Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    Welcome back and congrats on the NSV @riderfangal
    Welcome back @quiksylver296 and nice ring
    And congrats on the promotion
    Awesome update @KylerJaye ! He sounds great
    Congrats on both NSVs @Glinda1971
    Nice ring @raelynnsmama52512 ! I hope everything with Oakwood Homes goes well.
    Hope you have fun running @xLoveLikeWinterx ! I'm on week 2 of c25k myself and have been feeling great.
    Welcome back @MissKhaan
    Glad you had a good weekend @MoHousdon

Can I just echo all this? Haha. Seriously though, @spacequiztime just managed to cover everything I wanted to say!

Yeah, I was just going to say I'm glad we are getting some good news in this thread, but I think @spacequiztime covered it all :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

Welcome back!!! We DID miss you. Congrats on your victory there! I got into the 170's this weekend for the first time in years.... I didn't log it the first day because I thought it was a fluke (I was fasting for some blood work). But then it stuck the next day AND today. YAY!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Welcome back and congrats on the NSV @riderfangal
    Welcome back @quiksylver296 and nice ring
    And congrats on the promotion
    Awesome update @KylerJaye ! He sounds great
    Congrats on both NSVs @Glinda1971
    Nice ring @raelynnsmama52512 ! I hope everything with Oakwood Homes goes well.
    Hope you have fun running @xLoveLikeWinterx ! I'm on week 2 of c25k myself and have been feeling great.
    Welcome back @MissKhaan
    Glad you had a good weekend @MoHousdon

+1 to all those things (except for the c25K thing - I'm not doing that...hee hee)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @KylerJaye Glad things are going so well with the really nice dude. He needs an official thread nickname by this point, I think. :)

omg i totally want to call him mr jaye! we both have a deep love of batman, the joker and harley quinn. she refers to the joker as mr j
    *swoon*
    hehe

Me too! Love Harley Quinn and the Joker! Favorite versions are Mark Hamill's and Troy Baker's... Heath Ledger did a mighty fine job as well. I remember you said you were excited to see the Suicide Squad movie :tongue:

Confession: when you two referred to Harley Quinn I thought you were referring to Agatha Christie's mysterious Harley Quin.

And then I realized he must be a character in the Batman franchise.

Harley Quinn is a female.character in the Batman universe. She came from the animated tv show, but could be showing up in the comic books now, I don't know. I've never liked the Joker, so I'm not fond of her either. Poison Ivy is my favorite Bat-villain.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @KylerJaye Glad things are going so well with the really nice dude. He needs an official thread nickname by this point, I think. :)

omg i totally want to call him mr jaye! we both have a deep love of batman, the joker and harley quinn. she refers to the joker as mr j
    *swoon*
    hehe

Me too! Love Harley Quinn and the Joker! Favorite versions are Mark Hamill's and Troy Baker's... Heath Ledger did a mighty fine job as well. I remember you said you were excited to see the Suicide Squad movie :tongue:

Confession: when you two referred to Harley Quinn I thought you were referring to Agatha Christie's mysterious Harley Quin.

And then I realized he must be a character in the Batman franchise.

Harley Quinn is a female.character in the Batman universe. She came from the animated tv show, but could be showing up in the comic books now, I don't know. I've never liked the Joker, so I'm not fond of her either. Poison Ivy is my favorite Bat-villain.

Thank you! Now I know.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2015
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

Welcome back!!! We DID miss you. Congrats on your victory there! I got into the 170's this weekend for the first time in years.... I didn't log it the first day because I thought it was a fluke (I was fasting for some blood work). But then it stuck the next day AND today. YAY!

Thank you so much. The still not so self confident me was just a teeny bit worried you all would forget about me

Congrats on getting into the 70s. That is fantastic!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Thanks everyone. Its been probably 15 years since I weighed under 200. Feels pretty darn good!!!

Super great! Congrats to you!
  • TigerNY128
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I wanted to share a small victory too. I ate A LOT last weekend (each day had to have been thousands over with the bbq, cake, smores, Old Chicagos, alcohol etc). I figured I'd weigh in today and be about 10 lbs heavier like I did when I overate during Memorial day weekend. Today though, I had a 1 lb loss! No idea how that happened. I was good the rest of the week. I figured it was maybe the swimming on Friday and Saturday helped (or maybe just stress haha). That made my morning.

I'm now .6 lbs from having lost 60. I still have a ways to go though.

I did compare my pictures from my birthday this year to in years past and I can see a difference. Maybe I'll get brave and share something if I can figure out how. :)

Good Stuff!

Thanks. I am actually at 61 lbs lost now. Yay. :) I'm getting there...it's been REALLY slow but I'll make it someday.

I finally had a coworker last Friday tell me that she noticed I had lost weight. Good sign!

Awesome! Way to go!
  • riderfangal
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Its been probably 15 years since I weighed under 200. Feels pretty darn good!!!

Super great! Congrats to you!

Thank you!
  • TigerNY128
    Well I guess my love needs a nickname...I suppose Mr. NY works...since he's from NY!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Your rings are gorgeous!

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?

I have never had that problem.....however, I have noticed it tracks steps when I am folding laundry....so I now take it off while doing that.

ETA: I have the flex
  • Italian_Buju
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

• Italian_Buju
    Can someone tell me what ''staining your face'' is? I'm confused. I looked it up and I got a bunch of people applying turmeric to their faces. :lol: I feel kinda dumb.

Who said anything about staining faces? O.O I thought @ShibaEars was staining her fence... Not her face! @peleroja totally stained her face though, if you check out the newest picture in the random picture thread... :p
    :flushed: You are correct!! No idea why I misread that as ''face.'' I was wondering what in the world was going on... some new crazy fad? :lol:

hahahahahahaaha!!
  • Italian_Buju
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Will my stupid body WAKE UP? Argh. I keep dozing off... all it takes sometimes if for me to blink my eyes and my body goes ''Oh goody, time to sleep?'' I need to start taking my B12 again.

In school, starting around 6th grade, I had trouble with falling asleep in class. I didn't want to and struggled like mad to stay awake. It was embarrassing waking up (sometimes with a jolt) and having people stare at me, especially since I am a sleep talker and wondered if I had said something aloud :lol: . Some people try to fall asleep in class and don't care, but I was trying to be a good student :(

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think I've beeen eating much iron lately.

Sounds like you might be anemic, you should probably get a blood test done.
    I was told by a doctor when I was in high school that I had low iron :tongue: So that's probably part of it.
    Will my stupid body WAKE UP? Argh. I keep dozing off... all it takes sometimes if for me to blink my eyes and my body goes ''Oh goody, time to sleep?'' I need to start taking my B12 again.

In school, starting around 6th grade, I had trouble with falling asleep in class. I didn't want to and struggled like mad to stay awake. It was embarrassing waking up (sometimes with a jolt) and having people stare at me, especially since I am a sleep talker and wondered if I had said something aloud :lol: . Some people try to fall asleep in class and don't care, but I was trying to be a good student :(

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think I've beeen eating much iron lately.

Oh, man, B-complex is such a big help for me. I take the sublingual drops and it is seriously such a game-changer. I don't eat a ton of meat so my doctor recommended it a while back after some bloodwork and I feel like I can pretty much bounce out of bed when I'm taking it regularly.
    You've convinced me to start taking it again :lol: I don't eat a lot of meat either.

B12 is one of those vitamins that's very, very difficult to get from non-animal sources, so vegetarians etc. have a tough time with it. I'm not a vegetarian but I just don't tend to choose meat too often so I've had a problem with it. I take iron as prescribed by my doctor too because I also had anemia in my teens (very common for girls, apparently), but taking both is way better for me. You really should talk to your doctor before starting or restarting supplements though...I know it seems overcautious but you can really do some major damage just taking whatever you think you need. Honestly.
    Yes to all of that. At one point I had to have an injection of B-12 monthly due to blood-tests showing a type of anemia. I moved and the next doctor I went to was very opposed to my continuing it as newer research had come out in the meantime. I have not had the blood-work issues again that prompted doctor #1 to put me on injections. Very much ditto to checking with a doctor about supplements. My beloved grandma did some mighty serious damage to herself with over the counter supplements and such. She believed she was taking care of herself but her doctors felt she probably brought her health to a low level and possibly triggered or enhanced dementia do due to all the supplements she was taking.

ETA typed wrong form of due
    That's terrifying stuff :( I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Dementia/Alzheimer's is something I'm pretty scared of.

My grandmother has had alzheimer's for more than a decade. It is so sad.....she has not known who any of us are in over - 6-7 years. She is in a home now, because she was getting dangerous the last few years, walking out of the house in the middle of the night etc. It was so hard to watch when it first started happening. She was so full of spunk! She literally did volunteer work at an old age home until she was 80 years old. She is 96 now, and the DRs say her body is in tip top shape. Her mind is complete mush, it is such a sin.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon I'm going to Dewey's pizza for dinner tonight I'll be joining you later in the feeling ill group- totes worth it!!

No, no! Go to Hound Dogs so I can live vicariously through you! (Yeah I know this was last week but I'm really behind and reading a couple pages today every time I need a break :) )

Mmm Hound Dogs, so good! Last time SO was in town I took him there as pizza is one of his favorites!
  • riderfangal
    @Italian_Buju Take care of yourself sounds like you did indeed have an insane day!
  • Italian_Buju
    Raelynn update:
    I finally spoke with the preschool director for the district this morning. She is going to talk to the school psychologist and see what she would like to do as far as evaluations and options. She also wants Raelynn to have a speech evaluation as her SPD can (and does) affect how she comprehends and communicates to an extent. She did mention that there is a 3K option we could try, but it is for severely delayed and autistic children. After discussing Raelynn's specific delays and issues was when she decided to get the psychologist involved, so I don't exactly know how that is going to pan out. She did mention possibly doing an individualized plan as well, just depending on what the psychologist thinks.

Since we've started her on the melatonin she's begun waking up around 5-6am after not going to sleep until around 8:30-9pm, granted she's not waking up at night, but still concerning since that's 8-9 hours of sleep for her, as opposed to the (iirc) 12-15 she's supposed to be getting. We're going to hang on and see if it's just her body adjusting or if we need to try something else.

The tea party at Barnes and noble didn't go well. She completely freaked out when it came time to sit down for story time and wouldn't go near the other kids, as in completely frozen and stuttering "I don't, I want, mommy, mommy,!" She wound up sitting nearby in my lap but she still wouldn't interact or go near other kids. After the story, there was a craft and we could buy snacks if we wanted. She ran to the back of a table, trying to keep away from everyone, but it was such a small space that she couldn't distance herself. Of course at this time, the director calls me, so I'm trying to help Raelynn with her craft and talk with the director at the same time. Halfway through, Raelynn bolts out from the table, grabs my hand, and says "Mommy, I can't do this" and starts running towards the other end of the store. She literally ran away from the craft area and stayed over in the toy section away from everyone else. If anything could have shattered my heart and made me feel like a horrible person, it was that. I spent the rest of my conversation with the director fighting back tears, it just breaks my heart seeing her struggle like this, and I feel guilty for taking her to that. I feel like I should have known better.

My husband broke down when I talked to him about today and my talk with the director. She's fighting a battle that she can't understand, and it kills us to see it knowing there's not much we can do. :cry:

(I feel like I shouldn't be complaining, since I know it could be so much worse, but it's so heartbreaking to see my baby girl struggle everyday!)

So sorry for this struggle you are going through! Nothing is harder than watching your child go through something that you cannot fix for them. Every single parent knows this on one level or another!

Also, that amount of sleep may be all she needs...my son went to bed around 9pm and was up at 5:30am every morning like clock work from the time he was in the crib until more than half way through middle school!
  • Italian_Buju
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

I make those ALL the time! They are the only peanut butter cookies I like, cuz once you add flour, you cut the creamy PB taste! Sometimes I put chocolate chips in them......

Next time I make them I am totally trying the jam in the middle.

Baking season is back in about 7 weeks, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Did you make them with Stevia? How did it turn out?

I have an entire cupboard plus a shelf in my walk in pantry full of baking stuff....I can literally make nearly anything without needing to buy anything.....

I bake nearly every Sunday during the school year.

BTW: I have been wanting a standing mixer for many years, but they are so much money and I could never justify spending it on that......today my boss told me she saved up her points for a while (long story, she gets them from work), and has ordered me one. I am thrilled and so thankful!
  • Italian_Buju
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")

I want one of those SOOOO bad!

My initial motivation for lifting was to build/maintain bone density and I'd really love to know if I'm actually accomplishing that. Every single female ancestor of mine, both sides of the family, has had osteoporosis and I have most of the risk factors.

At this point I'd also like to know if I'm growing any significant muscle (as opposed to just stripping fat).

You are Canadian, right? Just ask your DR to send you for one, lol.