Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @BZAH10 love your new pic too and what a great color! And your bicep still looks fantastic!

Thank you! And thank you to anyone else who mentioned my new picture! I didn't change it to get compliments. I just see others changing theirs and thought I'd join in with a summer-ish pic.

Maybe I need a summerish cartoon update, too. Being in Saudi, the most accurate depiction I can think of is a human melted into a puddle on the sidewalk... Think I could find a picture like that?

I hope you do!! That would be hilarious!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    GUYS, I JUST DID TWENTY PUSHUPS, IN. A. ROW!!! (Yep. I'm that excited about it. :D )

Woo hoo! You are Super Great! :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I actually love to whistle, but I'm self-conscious and usually don't do it in public unless I'm working (I do it all the time) or I'm extremely happy/giddy. I have met some amazing whistlers and I love listening to them, although I'm sure I'm not among their ranks ;)

My favorite thing ever was when I was at work whistling something and someone near me started whistling the same song, seemingly unconsciously. Almost felt like a mini triumph.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)

I love the name Cecilia! So pretty! I don't have kids or pets so I name my cars :) My first car in high school and college was named Goldie because she was gold, I know real original! My second car was named Grace because she was the color grey and my car now her name is Cecily! I call her Cess the sesspool haha even though I keep her very tidy! I named her Cecily because she's a Civic! My next car is going to be a Buick Encore and I've already decided to name her Bianca <3

PS. My dad said cars are always girls so I've always just named them girls names!

My cars are always boys. :) My first car was a 92 red Prism named 'The Beast' because it could get through anything. He did wear a bra though (haha the front bra). I got it up to almost 300,000 miles before it died.

My second car was 'Blue Car' real original. :) It is a blue Civic. I got it brand new in 08 and still have it.

My newest car is an 07 Acura TL (the car I've wanted all my life). I got it after my Prism died. It is named 'Limo' because it is black with dark tinted windows. I love that car. I take great lengths to protect that car. I get to work an hour early so I can get the best parking space even.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!
    I was late to that party. I'm Laura

I was late too! I'm Leigh
  • ythannah
    Options

Whistlers grate on my nerves! Especially if they're shrill.

FINALLY someone else who hates whistling!

Whistling has always been nails-on-a-chalkboard irritating to me, especially the hissy or breathy kind. The really skilled tuneful variety, which seems to be only found in older men of European origin, doesn't bother me at all.

Unfortunately, my SO likes to whistle and he's a breathy whistler. Even more unfortunately, he likes to whistle in the mornings when my tolerance is at its lowest.

I never say anything, just grit my teeth. I have to remind myself that if he's whistling, he's happy and that's a good thing.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Cleaning my food scale is oddly satisfying. It's sad, but I think I am developing a relationship with it. <3
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    GUYS, I JUST DID TWENTY PUSHUPS, IN. A. ROW!!! (Yep. I'm that excited about it. :D )

Shark Super Great?!? Woo Hoo!!!

ju9bp3pa86kk.jpg

You can never have enough Shark Super Great!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    There's this video called ''History of Whistling'' on YouTube by a musical group called CollectiveCadenza. I love it. Listened to that video (and many of their other videos) probably about 30 times. I really hope my own whistling isn't very shrill or annoying, though I'm guessing I've annoyed at least one person out there :tongue:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today at the grocery store I opened the doors to the pastry case just to SMELL the donuts. That's right. I didn't even want one and knew it would give me a tummy ache and be a total waste of calories. But they were just sitting there looking so pretty with the sprinkles and the glazes and of course the peek of jelly on the sides of a few of them. So there I was, like a crazy person with the doors open just smelling the donuts. AND......IT WAS HEAVENLY. Think what you will, it was a great morning :smiley:

I did that yesterday with a rack of donuts on my way out of the store. I got really close to the rack just so I could get a really good sniff of the donuts. I didn't want one, but I just wanted to appreciate their aroma. I totally get you.

I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys smelling food, even others food! My coworkers think I'm crazy but it's almost an impulse :#

I admit that I open up peanut butter at home to smell it.

I even smell my food at work since they said it's a trick that can make you feel fuller. Thankfully no one at work has seen me smell my food.

If I smelled the peanut butter..it would be in my belly just a few moments later. Making pb&j sandwiches for my son is tough work.
  • ythannah
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Shark Super Great?!? Woo Hoo!!!

ju9bp3pa86kk.jpg

You can never have enough Shark Super Great!!!

Absolutely Shark Super Great. Glad you caught the reference.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Hope all goes well!

Geez people... I leave work a couple hours early yesterday and already I am another 14 pages behind!
    As far as the biopsy, I will know in a week +/- what the results are. Thanks for the well wishes.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I eat powdered sugar by the spoonfuls
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Same here. I love chapstick/lip gloss. I have a ton already but I always want more.

Confession: As a kid I used to eat chapstick. My favorites were mint and cherry. :)

I'm not addicted to chapstick, but I had bad chapped lips a couple of months ago and stopped in Books-A-Million at while at the mall and bought a tube of Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning. Holy crap, what a godsend. It healed my lips in like 4-5 days. No balm has ever done that. I would just suffer and let it dry out/peel before. I will never buy anything else ever again.

I love Burt's Bees, I have the hand cream. It has lasted ages because you only need a tiny bit at a time.

I use Burt's Bees chapstick. I have a ton of it because I am constantly putting it through the washing machine. I buy like 5 at a time. They are all over my house. I don't like the hand cream, too greasy when you are first putting it on.

For anyone on here with a little one still in diapers the Burt's Bees diaper cream is da bomb for rashes. Thankfully those days are done for me but thought I would pass it on anyways :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Ugh. I ate a whole package of Ritz Bitz crackers last night. 450 calories of pure processed grossness. And what's worse: That was after debating over what to get. I made the conscious decision to get the crackers instead of the nice bananas at the front of the store. :( Luckily, today is a new day to do well. But still, not proud of last night.

I ate a whole bag of caramel Bugles last night. Went specifically to the store to buy a splurge. Wanted Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough ice cream, but they didn't have it.

First off, I haven't had Bugles in FOREVER!!! I didn't even know they still made them...and now they have caramel ones?? Did you wear them on your fingers like Freddie Kruger claws?? That was the best part about eating them when I was little!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ugh. I ate a whole package of Ritz Bitz crackers last night. 450 calories of pure processed grossness. And what's worse: That was after debating over what to get. I made the conscious decision to get the crackers instead of the nice bananas at the front of the store. :( Luckily, today is a new day to do well. But still, not proud of last night.

I ate a whole bag of caramel Bugles last night. Went specifically to the store to buy a splurge. Wanted Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough ice cream, but they didn't have it.

First off, I haven't had Bugles in FOREVER!!! I didn't even know they still made them...and now they have caramel ones?? Did you wear them on your fingers like Freddie Kruger claws?? That was the best part about eating them when I was little!

Of course! And the caramel ones are DANGEROUS! Salty, sweet deliciousness.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Truth!

qiy1xmww5kvo.jpg

OMG, YES!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a not-so-confessiony confession (that sounded weird.). I've mentioned here before that I was writing a book on an amateur writing website (Wattpad). Today, I finally finished the book! I just posted the final chapter like... Fifteen minutes ago.

My husband refused to read it until it was fully complete (he hates incomplete things, whether they're books or series) but he wanted to read it when it was done. So, he read it today, and I was really nervous because he's usually reeeeally picky about the books he reads. He said that he enjoyed it and the plot was really unique! (very rare praise from him) I'm SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW. :D

I also got tons of feedback on how unique and original the storyline is from almost every single commenter, so now I feel all warm and fuzzy and special. ;) Yay me!

Way to go!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Alma102724 wrote: »
    Ok heres my 3rd contribution to this thread:

We came home to find my dad's recliner empty and my dog's bed as well. She wasn't there to comfort me and neither was he. Our house feels so strange now.

I am so sorry for both of your losses! I hope you can somehow find peace.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Hello my name is Laura and I'm a Chapstick-aholic.

They say admitting it is the 1st step :) Should we form a support group?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Woohoo!! Awesome sauce!