Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.

Way back in the day we had our monthly staff meetings at a downtown restaurant with an OPEN bar. Drinking and HR videos about avoiding and reporting sexual harassment in the workplace is NOT a good combination! Well, it was fun at the time, but that quickly resulted in staff meetings being at the office with no drinks. Boo.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I slept 11 hours last night so now I woke up with less than an hour before I have to leave for my PT appt.....UGH, I hate that.....then I am gonna hit the gym, and then come home and clean up a giant mess in the kitchen no doubt since both my kids work tonight.....

I am guessing after that I am gonna spend the rest of the night on this thread trying to catch up...... see you tonight!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I made my co-workers go with me to the Whole Foods down the street from my work on our lunch break to look for a specific kind of ice cream (Halo Top), which they didn't have, even though other Whole Foods' carry it. My co-workers were trying to be helpful in suggesting other kinds of ice cream, but totally missed the point of this specific ice cream in the first place, which made me unreasonably internally pouty and now I feel bad. (The ice cream I was looking for has 70 calories per serving, 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry's isn't going to cut it, no matter how delicious it is :disappointed: )

Also, they kind of think I'm a nut, now, for caring that much about a brand of ice cream.

I can completely relate to that, apart from the fact that I would have to be very comfortable with someone to drag them to a store for a specific treat, lol.

How is that ice cream, though? It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Everyone and their mother in another group I belong to (/r/xxfitness and the associated Facebook group) RAVES about it (specifically the Lemon Cake kind), so I thought it would be worthwhile to at least TRY it. I thought I'd buy it at work, because there are a bunch of fitness-minded people here who would help me devour it if I didn't like it. Alas, the store nearest me did not have it. I don't like artificially sweetened things, but when they're sweetened with sugar alcohols as opposed to aspartame I don't mind them as much, and if it's frozen it's even harder to taste the "fakeness" of it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to see where else I can get it, and report back.

Now I will DEFINITELY have to find it. I LOVE lemon cake. I wonder if it's like sorbet more than ice cream? I'm a little worried about the sugar alcohols though. The last time I ate something with sugar alcohols, I had to change my address to the third stall in office bathroom. :neutral:

Do you remember which kind you had before? I do ok with erythritol, some of the others, I'm a sugar free gummy bear story in real time.

Whatever is in the Pure Protein bar. It was not a pleasant experience. So much so that I suggested eating one to someone that confessed that they were constipated.

Have any of you guys tried the Optimum Nutrition Cookie Dough Casein powder?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    So I'm doing the happy dance- I wore a pair of pants to work that although they say size 6, let's be real, they're vanity sized and I'm really more like a 10. But... I haven't been able to wear these pants since before I was pregnant with my 9 month old, so almost 2 years? 2 years? something like that.

Awesome!

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I do not ever reveal my name online because it is ridiculously unique (I'm serious; I was named after my mom's best friend from high school) and I'm paranoid that someone who knows me will see it and know it's me.
    Oh god, the idea of someone I know in real life recognizing me online scares me. I think I'd deactivate and remake if that happened here. :s

Why? Don't most people have Facebook? I'm surprised I don't have stalkers or anything because I'm so lax about information about myself. It's a blessing and a curse I'm so naive and want to believe everyone is good! You'd think after working with juveniles, being a corrections officer, and now working in child support I'd be the exact opposite!
    My only experiences with Facebook come from a fake account I set up to get emails about movie screenings and trying to fix something for my parents. I'm a fairly quiet and reserved person outside the 'net. It's just weird to think of people used to that side of me more open.

Ahh okay I see now! I'm the same here, there, everywhere haha Loud and I love to talk!

I'm actually the only Sawsan Al-Hadhrami on Facebook (at least I was as of last year or so), so the whole world can find me. But I don't really care, because I share next to nothing online (except in this thread... I share way too much in this thread!) and so I just use my real name everywhere. I've got nothing to hide, at least nothing in what I share online!

I facebook stalked you :p . Those cookies look AWESOME!

I just did too, and they do! And I sent a friend request. :)

This is scary. This thread is moving into real life? I wonder if I need therapy?

16 almost 17 years ago I was on a a similar (but different) thread of sorts. Some of the women from this ivillage thread over time formed a yahoo group. There has been some attrition but nearly 17 years later we still check in nearly daily with each other. All of us have met some of us but we have never managed yet to all get together. We know each other's phone numbers and home addresses. It was carefully screened and we took time to get to trust each other but sometimes internet does move very nicely into real life.

We have been there through good and bad times and really have some great friendships.

I've had a similar experience. I haven't met anyone in person yet, but I have a facebook group that was formed from a message board over 6 years ago and everyone in it is sane and nice.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok so folks that remember the litany of cats in my life... Porch Kitty showed up today with...3 kittens. God help me.

Oh no! I went through a period where every animal I had was somehow pregnant. I rescued a cat whose owners just moved out of our apartment building and left her - she gave birth to three kittens about a month later.

Then, I adopted a hamster from the pet store. The next morning I heard a strange noise and low and behold she had given birth overnight, which was weird because they supposedly separate them by gender in the store. I guess I can't blame them though - because it's pretty hard to tell. After they were weaned I bought a separate cage for the boys, and one of the girls still somehow got pregnant again before I could find homes for all of them. I felt like a hamster mill.

Same with the hamster for me! My college boyfriend and I got one as a pet (my boyfriend picked it out..thought he was so cute because he was so happy and "dancing" along the side of the cage). Anyway, 2 weeks later, we woke up to find 9 babies in the cage with "him" (obviously not a him!). We called the pet store to see what we could do and they said "Sorry, we don't take animals from local breeders"...Umm, noooo...we didn't breed anything! You sold us a pregnant hamster. Apparently, hamsters are only pregnant for 2 weeks...so we laughed that the reason our hamster seemed so happy and dancing in the cage was because it had just mated with another!
    Anyway...we ended up with 10 hamsters! :(
  • BZAH10
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    And about names- mine is Savannah. My mom was going to name me Isabella if I had dark hair, but I was born blonde.... so Savannah it was. It's a pretty popular name in the Southern United States, but in Montreal it has gotten butchered so many times. I haven't met a single person with my name up here! :tongue:

I named one of my former dogs Savannah, for Savannah Georgia actually, because I always wanted to go there. All of my dogs since then have had geographic names.

When one of my young coworkers was pregnant, knew she was having a girl, and couldn't think of a girl's name... I suggested Savannah. My rationale was that her son had the same name as one of my earlier dogs so her second child should be named after my dog too. Turns out her husband went to school with a Savannah and didn't like the girl so Savannah was tainted for him as a name. However, ever since then I have referred to her daughter as Savannah instead of her real name.
    The funny thing is that my sister's name is Georgia. People always get a good laugh over that when we introduce ourselves at the same time :tongue:
    Alma102724 wrote: »
    Alma102724 wrote: »
    Ok heres my 3rd contribution to this thread:

My dad AND my dog died on April 19. My dog at 3:00am and my dad at 5:28pm. He had a stroke and was recovering from it, was set to be released, then he had another massive stroke which did it for him. He was on a breathing tube, which he was against from the get go, but he was able to communicate with his foot. (up and down for yes, side to side for no) I was able to talk to him and ask him questions like "Do you understand what will happen if we take the tube out?" So in a sense I was able to get some type of closure. However right now, at this moment, I feel guilty for being so impatient with him towards his last days, I feel guilty for sometimes not even missing him, and I feel guilty for forgetting that he's gone. Towards the end of his days, he was either in dialysis or in the hospital and when he was home, he said very little but was always upbeat and happy (for the most part, well as happy as he could be given the situation/s he was put in.) It just feels like I didn't "feel" his passing even though as I write this it hurts my heart knowing he's gone.

My dog, we had her for 15 years. When my dad was diagnosed with renal failure so was my dog, when he was diagnosed with arthritis so was she, etc. She was close to him but she was still my dog. When he had his first stroke she had a seizure. When he had his second one she had another seizure. She stopped eating and I blame myself for not watching her as I should have because for a whole week we were going back and forth to the hospital to be at my dad's bedside. I just wanted to spend as much time with him as possible because I knew he wasn't going to be around for much longer. I didn't want to believe it but somehow I gave in to it and it wasn't until the day before her passing that I realized how thin she had gotten. We came home that night to sleep for a few hours and shower, my dad had since been taken off the breathing tube and it was just a waiting game at that point. I let her in, she was breathing rapidly so I thought it was just because she was excited and would calm down. She never did. She started throwing up nothing because there was nothing in her stomach so it was a dry heeve type of thing. I took her to the ER, once I pulled in to the parking lot she passed out. I thought she died. I ran inside screaming and she threw up some foamy stuff. The doctor ran out to meet me and took her back. I fell in to one of the consult rooms where I was inconsolable. I knew if she died my dad would follow. The tech came out told me how much it would be to stabalize her and I told her to do it I didnt care, it was my dog just save her. A few minutes later the doctor comes out and tells me she has fluid in her lungs and around her heart and he needed me to decide what I wanted to do. I knew I was going to have to contribute to my dad's funeral expenses and I knew if they drained it, it would just come back again.

I chose to have her put down rather than the latter. Now I feel guilty for not saving her, for not doing everything I could to take care of her. It all happened so fast.

I called my brother who stayed with my dad that night, screaming and crying for him to check on dad and make sure he was breathing, he was. I went back home with my dog in a plastic bag, let her two girls (she had puppies once, I kept two) say goodbye and we buried her. I slept for maybe an hour and it was off to the hospital again.

My dad passed later that day at 5:28pm.

I feel guilty for a lot of this. I feel like I'm cold for not missing either one of them, when everyone told me they saw the love I had for them both, but as I write this I can't help but feel so much hurt inside of me.

We came home to find my dad's recliner empty and my dog's bed as well. She wasn't there to comfort me and neither was he. Our house feels so strange now.
    Don't blame yourself or feel bad for any of the feelings you are experiencing. Death has a way of shaking you up like that, and you had two significant losses in one day. I can't express how sorry I am!

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but I lost my dad last year. He had been struggling with multiple sclerosis ever since before I was born, and he spent the last years of his life almost completely paralyzed. I lived with him in high school and helped to take care of him (basic things like cooking meals, etc), but I feel horrible about how irritated I was at him sometimes for needing the treatment he did (too hot, too cold, needed to be turned over in his bed). Saying this feels me with shame, but I loved him deeply as it sounds like you did your own father. We are people too, though, and can't always be perfect individuals.

For a long time I just felt shock over it, and still do in a sense... I don't cry over him very often at all (there have been times when I have been overcome with grief and couldn't get out of bed), and feel guilty about it, but I cannot bring myself to say the word ''dad'' unless I am talking to my family... it brings up all these sad feelings.

Whether you cry or are in shock or cannot bring yourself to feel much of anything, people mourn and grieve in different ways and it doesn't mean you didn't care. Again, I'm so sorry.

Yes that is exactly how I felt! Especially how you mentioned not crying at all, some days I'm so nonchalant about everything. Then there's days like this, where I think I should be sad.

For him it was always too hot or cold, too much light coming in it had to always be dark and I'd get so frustrated and tell him he needed to be in the sunlight and he'd say his eyes hurt with the bright light. I didn't realize to what extent that's why I feel bad.

I can't say my dad is dead out loud or anything mentioning the word death, dying, etc. I just can't. Honestly (confession) I feel worse watching my mom cry than knowing my dad is gone. At least I know he's not suffering but her, she loved that man. She was with him 40+ years I can't imagine what she must be feeling.
    I agree, it's really difficult watching the (still living) loved ones around you suffer. I cried a lot during the funeral. And you're right about our dads not suffering anymore, at least there is that :)

I have to agree with this also. My parents were together for almost 50 years when my mom passed last year. My mom was a stay at home mom and my dad retired at an early age. So once he retired, they were both home every day together for the past 25 years and were so close. They built their own little world in that house and now my dad has to live in it...alone. It is heartbreaking. Going through my mom's things to help clean out the house was just awful...everything in there had a memory to go with it...and we had to see my dad struggle with each item he touched. In my 36 years, I had never seen my dad cry...until last year. Now it's kind of normal to see him cry...because he does it so often. :(

Ugh I'm so sorry for your loss (hugs) <3 This is why I honestly hope my father goes first (I hate even thinking about this or saying it outloud) I don't think he could live without my mother.

Yeah, my mom died almost 13 years ago and my father has never recovered. He doesn't leave the house, doesn't take care of himself, drinks beer and smokes all day. We lived at the house from the time my son was 1 until he was three, and he wasn't nearly as bad as he is now. My son, who will turn 10 next week, hasn't seen him in almost 3 years because my husband doesn't want him to know his Grampy like this. It's terribly sad, but there is nothing you can say to him that will get him to change. He just wants to "live his life", whatever that means.

That is sad. I'm so sorry for all of you.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    GUYS, I JUST DID TWENTY PUSHUPS, IN. A. ROW!!! (Yep. I'm that excited about it. :D )

IMPRESSIVE! I'M JEALOUS! (decided this deserved an all caps response as well)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ok so folks that remember the litany of cats in my life... Porch Kitty showed up today with...3 kittens. God help me.

Oh no! I went through a period where every animal I had was somehow pregnant. I rescued a cat whose owners just moved out of our apartment building and left her - she gave birth to three kittens about a month later.

Then, I adopted a hamster from the pet store. The next morning I heard a strange noise and low and behold she had given birth overnight, which was weird because they supposedly separate them by gender in the store. I guess I can't blame them though - because it's pretty hard to tell. After they were weaned I bought a separate cage for the boys, and one of the girls still somehow got pregnant again before I could find homes for all of them. I felt like a hamster mill.

Same with the hamster for me! My college boyfriend and I got one as a pet (my boyfriend picked it out..thought he was so cute because he was so happy and "dancing" along the side of the cage). Anyway, 2 weeks later, we woke up to find 9 babies in the cage with "him" (obviously not a him!). We called the pet store to see what we could do and they said "Sorry, we don't take animals from local breeders"...Umm, noooo...we didn't breed anything! You sold us a pregnant hamster. Apparently, hamsters are only pregnant for 2 weeks...so we laughed that the reason our hamster seemed so happy and dancing in the cage was because it had just mated with another!

That is EXACTLY what happened with my hamster! She was the only one happy and moving around, all the other ones were asleep. I just thought she was lively :smiley:
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

This made me laugh, similar thing happened to my parents when I was about 6. They bought us our first family pets, 2 rats (hated the idea at the time but they were lovely little things). A few weeks after my parents heard me shrieking from downstairs because there were 'fat pink things' in the cage. My brother and I tried to convince my parents to keep the 7 babies but in the end they gave the 2 originals and some of the babies back and we kept 4 haha.

On an unrelated note, confession for today; I went out for lunch with some Uni friends to celebrate the end of term, only had mushroom soup and half a baguette, but guestimated towards the higher end calorie wise just to be safe. Had every intention of coming home to work out and burn it off as the guestimation was eating into my daily allowance, but I'm now at home with my stomach feeling rubbish :( hopefully I'll have perked up enough to do it later, but it's not looking good.

On the plus side, I got an essay back today and I got a pretty good grade, so at least something good has come from today haha
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    TOM started yesterday, which explains why I was so emotional and sensitive this weekend. Two weeks from now I have a bridal shower, elementary (grade school) reunion and a 5k race. I will not binge eat during TOM dammit, I guess there is a lot of tea and gum in my future lol

Not sure if you prefer fruity or minty gum but I just got the Sugar Free Juicy Fruit Strawberry Starburst flavored gum yesterday...and it definitely helped me not binge last night!!!

Does the flavor last longer than 28.9 seconds? :wink:

• GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just found this board and have spent most of my morning reading and laughing! (Instead of working!) Although you don't know me (yet) - you have all totally made my day!! :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.

I hated my name so much and how popular it was that I gave my kids "European sounding" names- Aleksandar and Leonid. (they go by Aleks and Leo, though, which is about as common as you can get, guess).

My daughter's name is Raelynn, it's a mix of part of a childhood nickname for me (Rae) and my MIL's middle name (Lynn). Apparently it's supposed to be spelled Raelyn but we added the extra "n" on for MIL (she's the first female grandchild). Her middle name (Grace) is ridiculously trendy right now and I'm really glad we didn't make that her first name like we had thought about doing. I tried to go for something that couldn't really be shortened, but I guess it could be just shortened to either Rae or Lynn. And, no her name didn't come from the country singer RaeLynn. You would not believe how many people ask me that lol.

That's ok, you have no idea how many people ask me, "Like LeAnn Rimes?" Uhmmmm, just ....NO.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I ventured on to the main board. Nope, not doing that again. Staying here in my safe thread. Sometimes I feel like I should adjust my stats to show I've lost 139/21 to go instead of the 19 down/21 to go that I have now. I've been on here since 2009, albeit mostly lurking just because of the snide comments you get on the main board. I'm not a noob. I'm also not uninformed.

God forbid anyone espouse an opinion that isn't strictly in line with what 90% of the board thinks *sigh* apparently I'm all in my feels about it.

I stay right here 99.9% of the time. I like it nice and safe!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

I'm the same way. I don't get the "expectation". Then again I'm known as the meanie in real life because I drive a full size truck. It's often "assumed" I can / will help since I have a truck to help haul! NO. If I'm going out of town do I expect to drive your economy-sized car to save gas? Well alright then. Hire movers or figure it out. No one touches my truck. (sorry, rant, touchy subject for me)

My husband also has a truck (it's a lowered [read slammed] 63 long bed Chevrolet with VERY little ground clearance) and people are constantly asking him to help them move/haul things. He is a wonderful man so he rarely says no even when it could cause damage to his truck. He's just too nice sometimes. Well, most of the time.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)

I love the name Cecilia! So pretty! I don't have kids or pets so I name my cars :) My first car in high school and college was named Goldie because she was gold, I know real original! My second car was named Grace because she was the color grey and my car now her name is Cecily! I call her Cess the sesspool haha even though I keep her very tidy! I named her Cecily because she's a Civic! My next car is going to be a Buick Encore and I've already decided to name her Bianca <3

PS. My dad said cars are always girls so I've always just named them girls names!

Fun fact: In Arabic we don't have a gender neutral word like "it" to call objects, so all objects have a gender and are either male or female, so we call them he or she depending on which gender the word falls under. Cars are, in fact, female. ;)

That is cool. Do you get to pick the gender? So can you decide a car is female and a table male? And someone else decide the reverse? Or is everyone aligned?

I'm guessing they are always the same. In Spanish, they have the same thing like "el sol" and "la cucaracha" if you see "el" in front of something, it's masculine, "la" for feminine.

But who made the decision?? Who got to pick?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I ventured on to the main board. Nope, not doing that again. Staying here in my safe thread. Sometimes I feel like I should adjust my stats to show I've lost 139/21 to go instead of the 19 down/21 to go that I have now. I've been on here since 2009, albeit mostly lurking just because of the snide comments you get on the main board. I'm not a noob. I'm also not uninformed.

God forbid anyone espouse an opinion that isn't strictly in line with what 90% of the board thinks *sigh* apparently I'm all in my feels about it.

I know most people hate the main forum board but I love it. Well reading it that is. I will never post because I feel, like you, I'm pretty knowledgeable about my health and weight loss seeing as I didn't let myself get that large to begin with and I'm steadily losing now after watching my calories and actually working out again.

I will say that a lot of the time I tend to agree with what a lot of the "mean" posters are saying but I don't agree with their deliverance. On the flip side also I can understand their frustration because sometimes I just want to throttle the OP!! Just not worth posting, but definitely makes a highly entertaining read! o:)B)
  • BZAH10
    Options
    @lovelikewinter, you look great! Love the color of those pants.

@rungirl1973, I get irrationally angry when people show up at my office unannounced (for personal reasons, I mean). I had to put my foot down and am very clear that I do not handle personal issues at work. I still get occasional calls, but I only continue the conversation if it's an emergency. Otherwise I'll say, "Oh, this is a personal issue. I'll call you back later tonight."

Just a me thing. When I'm at work I like to be professional and not intertwine my personal life.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    @lovelikewinter, you look great! Love the color of those pants.

@rungirl1973, I get irrationally angry when people show up at my office unannounced (for personal reasons, I mean). I had to put my foot down and am very clear that I do not handle personal issues at work. I still get occasional calls, but I only continue the conversation if it's an emergency. Otherwise I'll say, "Oh, this is a personal issue. I'll call you back later tonight."

Just a me thing. When I'm at work I like to be professional and not intertwine my personal life.