Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Not this time, but can I take a raincheck?? I might need some ideas for our cookoff chefs.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So, we just booked a family vacation for next week! Eeeee!

We were planning a road trip, but when we did the math (2 x hotel rooms for 7 nights, gas, food, entertainment/shopping for 5 people) we figured it would probably actually cost less to fly somewhere, so we're heading down Mexico way instead.

Am now seriously back on the wagon, because an all-inclusive week will not be good news for my weight. Good news is my bikini bottoms from my March trip are now too big and I was able to get a size smaller to match the top, which still fits ok. Bad news is I went shopping for a little sundress or something to wear to and from the beach but bought a pair of beige suede kitten-heeled ankle boots instead.

I don't understand the first part coupled with the second part...

Me neither. Boots > sundress.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    So for those of you who remember my "trying to get back into grad school" dilemma, I was accepted to the MS program! Taking 2 classes this Fall, already rented my textbook ahead of time for one class so I can read ahead (yes I'm a nerd, why do you ask?!) and DH is actually 100% supportive of me. No "bait and switch", no lack of follow through, he actually thinks I should do it. One class is a Statistics course and one is on Application Security (computer nerds rule! lol)

Oh and I almost forgot- I have a job booked for this weekend! (Bridal party of 6- I do makeup freelance and I'm super busy in the summer) Bringing snacks with me but I'll be busy until at least 1 pm, I think. Lots of coffee. Gonna try to stay active and get my steps in- you guys are crushing the Fitbit challenge so I gotta step it up! I'm doing well if I get in 12.5k, some of you guys are doing double that and it's so awesome! Wish I could lol
    Wow, you are a busy lady! Congratulations on getting into the MS program - that's a great achievement, and I'm pleased to hear that DH is behind you on this.

I don't suppose you can post pics of the bridal party..? Maybe in the group?

Or makeup you've done before.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Cheesecake, Brownies, Cookies, Pie, Cake, Donuts these are all very important words in my language! I am so craving sweets right now, but I am trying to be strong and save some calories today since we have a family reunion tomorrow - where all the foods will be eaten.

I'm with you @bkhamill ! My husband scheduled us to meet a friend of his for happy hour tonight. I'm thinking I'll skip the alcohol and have a slice of pie or something instead. (I don't like drinking calories....they add up too quickly and are never nearly as satisfying as a delicious dessert that fits into my daily calories!)
    I'm with you. Slice of something delicious + a couple of diet Cokes > a few drinks.

Agreed 100%
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

I started doing this yesterday (I have a "spot" 3 stalls away from the main entrance that I usually park in) in hope of getting my step count up and just to increase my movement throughout the day. I had 4 people today and 1 person today, ask me I'm parking out there. My office neighbor was a dick about it and asked if I'm trying to work on my tan. Jerk.

Even with all that extra walking, and shopping last night with my best girl, and I still barely hit 5000 steps. How in the world are you people hitting 12000 plus a day?!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

We were planning a road trip, but when we did the math (2 x hotel rooms for 7 nights, gas, food, entertainment/shopping for 5 people) we figured it would probably actually cost less to fly somewhere, so we're heading down Mexico way instead.

Am now seriously back on the wagon, because an all-inclusive week will not be good news for my weight. Good news is my bikini bottoms from my March trip are now too big and I was able to get a size smaller to match the top, which still fits ok. Bad news is I went shopping for a little sundress or something to wear to and from the beach but bought a pair of beige suede kitten-heeled ankle boots instead.

C'mon fashion ladies!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @xLoveLikeWinterx Congrats on getting into the MS program!! Your classes actually sound interesting. I am interested in learning how to program/code but not sure how to go about that what with the monstrosity of student loan debt I already have with my MS in Educational Leadership. Hee hee I want to LEARN ALL THE THINGS. Actually, I do. I love school, especially grad school. If I could manage to take classes about all the things I'm interested in forever, I would do that and never have a boring "real" job.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Well obviously, but not the most practical for a Mexican beach vacation! ;)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm not suppose to eat any bread or eat out but for the past 2 weeks (1 time each week) I have visited Panera Bread (I love this place) and I've had bread and green tea :s

How come you can't have bread or eat out? I've not eaten there so I'm not familiar with the calorie counts, if it is too much could you get a lower calorie option? I think green tea is probably okay, unless you're adding things that spike the calories.

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I started doing this yesterday (I have a "spot" 3 stalls away from the main entrance that I usually park in) in hope of getting my step count up and just to increase my movement throughout the day. I had 4 people today and 1 person today, ask me I'm parking out there. My office neighbor was a dick about it and asked if I'm trying to work on my tan. Jerk.

Even with all that extra walking, and shopping last night with my best girl, and I still barely hit 5000 steps. How in the world are you people hitting 12000 plus a day?!

@MoHousdon - I rarely hit 5K steps per day unless I'm out hiking. I count it as a win if I get over 4K per day... I walk about a mile in the mornings on my way in to work (I carpool with my husband and we park the car, then walk around together for awhile before we each head to our offices). I walk on my breaks (when I'm not engrossed in a book) and am up and down most of the day, but still don't seem to hit the step counts I think I should be. Perhaps it's partly due to my step-counter app being on my phone and I forget to put it in my pocket when I'm walking around the office. I need to look into a Fitbit or other device that I could clip onto my clothes, since I really don't like wearing anything on my wrists.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I clip my Fitbit One to my underwear since I wear dresses sometimes and my Fitbit didn't properly register steps when I had to wear an ankle boot.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Not this time, but can I take a raincheck?? I might need some ideas for our cookoff chefs.

ABSOLUTELY! Have fun on your romantic weekend!

• MoHousdon
    Options

@MoHousdon - I rarely hit 5K steps per day unless I'm out hiking. I count it as a win if I get over 4K per day... I walk about a mile in the mornings on my way in to work (I carpool with my husband and we park the car, then walk around together for awhile before we each head to our offices). I walk on my breaks (when I'm not engrossed in a book) and am up and down most of the day, but still don't seem to hit the step counts I think I should be. Perhaps it's partly due to my step-counter app being on my phone and I forget to put it in my pocket when I'm walking around the office. I need to look into a Fitbit or other device that I could clip onto my clothes, since I really don't like wearing anything on my wrists.

Can stride affect step count? I have a really long stride, so am I cheating myself out of steps somehow?

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the anniversary wishes and me showing off my flowers. I will probably be out of touch for a couple of days, but I will try and log in long enough to keep my streak going!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

That doesn't sound that many steps for the kind of activity you're talking about. I have no idea how accurate the phone step counters are, but I think if you get a Fitbit or similar you might be pleasantly surprised.
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

C'mon fashion ladies!
    I'm not very good with fashion. I'd dearly love to be stylish, but usually dress like a 7 year old boy (jeans and stripy t-shirt today) or a 70 year old woman (flowery shirts). I own a lot of stripy t-shirts and flowery shirts. And jeans.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!! After almost 2 weeks, I'm FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD!!! I'm happier about this than you can possibly imagine. Members of the batcave know why.

I still have not gotten around to posting any vacation pictures (anywhere) but I'm hoping to get to that soon. I have to airplane window shots that are really cool and I can't wait for you all to see them, and the beach we went to was just beautiful. I also have some pics of Mr. Mo and I that I plan on sharing in the random pictures thread in the batcave. I missed you all so incredibly much and I'm glad to be back.

• Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!! After almost 2 weeks, I'm FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD!!! I'm happier about this than you can possibly imagine. Members of the batcave know why.

I still have not gotten around to posting any vacation pictures (anywhere) but I'm hoping to get to that soon. I have to airplane window shots that are really cool and I can't wait for you all to see them, and the beach we went to was just beautiful. I also have some pics of Mr. Mo and I that I plan on sharing in the random pictures thread in the batcave. I missed you all so incredibly much and I'm glad to be back.
    iuthuqy2uamv.gif
    I'm so sad that my gifs don't move any more. Kermit & Colbert are fab.
    Anyone know why?

Anyway, congrats on getting caught up!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

For me... my morning cardio is on a stair machine, plus a 3+ mile walk at lunch, plus another couple of miles with the SO most evenings. Weekends I'm not doing the lunch walk but usually hit the same amount just mowing lawns.

eta for later question

Can stride affect step count? I have a really long stride, so am I cheating myself out of steps somehow?

My SO has a much longer stride than mine and has worn a regular pedometer on our walks together... he does end up with a few less steps than I do, but it's not a huge difference... not even 100 less while walking a couple of miles.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Yay!! @MoHousdon