Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So...DH was an idiot this weekend and I got upset and decided to have some "me time". I went and got my hair cut chin length and got some new clothes on Saturday after my job. Left the boys with him for about 8 hours, which I never do, but I SO needed it and part of it was when I was working. Only spent about $200 total on everything >.< oops. Oh well, this is the first time I've liked my hair in about...10 years. It's adorable and the lady cutting my hair told me my face was so narrow that a shorter cut helps make it look fuller (which is true, when I'm not overweight, I have a long thin face), so that was cool. Made me feel awesome. I worked the wedding until like noon and then didn't come home til dinnertime, but it was worth it.

Got a new pair of jeans for work, too, in a size 6. That felt awesome. I had too much Starbucks this past weekend though (I LOVE iced skinny caramel macchiatos, even though the sugar makes me sick) and I stress ate on Saturday. +2.4 lb this am. :( Oh well, I'm back on the grind again today.

I think everyone needs/deserves 'me' time. You should schedule it regularly. I don't understand how anyone can be around people all the time. I need some 'me' time every day...and I am single and live alone! You would think I get plenty, but if I don't I get nasty. I can't imagine how hard it would be to be married & have kids and not have downtime for a period every day.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?

She is probably worried you will do a better job and show her up. Women are terrible bosses. They have too many insecurities (so speaks a woman boss).

I am an exception to this rule. :p

I am sure you think so :wink:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have two NSV's to share with you all:

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

And secondly - when I stand up straight and look down - I can see my toes!!

These are great NSVs!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

I hope horse is doing much better. Is it? I hope you are ok too.

Last I heard he was doing better, thanks for asking. I did manage to get my rain check on my way home from yoga and I admit I still LOVE McDonald's ice cream cones (remember, don't judge me). BTW, the horse isn't mine, he is another boarder, but I happened to catch that he wasn't feeling well and I was the only one there so took care of him til my trainer determined she needed to call the vet. They ended up being there most of the night/day and he developed a fever, but at about 5 pm when I asked last I heard he had pooped and was doing better.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

For me, that was absolutely true. My dreams were much more vivid, and weird as all get out. Has anyone read Anne Rice's witch series? Before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream that I gave birth to a fully grown man (like in those books). Seriously creepy.

Lasher!
    i used to be a total anne rice addict. Total.
    i loved those books, but really how strange would it be like oh! here's my baby! then by the morning it's a grown dude? creeeeepy

Me too! I still have the Mayfair Witch series and probably about 10 of the Vampire books on a shelf. I had a total gothic horror phase, and it started with her books. I don't think it ever really ended.

If ya wanna get racy, read her Sleeping Beauty series that she wrote as Anne Rampling!!

right?!?!
    everyone that's all 50 shades! OMG!!
    i can't help but think, dude, you have NO idea.....lol

I never read 50 Shades, and do not care to. I was forced to go see the movie, and it was cheesy, and from my understanding, should have ended exactly where it did, without more books.

Exit to Eden was pretty good....although it got kinda love story-ish at the end, that is where it loses me.....
    This review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215 is one of the funniest things I've read and a very good depiction of a truly awful book.
    Warning: some quite a lot of swear words.

It was a good thing you edited that post. ..every other word was a swear word! I never read the books either. I can't stand bad writing but all the other stuff this review talks about further convinced me I don't want to.

Ok last post of the night I am falling asleep typing.
    Yeah, sorry. Don't read if you're offended by rude words. Oops.

Sweet dreams - hope you're full of energy tomorrow!

Please... every other word out of my mouth 1/2 the time is a swear word (although I am doing better now with Susie's influence).

I just am glad you put the warning in there to prevent Susie from accidentally reading it! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.

When customers ask me at work I always tell them using MFP, exercising a little bit, & the biggest thing for me is weighing my food on a food scale. I guess they want me to say that I snapped my fingers, stood on my head, did a back flip & the weight just melted off.

What people can't believe is that I lost most of it WALKING. Most people know I was really into running, etc. then I just lost interest. Became depressed, starting going out to dinner very night, drinking, stopped exercising, etc. So they assume that I lost all this doing my 'old' crazy exercise routine. I lost it all walking. I only started really working out again the last few weeks. Simple, easy changes like parking farther away and walking to the cafeteria 3x a day can make a HUGE difference.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet. f6v86ipb86hu.jpg
    8gybemuk3rqh.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @Italian_Buju Please come back we miss you!! I hope I didn't say anything that made you feel that way!!

THIS. I confess I strongly suspect it was me and I want to say I was just trying to offer a different perspective and I am know for plan speaking so I apologize. Please come back. I'll zip it. :( I promise.

It was not anyone in particular, I promise. If it was, I would have no problem saying it! I am quite known for being blunt myself (in case ya'll didn't notice!). I just got embarrassed about what I had posted, and then when I felt nobody could relate to either post, it turned into more like being mortified! It was not really what anyone said, it was more like I felt like I was alone in both those struggles and it made me feel 'outside' the group, so to speak.

PLEASE, everyone, do not think this was anything anyone here said! And please, POF, do NOT zip it!

On that note, I do not want to rehash this again, as I am already feeling uneasy just typing this, but just wanted to really get through that it was no one comment in particular or anything, it was just what I was feeling inside, which was embarrassed......

ETA: My laundry is finally done so I am hopping in the shower and off to do more shopping.....I won't be back for several hours this time, and wanted to make sure ya'll didn't think I ran away again. ;)

Okay... I won't zip it. :wink:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Glad to hear it!

And super jealous, I am dying to go swimming and today was the only day it would have been hot enough this week and I was stuck at work all day!!

I seriously hadn't been swimming since about 2007ish so it was a long time. I had to go buy a swimsuit. I was just glad I found a cute one that fit pretty good. I just hate that my hair is all dry now from the chlorine. :|

I hope you get to go swimming sometime soon. :)
    I STILL have not been able to go swimming....I am hopefully gonna get there Tuesday. I actually was dreaming about swimming before I woke up this morning....how sad is that!
    No swimming tomorrow....rain all afternoon.....might be looking good for Friday though!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

You didn't kick me out did you???

Of course not! I did the kicking out, and I'd never kick you out... :p

Now back to last week that I missed... And thank you! I was worried!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Random question did we get back on the main forums or into chit chat again? Seem to be a lot of new folks here today?

Neither (that I know of). The lurkers that I kicked out that wanted to join again popped up after getting removed to say hello, on the recommendation of Tubbs, so we could "meet" them. :)

Ahhh got it. No fun lurking. We all have too much to say. Might as well plunge in.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon! Stay strong, girl... we all know you're awesome! I wish I could send you some airplane pictures to maybe cheer you up a little.... but unfortunately the clouds were so dark and heavy when I flew to and from Punta Cana that I didn't see anything worth getting. Just a constant blanket of cloud :(

I've been watching Survivor today after a LONG hiatus away from this show. The thing about shows like these are that they give me huge adrenaline boosts. It's all the excitement, people blind-sighting each other... people I like winning challenges when they thought they were going home, etc. It's the same thing when singers perform really well on The Voice. My boyfriend doesn't understand how these happy adrenaline rushes come out of reality TV :lol: The guy I want to win won an Immunity challenge (the underdog... I usually go for the underdogs...), so I was up out of my seat dancing around. Maybe I'm just a dork.

I LOVE SURVIVOR TOO!

Are you watching the last season now? I can't wait for next season!

Another show that I always say I'm not going to watch but always wind up watching. LOL
    I watched the last season while it was on. I'm sure I'll watch the next season, too. My mom hates it when they bring back people from previous seasons. They already had their chance.

I sort of like it when they bring back the crazy ones.

The new season this fall is all returning players! Most of them are fine, but there are a few of them that I wondered WHO would vote for them to come back! UGH! I am so happy Joe and Spencer are back, but why would people want to see Kass, Shirin or Abi-Maria again is beyond me! It will be interesting to see some of the first players play again like Kelly and Jeff. I am super excited for this season!

Who is Abi-Maria?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=abi+maria&espv=2&biw=1455&bih=726&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI9qeE2sDrxgIVCdKACh3j-wA4
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

I was momentarily jealous until I realized we have these:

2449078.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

and these:

BMVanillaYogurtSmoothie.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

The vanilla ones are decent but the caramel ones are truly awesome.

Those are SO GOOD. I hate shopping at Superstore but I do like a lot of the PC products (and the points! I've gotten almost $400 in free groceries since that program started.) But the one closest to me is often like shopping in Soviet Russia with empty shelves and stuff and there's always groups of men trying to pick up women at the grocery store there, it is kind of bizarre. I was getting live lobster there a couple months ago and an Italian guy sincerely tried to invite himself home with me while I was standing in front of the tank. Just, like...inner-city weirdos, I guess, because my friends who shop there too seem to all have the same issues. It's the one thing I miss about living in suburbia, because my old Superstore was clean, stocked, and full of nice housewives in salwar kameez who were polite with their carts and didn't let their children run screaming up and down the aisles.

I, like Susie, enjoy grocery shopping, so it's a total buzzkill to do it at such a frustrating store.
    Haha! My local Superstore is well-stocked and pretty civilized - nobody has ever tried to pick me up there! Although there is an odd smell around the meat department which makes me prefer buying my meat elsewhere.

My nearby one is in a pretty shady area just outside the downtown proper, so it's...just not ideal. Sad stuff like homeless people buying mouthwash and that kind of thing too, but the lobster story is at least funny so I stick with that when I'm complaining about the place, usually.
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

Being able to walk is nice, but sometimes I'd like to have an excuse to drive when it's forty below, haha. But parking in my office tower is $50/day if you don't have a monthly pass (which is...similarly obscene) so I only do it when I have to bring something large home and can expense it.

$50 A DAY? That is more than Manhattan! That is NUTS!
    Calgary (I'm 3 hrs away from @peleroja) has the second highest parking rates in North America, after NY. It's insane how much is costs to park downtown. A paid parking spot is a major perk.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Only+York+tops+Calgary+downtown+parking+rates/9690733/story.html

That still sounds like more than Manhattan, although there are different rates. You pay less if you park early in the AM and leave it there for hours. Parking for dinner/a show for a few hours, can actually cost you MORE!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hello all hope everyone has a good weekend!!
    I'll try and post as much as I can but today is a large family gathering back in Dayton and then tomorrow I'm going to Kings Island where I'll ride alllll the roller coasters woot woot!!

Hope you had a GREAT time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward.

I don't mean to insult anyone who's had them done, I'm just not understanding why it seems like everyone is getting them done now.

Me neither but I'm a total wedding Scrooge anyway so any of the associated fluff is beyond my comprehension.

My SO's daughter and her fiancé got "save the date" photos done... some sort of pre-invitation thing to be sent out to prospective guests? Yikes. They were a bit dressier than normal in the pics, with some rather forced props thrown in.

I am all about Save the Dates so I don't have to call people and tell them when the wedding will be. Same for receiving them.

Confession: I hate Hate HATE talking on the phone. If you can't text me, I'm not sure we should be friends. If we're related (and you are reasonably technology impaired), write me a letter, maybe?

I totally agree on this. I spend 10 hours a day on the phone. I do not want to spend my personal time on the phone.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s

There are a lot of nasty things...some I have adopted out of necessity. Some I will NEVER do. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    s0696qg0s3mt.jpg

I just got the sweetest surprise from my husband. Sorry had to share!! And sorry its so big!!!

I finally found this! With my erratic catching up I missed the original post on this... gorgeous!
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OK! I think @Italian_Buju and @lilaclovebird and I are competing for binge posting tonight. But I am caught up or close enough. Its 2 am and I accomplished all my goals in the motivation thread. Good night folks!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA I actually forgot I didn't make the appointments I planned to make so change this to I accomplished MOST of my goals.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
    Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Yes, that is anxiety related for sure! I almost never do things last minute, even fun things, because it is just way too stressful.

Good idea to go with her, I still tend to speak for/with my kids at DRs appts and such. It is hard to remember everything you need to remember as an adult.....but they are still learning.....