Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

Congrats on the job promotion, & it's always great to be able to eat what you want on vacation & not gain much:D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

I've been wanting to try Quest bars! Can you all recommend the best flavors??

@TigerNY128

You can't go wrong with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, & most like Brownie

I also like White Chocolate Raspberry, Mint Chocolate Chunk, & the Apple Pie flavor.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

@riderfangal awesome job on dropping into onderland!

I'll confess when I first started to lose weight I had no idea what onderland meant other than Alice In Wonderland.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

I've been wanting to try Quest bars! Can you all recommend the best flavors??

They are obviously subjective, as the Lemon Cream Pie is my favorite and makes other people gag. The new Chocolate Mint is good. I like the Coconut Cashew, White Chocolate Raspberry, Brownie (especially heated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds), too. The only flavor that I couldn't even finish was Peanut Butter Chocolate, that was gag-worthy in my opinion. I haven't tried any of the other peanut butter flavors because of it.

ETA: Oh, and Apple Pie is good, too.

I did not like any of those. I personally (take it or leave it as I am VERY picky) like the peanut butter supreme (seriously, check out my diary), cinnamon roll, s'mores, vanilla almond crunch, and cookies & cream. The strawberry cheesecake one is really sweet, and I didn't super care for it. I have yet to try the mint chocolate one, but I haven't been a huge fan of the other chocolate flavors so far.

I like the fiber they have and I have pretty much zero chance of reaching my protein (and fiber) goals without them. I eat them for breakfast, if I neglect to bring something else, or after a workout. I ran out this morning, so I'll be making a trip to the nutrition store at lunch. Good luck on finding 1 or more that you like!

I might have to go to GNC (I work right across the street from one) & buy the Cinnamon Roll & Vanilla Almond Crunch. I tried them when I first started to eat Quest bars, but I cannot remember how I liked them.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.

I, as of this morning, am at 184.2 which is 1.2 lbs away from 30 lost. I have a hard time believing it too. It's been so easy this time! I can't remember the last time I weighed in the 180's.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal, Welcome back and awesome loss!
    @pofoster21, your fridge! Omg, haha!
    @ShibaEars, I love that you brought popcorn for a snack! Ha!
    @Tubbs216, best wishes on the results of your daughter's blood test!
    @FroggyBug, hopefully it's not "too late" like you think...and the counseling will work! Also, 61 pounds is great! Congrats!
    @Italian_Buju, That's awesome that your boss ordered the mixer for you! The texture of the pb cookies with stevia were a bit crumbly...but it was fine for me. Because I can go a bit overboard on eating baked goods..I'd rather cut the calories back with the stevia and put up with a not so great texture..taste was fine though! :)
    Now I remember Abi-Maria didn't I didn't like her! Why would they want her back!? Also...dill pickle chip dip sounds pretty awesome! Feel free to post that recipe in the batcave recipe thread! ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

Praying you get good news from your tests and for your neighbor and her baby and its NICU staff. 24 weeks is awfully early.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Go, SPAMKILLER!!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Does anyone here use Rotten Tomatoes for movie rating/tracking? I have been using flixster for years, but it just sucks now....
    Ohhh yes. Every time I want to watch a movie I check Rotten Tomatoes. I LOVE it! It tends to be extremely accurate, at least in my opinion. Critics make up the main score, while the audience still has a role in the score on the right hand side.

Are you a member? If so, what other things can you do on there? Also, do you use it to rate movies after you watch them?
    I'm not a member, but I think if you ARE a member, you can leave your full review and rating. It appears in the audience member section down at the bottom, not the critic section. I have never done that, I just check the critic percentage. Toy Story and Toy Story 2 both have 100%, which means they have not received a SINGLE negative critic review (extremely rare). And 163 critics reviewed the second one.
    Anyone else love Orange is the New Black? My boyfriend and I are one episode away from finishing the third season. There's one character in particular that I hated in the first season (I think everyone did) and now I really like her and feel sorry for her. This show has great character development :lol:

I love this show! We are about half way through the third season. It takes us a while to finish a season because my SO is only here on the weekends and we usually can only watch one or two if we are lucky as we are so busy during that time!

I hate Pennsatucky, I think I talked about this earlier in the thread. I feel like all the characters have SOME redeeming qualities, except for her! I think she is just a total scumbag!

I really like Red, she is my favorite. Poussey is another one I really like. I also like Alex.

The scariest inmate is Lorna, by far.....she is on a totally other level of crazy than everyone else.....her backstory was insane!

ETA: I see now who you hated......
    Pennsatucky has been fully redeemed in my eyes. Definitely one of my favorite characters! I like Lorna as well... even though she is CRAZY, she's just so adorable and fun to watch. I love her accent.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Anyone else love Orange is the New Black? My boyfriend and I are one episode away from finishing the third season. There's one character in particular that I hated in the first season (I think everyone did) and now I really like her and feel sorry for her. This show has great character development :lol:

LOOOOOOOOVE!! I hate Piper and I hate SoSo. I love Pennsatucky and Boo, they're two of my faves! I like Taystee too! I also like Red, Nicky, & Lorna! Love that show sooo much.

Ugh Piper drives me nuts :( I actually stopped watching after season 2 because Piper drove me crazy and I was rolling my eyes so much.

I kinda like Piper.....she is not my favorite, but I don't understand why everyone here seems to hate her....please enlighten me?
    I think she gets worse every season. I don't like the way she talks to people... her facial expressions annoy me and I feel like she can be really mean to people without realizing what it is she's implying. I also feel like she thinks herself better than anyone else in there.

EDIT: I just looked up ''Why I hate Piper'' on Google and found a fan theory stating that the reason why a lot of people hate Piper is because we can relate all of our flaws to hers.

I have three episodes left, and I just do not see how this is possible.....
    Yeah, you'll probably never like her if you only have three episodes left :tongue: I just feel like she completely changed her crazy outlook. She became much more open-minded (shows mostly through her friendship with Boo) and kind to people.

EDIT: @Italian_Buju Also I'm sorry for your rough day... that sounds awful. My job used to require me to always be on my feet and they would swell up and ache HORRIBLY at the end of the day. I was never on my feet until 10 PM. Definitely take it easy... someone should give you a foot rub.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I have a coworker who has FMLA for mystery circulatory system problem. I believe she is really sick, but am made crazy when her episodes conveniently happen to allow her to.take a Friday and Monday off when her work is far enough behind that the higher ups will have me do it for her while she is out. I decided to take last Friday off because they were emailing me about her stuff while she was here last week. I forwarded it all to her and replied to the bosses that it was her work. So she took FMLA for Friday and today and I had to.do.it anyway. GRRR....

What is that?

Family or Medical Leave of Absence. Sorry.... you can take up to 12 weeks per calendar year without pay for approved medical reasons or for family leave. I have raised a son with Asbergers without taking as many days of leave as she has taken in the last year. Mostly on Mondays and Fridays.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.

Believe it and keep going the right direction!!!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")

I want one of those SOOOO bad!

My initial motivation for lifting was to build/maintain bone density and I'd really love to know if I'm actually accomplishing that. Every single female ancestor of mine, both sides of the family, has had osteoporosis and I have most of the risk factors.

At this point I'd also like to know if I'm growing any significant muscle (as opposed to just stripping fat).

You are Canadian, right? Just ask your DR to send you for one, lol.

Yup. I had a bone density scan done in my mid-30s because of my high osteoporosis risk but all they did was some kind of Xray-ish imaging of my hip area, and the only result reported to me was basically pass/fail (I passed).

I don't think there is DEXA scanning available near me... and I don' think OHIP would pick up the tab for full body composition scanning :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Believe it, sista!!! You totally got this!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    This isn't a confession, just a sharing of sorts.

I had the BEST weekend.

We did in fact get the house clean Saturday (minus our bedroom and bathroom) and I feel so much less stressed now. The food was incredible and I even got to spend some much needed time with my best friend. I got to experience grilled pineapple for the first time and it is heavenly. I would highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I would suggest coating it in cinnamon and brown sugar. Seriously...HEAVENLY.

Yesterday, we overslept so didn't make it to church, but it was nice to sleep in. We lied in bed almost all day watching Netflix and cuddling. o:) Around 5 or so, we got up and got dressed and went to Mooyah's for dinner because I had some gift cards to use. It was incredibly yummy. Mr. Mo had the turkey burger (which I tried and it was delicious. I will be getting that next time) and I had the bacon cheeseburger. I look forward to going again.

Afterwards, we went to the store to pick up a few things and then headed back home. I changed back into my jammies and Mr. Mo made a pound cake since we had strawberries and pineapple left over but only 1 piece of cake left from the night before. After the cake went into the over, he made us a bowl of strawberries, and pineapple pound cake with vanilla bean ice cream to share. I did not log it. Oops.

We finished OITNB (Boo, Piper) and started watching Breaking Bad. We are on season 2 episode 3 already and just started watching yesterday afternoon. What an incredibly well done show!

It was an incredible weekend that was not only fun, but very productive. I am looking forward to spending the week with my honey since Rachael is in Alabama with my mom and stepdad.

Sorry so long, but I just had to share!

sounds like a fantastic weekend!! :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

congrats!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So, I stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity (how do you spell that? It looks wrong). I was down almost 2 pounds from yesterday. If that is true, that means I might have actually LOST WEIGHT ON VACATION if you factor in sodium bloat. That blows my mind. The only time I have ever lost weight on vacation is when we went scuba diving in Belize for our 15th anniversary. Scuba diving for three or more hours a day burns some serious calories... B)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Congrats! That is super great!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I, as of this morning, am at 184.2 which is 1.2 lbs away from 30 lost. I have a hard time believing it too. It's been so easy this time! I can't remember the last time I weighed in the 180's.

30 pounds is awesome!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Congrats! That is super great!

+1! You go! SO awesome!