Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon I'm going to Dewey's pizza for dinner tonight I'll be joining you later in the feeling ill group- totes worth it!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??
  • tollergirl611
    tollergirl611 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry about my goofy post. I confess I'm technologically challenged and was reluctant to post anything here - obviously I don't know what I am doing! I've been lurking for a while and enjoy this group. Just wanted to say hello (finally). One more bit of info - I have lost over 60 lbs. since June 2014 - only 10 more to go to GW!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I started doing this yesterday (I have a "spot" 3 stalls away from the main entrance that I usually park in) in hope of getting my step count up and just to increase my movement throughout the day. I had 4 people today and 1 person today, ask me I'm parking out there. My office neighbor was a dick about it and asked if I'm trying to work on my tan. Jerk.

Even with all that extra walking, and shopping last night with my best girl, and I still barely hit 5000 steps. How in the world are you people hitting 12000 plus a day?!

@MoHousdon - I rarely hit 5K steps per day unless I'm out hiking. I count it as a win if I get over 4K per day... I walk about a mile in the mornings on my way in to work (I carpool with my husband and we park the car, then walk around together for awhile before we each head to our offices). I walk on my breaks (when I'm not engrossed in a book) and am up and down most of the day, but still don't seem to hit the step counts I think I should be. Perhaps it's partly due to my step-counter app being on my phone and I forget to put it in my pocket when I'm walking around the office. I need to look into a Fitbit or other device that I could clip onto my clothes, since I really don't like wearing anything on my wrists.

If I just go to work and then home I'll barely hit 5,000. Thanks to these fitbit challenges I'm making a more conscious effort to get up and move around more often. I only get over 10,000 if I do a workout and walk my dog.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Yikes! Hope the meds help you feel better!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky Lurkerson.
    She's around - busy in the group!

Lois seems to have disappeared, along with a few other regulars, unfortunately.

Yup, I keep wondering where Lois got to. A lot of people seem to have given up on our thread, sadly.

Maybe they'll be back. I took a couple weeks off but couldn't stay away lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    [

I'm not very good with fashion. I'd dearly love to be stylish, but usually dress like a 7 year old boy (jeans and stripy t-shirt today) or a 70 year old woman (flowery shirts). I own a lot of stripy t-shirts and flowery shirts. And jeans.

@Tubbs216 LOL Me, TOO! I like to be comfortable and never liked dresses as a kid (or as an adult, frankly... I'm just all awkward in them like I don't know how to move or where to put my hands because women's clothes never have pockets.... and I have to wear shoes that make me feel like I'm gonna fall down, or, at the very least, give me blisters...you get the picture). I stick with jeans and khakis with sweaters/polos/t-shirts.

I did wear a dress for my wedding though and for the reception afterward... but that was the last time I've worn one! (4 years ago)

I agree with the dress part! It might sound backwards, but I find dresses restricting. I have to be careful about how I'm sitting, how I get out of the car, if it's windy, if my legs are shaved. No. I'm a pants girl, that's for sure.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3

I think it's relatively early, but yeah, the stories about late stage are not at all encouraging. What's disappointing is that I started going to the doctor about it like a month ago and only now am I getting a diagnosis. I'm also super great at not putting the pieces together, so I've pretty much been ignoring the daily headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.

Those are so easy to blame on something else, so I think most people would brush them off. I've read lots of stories about Lyme disease taking a long time to be diagnosed because even doctors will ignore the patient's complaints and not piece it together. Avril Lavigne was just in the spotlight because she had/has it. I think it took her months to be diagnosed.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.

Yay! There are even walks and runs for people with dogs. And ones where you can dress up as fun things. They aren't all 'serious' runs! Go for it!

I am doing a 5K on July 25 that's called Dashing Divas (it was supposed to be a fun thing to do with coworkers, but I'm the only one that signed up). From my understanding people can wear tiaras & feather boas and you get a sparkly pink finisher's medal. I'm not sure I'm going to dress up at all, but I am excited about the medal!

My sister ran a 5k with her Black Lab Maggie & they were the first to cross the finish line & Maggie got her own medal:).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3

+1.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Sorry about my goofy post. I confess I'm technologically challenged and was reluctant to post anything here - obviously I don't know what I am doing! I've been lurking for a while and enjoy this group. Just wanted to say hello (finally). One more bit of info - I have lost over 60 lbs. since June 2014 - only 10 more to go to GW!

Welcome! And congrats on the loss :smile:
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 Oh no!!! I'm so sorry! I hope the acute reaction clears up with the antibiotics quickly. Keep us posted on how you're feeling!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

I think it's relatively early, but yeah, the stories about late stage are not at all encouraging. What's disappointing is that I started going to the doctor about it like a month ago and only now am I getting a diagnosis. I'm also super great at not putting the pieces together, so I've pretty much been ignoring the daily headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.

Those are so easy to blame on something else, so I think most people would brush them off. I've read lots of stories about Lyme disease taking a long time to be diagnosed because even doctors will ignore the patient's complaints and not piece it together. Avril Lavigne was just in the spotlight because she had/has it. I think it took her months to be diagnosed.

Exactly! I mean, who doesn't complain about being tired?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you decided to join us!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great job!

A subpar donut? How depressing. :disappointed:

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you get me. Heh
  • ShibaEars
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

hahaha
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.

Yay! There are even walks and runs for people with dogs. And ones where you can dress up as fun things. They aren't all 'serious' runs! Go for it!

I am doing a 5K on July 25 that's called Dashing Divas (it was supposed to be a fun thing to do with coworkers, but I'm the only one that signed up). From my understanding people can wear tiaras & feather boas and you get a sparkly pink finisher's medal. I'm not sure I'm going to dress up at all, but I am excited about the medal!

My sister ran a 5k with her Black Lab Maggie & they were the first to cross the finish line & Maggie got her own medal:).

That's so cute!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s
    Not just pee. Have you not seen the photos? Google 'runner's diarrhea'.
    *Not for the squeamish.

Is that from all the protein bars with extra fiber?! If that is a side effect of running, I'm glad I don't do it.

Nah, it's just a fact of life, especially if you run first thing in the morning.

I think those are accidents, I've never known a runner to do that on purpose. I walk it in if I start to feel like I need to go. It's painful if you don't. Think diaper rash. Ouch.

I find if a eat too many Quest bars it makes me constipated & then I have to eat a lot of prunes & drink water to compensate. Now the Atkins bars gave me horrible, stinky gas!