!

I have nearly no body hair, anywhere! When I used to wear make-up, I always had to colour in my eyebrows, like on top of the hair!! I do not shave at all, except my underarms, maybe a few times a year, which it grows super slow there and not much either.

I am Italian :|

While I am glad for this, it is nearly unnatural for Italians, lol, I went to school with girls that had to shave their forearms!! LOL

I hate shaving! I always miss some hair on my legs & my armpits since losing weight are ridiculously challenging to shave now.

I also shave my arms too.

I noticed that I was having serious issues shaving my armpits. Out of no where I'm just terrible at it. Welp, it turns out that now that I have an actual arm pit shaving is more difficult and I have to pay extra special attention. :|

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
    Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Yes, that is anxiety related for sure! I almost never do things last minute, even fun things, because it is just way too stressful.

Good idea to go with her, I still tend to speak for/with my kids at DRs appts and such. It is hard to remember everything you need to remember as an adult.....but they are still learning.....

I didn't realize this was anxiety related. I always thought I was being inflexible & selfish. I don't want to be that way, but if I don't have time to plan something or fit something in my schedule I get extremely annoyed. I figured I had a bit of anxiety, but hearing more and more of these types of things is making me realize I'm a lot worse than I thought.

I have the same problem. I hate not being told about events/plans in advance and if someone tells me something at the last minute I freak out and end up not going. I've had plenty of fights with my boyfriend over that. :( I hate anxiety.

I have to be very scheduled or I stress out.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

I have never read her book but as soon as I am done the one I am reading I will certainly check it out. Thanks!!

@riderfangal The first in the series is called Still Life. This is the most well-written detective series I've ever read. :smile: If you do read it, let me know what you think!

Also - You're a CFL fan, right? The Riders? I :heart: football.... the Candadian and American versions of it, at least. Perhaps that should be my confession today. Hee hee

I am a totally CFL fan. Love me some football. Too bad my beloved Riders are playing like crap these days. I actually wanted to name my son Ryder but I was denied but when I got married my colours were Rider green and white and I planned the honeymoon around the home schedule so I wouldn't miss a game lol
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.

Ahhh...I've always read your name as Spa Marie...like your name is Marie and you really like to pamper yourself.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

Sending you good vibes Susie. You ARE going to earn your Fitbit, you are almost there and you have several months to get there. Marathon, not a sprint. I hope you feel better soon.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.

More and more people are getting AC where I live, but I think the majority (including me) are without. Where I am we usually only have a couple weeks each summer where it's unbearable. (but this summer I feel like we've had more hot days.) Living in a two storey house or an apartment building would be hotter though. I have a fan pointed at my bed so that I can sleep and make sure the blinds are closed to keep some of the heat out. We also don't have the humidity like other places do (thank goodness!)

I live in SC and I can not imagine not having air conditioning. But...it's also like 96 degrees today and 60% humidity...typical summer weather. Not having AC is not an option! We use it like 6 to 8 months out of the year here.

Edited because typing is hard.

Cosigned lol! I'm currently sitting in front of the AC as we speak (or type)! My husband is all sad, the air went out again in his blazer, so now he always wants my car if he wants to go somewhere. Sucks for him, he can't fit the trolling motor and battery for his and BIL's boat in my car, so he has to use his car lol. I'm so mean....
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    In good news, I finally told my work today about the 'being with child' and it was fine. A couple of them had guessed since at nearly 16 weeks I am developing a mini-pouch. Nice to not have to hold my belly in all the time anymore!

I feel like I have been living a lie though, with everyone on here thinking I'm Spa Marie. MFP won't allow hyphens and Spammarie looked weird to me!
    It's great that telling work was ok. Will you get decent maternity leave? Do you plan to keep working after the baby?

Yes, your name is a LIE!! You'll be 'Spammy' to me from now on!

She's in the UK. Their leave is similar to ours.

https://www.gov.uk/maternity-pay-leave/overview
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.

Absolutely pathetic fridge indeed! Even the cabinet is pretty sad. :p That's SOME grocery shopping trip I'll be doing for you...
  • jthurman3
    Options
    I have never had Key Lime Pie. Is it at all like a lemon tart? I really love lemon tart.

It's similar, but better, in my opinon! I love key lime pie!! Very tart and delicious, but only really good if it's truly Key Lime pie... not just "lime pie."
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

@raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have never had Key Lime Pie. Is it at all like a lemon tart? I really love lemon tart.

It's similar, but better, in my opinon! I love key lime pie!! Very tart and delicious, but only really good if it's truly Key Lime pie... not just "lime pie."

Yes yes yes key lime pie (real one) is awesome because it's sour-sweet, not sickeningly sweet.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

Only 3 kinds? I have 6. ;)

But your fridge sounds delicious.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and I know you'll get back on track. I missed you on here yesterday, but definitely understand the need to withdraw sometimes. I hope the FND calms down and that you feel much better soon. You will earn that fitbit! I have no doubt - you have so many people who believe in you and who are thinking of you! Hugs!