Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am currently listening to a co-worker b!tching at her husband on the phone. It has been going on all day, on and off. If I get up and shut her office door, do you think she'd get the point?!? >:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

I 2nd this! I complain about keeping up here, but I'd be really lost without all of you!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm back! You people have been very talkative during my week away! I will never catch up on the 100+ pages I am behind now. I think I will just stay in the present and maybe try to read a page a day back there or something. I had a fabulous time in the Bahamas.
    Glad you had a great time!

Thanks to everyone who commented. Here is a fun pic... the scooters were a blast! 7v2fbj33uczx.jpg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Love!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

I had a "best friend" like that. Hubby and I were originally planning our wedding for November 2011, and she was supposed to be my maid of honor and help me plan. Well, I lost my job in July that year, and since we were paying for our wedding ourselves, I couldn't do my part, so we decided to just marry in August (I covered that a few pages ago lol). She always reminded me how I "owed" her a wedding, and when we found out I was pregnant, oh god! She was adamant she was going to be present during the birth, which I reminded her repeatedly only hubby and MIL were going to be there for that. She got offended when she learned we weren't going to give Raelynn her middle name, and the final straw came after she threw a fit when she found out I'd had another baby shower, thrown by my SILs for family only, that she wasn't invited to. (She had thrown one herself just a month before that one.) I pretty much ended the friendship after that, we were at two completely different stages in life, and I wasn't about to keep putting up with that crap anymore. There were other things too, but it all hit the fan after I got married and had my kid, I guess because the "run around without a care" phase was ending, idk. It hurt like hell, and still does at times, but I know why I had to do it, and I'm at peace with that.

You're not alone. Hugs! ❤️

I'm sorry that was painful for you, but you definitely did the right thing! Good Lord, talk about high-maintenance and narcissistic! No thanks. You don't need that drama and that is NOT the definition of a true friend.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

I don't blame you. I hate moving too!! We might live in this house forever, even tho it's too small just because I don't want to move. But...she's pregnant, you should probably help. Not judging if you don't tho
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

That's a beautiful name and off course you can tell us you were looking forward to sharing that..it is confessions :)

And on that I have never really liked my name as it is a gender neutral name and the boys at school always teased me it's a boys name.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm on my tablet and I accidentally clicked on page one of this rather than the next page. Then, since I was already there, I was curious what page my first post was on so I started looking. I found it pretty funny that a lot of the early meaner/judgmental posts have been flagged enough to be buried. Made me smile.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

I had a "best friend" like that. Hubby and I were originally planning our wedding for November 2011, and she was supposed to be my maid of honor and help me plan. Well, I lost my job in July that year, and since we were paying for our wedding ourselves, I couldn't do my part, so we decided to just marry in August (I covered that a few pages ago lol). She always reminded me how I "owed" her a wedding, and when we found out I was pregnant, oh god! She was adamant she was going to be present during the birth, which I reminded her repeatedly only hubby and MIL were going to be there for that. She got offended when she learned we weren't going to give Raelynn her middle name, and the final straw came after she threw a fit when she found out I'd had another baby shower, thrown by my SILs for family only, that she wasn't invited to. (She had thrown one herself just a month before that one.) I pretty much ended the friendship after that, we were at two completely different stages in life, and I wasn't about to keep putting up with that crap anymore. There were other things too, but it all hit the fan after I got married and had my kid, I guess because the "run around without a care" phase was ending, idk. It hurt like hell, and still does at times, but I know why I had to do it, and I'm at peace with that.

You're not alone. Hugs! ❤️

Thank you for sharing your story. Although I don't want other people to relate to this awfulness, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I am sorry you went through it too. It is really hard.

It is hard. We saw each other a few months ago at a friend's kid's birthday party after 2 years of not speaking. It was, well, awkward at first, but we were all civil and friendly. It was afterwards that I realized I missed that friendship, but I still knew I didn't need to open that door, because nothing had changed at all. :confused:
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I am currently listening to a co-worker b!tching at her husband on the phone. It has been going on all day, on and off. If I get up and shut her office door, do you think she'd get the point?!? >:)

That or stand in it and take notes.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I was late to that party. I'm Laura
  • BZAH10
    Options

Beautiful name! However, since I can't seem to even pronounce it in my head you will always be Lily Flower to me! So pretty!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I don't remember if I was a part of that or not, but just in case I wasn't, I'm Stephanie :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I was late to that party. I'm Laura

edit - I guess I just got my first double post - thanks to my phone!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    About 6 years ago I used to have an eating disorder.
    Due to severe malnutrition, my heart, kidneys and liver were failing.
    I was estimated to live for roughly 6 more weeks.

Today that's long past me. I'm healthy, exercising, eating clean, varied and enough.
    I'm no longer having self-destructive thoughts about body or food.

However, my girlfriend recently brought up she wanted to lose weight.
    She's healthy, and quite skinny already, and I'm scared to death.
    We've talked and fought a lot about it.

I decided her feeling-good would go before my fears.
    So now I'm supporting her in her weight loss and we started exercising together. (As to where she never did any exercise..)

I'm supporting her but it feels so wrong. It's so much against my nature.
    It's bringing back traumatic experiences I've gone through being admitted to an institution for EDs.

I feel guilty because I told her about all of this, and she got mad.
    She got mad because she knew about my past already, but decided to be straightforward with me about it and now regrets it. She's mad because she's blaming herself for me feeling bad due to her own choices.
    At least that's what she believes, because ofcourse I'm scared mostly due to how in my head it links to past experiences.

I know it might be irrational to think she's going to go the same route.
    But I know she too has seen both sides of the "weight" coin. (Having been both very skinny/chubby)

As I said I'm supporting her, pushing my own thoughts and fears aside, but when I do that she just gets angry.
    Now she completely is reluctant to losing weight, I believe she's afraid to hurt me.
    I myself feel bad since I know she feels bad in her own body, but no longer dares to change it out of fear of my reaction to that.

No matter how many times I tell her the 'problem' of my bad mood about the topic is my own personal experiences, she seems to always take it personally anyway.
    I'm being confronted with my past, yes, but then it's my responsibility to deal with it.
    It's almost as if she feels responsible, doesn't want me to have to deal with it, thus puts her own desires aside in the hope it would make me more happy.

In truth it doesn't make either of us happy. I'm still trying to support her (though not pushing) in making healthier choices, subtly and not too often, cause I know I am ready to do so, and -I- just have to deal with my own mind.
    She told me that she needs 100% of support of everyone around her to be able to lose weight.
    I'm doing my best but she just ignores my efforts, she doesn't even accept my support.

I'm not quite sure what to do.

I'm sorry to hear how much you have been through and I can understand your current situation with your girlfriend can bring back all that. I believe in being honest with each other and I hope you both will eventually manage to find a way out and forward. I am not great in giving advice but I will keep fingers crossed for you and her.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

No! Fess up!

ETA: Late to the party again! Your name is gorgeous, Sawsan!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

That or stand in it and take notes.

Too funny!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm on my tablet and I accidentally clicked on page one of this rather than the next page. Then, since I was already there, I was curious what page my first post was on so I started looking. I found it pretty funny that a lot of the early meaner/judgmental posts have been flagged enough to be buried. Made me smile.
    Had to go back and look! I actually don't understand why there were so many abuse flags - because it said 'no judgement' and they were judging? (Also, I love that Colin Farrell gif!)
    Also, I'm Natalie.

• TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not really a confession but I just have to share.

My baby was super demanding this morning and woke up about 15 minutes earlier than usual which threw off my entire morning. I didn't get a chance to pack my lunch so I had to visit the office cafe for lunch. I chose a pretty responsible lunch but it took EVERYTHING IN ME not to grab a bag of rosemary and olive oil kettle chips. I kept running the numbers over in my head and I couldn't make it fit my deficit so I grabbed a banana with my wrap and left.

I'm proud that I didn't buy the chips but I guess the confession is that I REALLY wanted those chips.

Great job!!!
    Thank you!