Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

So we went to my favorite restaurant, Silly's, tonight. They have fun/silly/crazy décor...and I look over across the restaurant and I see this lamp on the table...

I immediately thought of you guys and this thread! :)

Nice!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I'm happy things are going well with your dude he sounds like a keeper!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 your rings are beautiful!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have a coworker who has FMLA for mystery circulatory system problem. I believe she is really sick, but am made crazy when her episodes conveniently happen to allow her to.take a Friday and Monday off when her work is far enough behind that the higher ups will have me do it for her while she is out. I decided to take last Friday off because they were emailing me about her stuff while she was here last week. I forwarded it all to her and replied to the bosses that it was her work. So she took FMLA for Friday and today and I had to.do.it anyway. GRRR....

I have a coworker like that - she seems to be sick the day after a long weekend, or has a doctors appointment Friday afternoon.

It makes me stabby too - there are only 2 of us in the office so then I have to work late and answer the phone all day. At least I don't have to do her work.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    1. I HATE "body posi" posts on social media. Aside from the fact that they encourage mediocrity (I hate those cutesy "Another day and I still didn't use algebra" posts for the same reason), they only seem to promote positivity for the obese to super obese. I have no problem with body positivity for someone who is working to change their size or for someone who has decided that a BMI of 24.5 is fine, but don't try to pass off obesity as a valid lifestyle choice. Judge me if you want for that.
    2. This morning I was scooping coffee granules into the basket and couldn't figure out why the grams weren't changing on my scale. Then I realized that I was frowning at the clock on my coffee maker and I don't weigh that anyway.

100% agree with #1

Also, I use Algebra almost every day. I can't help it if some people don't realize that almost every math problem you figure out throughout your day is actually Algebra.

Calculus, on the other hand, I've never busted out Calculus in my job, even though I'm an engineer.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye Glad things are going so well with the really nice dude. He needs an official thread nickname by this point, I think. :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

Oh WOW -- what an awesome update!

I'll second keeping this one... he sounds a lot like my guy, who has always been willing to do stuff for me... that's one of the ways he expresses love and caring, by "doing".
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#

My cousin horrified my husband when he sat there dipping his German chocolate cake into ketchup. He just couldn't believe it.

How could someone desecrate German chocolate cake like that?! I have to go cry in the corner now.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Anyone else love Orange is the New Black? My boyfriend and I are one episode away from finishing the third season. There's one character in particular that I hated in the first season (I think everyone did) and now I really like her and feel sorry for her. This show has great character development :lol:

LOOOOOOOOVE!! I hate Piper and I hate SoSo. I love Pennsatucky and Boo, they're two of my faves! I like Taystee too! I also like Red, Nicky, & Lorna! Love that show sooo much.

Ugh Piper drives me nuts :( I actually stopped watching after season 2 because Piper drove me crazy and I was rolling my eyes so much.

I kinda like Piper.....she is not my favorite, but I don't understand why everyone here seems to hate her....please enlighten me?

Keep watching...

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

The furniture cleaner? :o
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#

My cousin horrified my husband when he sat there dipping his German chocolate cake into ketchup. He just couldn't believe it.

How could someone desecrate German chocolate cake like that?! I have to go cry in the corner now.

The mitigating circumstance is that he was two. At the time I was too busy cracking up at my husband's horrified look to be disgusted myself though.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

+1 for the movie. A Christmas Story is my alltime favorite. Luckily I work at a children's hospital so I can get away with playing it at Christmastime!!! I am also fluent in the above list!!

Which children's hospital do you work at?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

The Pledge flavor is my favorite :(

LOL
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

I'm so happy for you. He sounds like a really great guy. Keep us posted. Love hearing the updates.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Where's @Susieq_1994 today?
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Y'all were sharing your wedding bands while I was on vacation, and now I feel left out. Hubby and I designed this with a small local jeweler eighteen years ago, and I still LOVE it. I'm so glad I found something that I feel is classic and beautiful - not trendy and will go out of style quickly.

mp27n31po3s9.jpg

Your ring is pretty and so are you long tanned fingers.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Y'all were sharing your wedding bands while I was on vacation, and now I feel left out. Hubby and I designed this with a small local jeweler eighteen years ago, and I still LOVE it. I'm so glad I found something that I feel is classic and beautiful - not trendy and will go out of style quickly.

mp27n31po3s9.jpg

Your ring is pretty and so are you long tanned fingers.

I do have very long fingers - tanned from last week's vacation :p . I can span an octave and a half on a piano. Wish I knew how to play one. That's a bucket list thing for me, learning to play a piano.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.

Yay! There are even walks and runs for people with dogs. And ones where you can dress up as fun things. They aren't all 'serious' runs! Go for it!

I am doing a 5K on July 25 that's called Dashing Divas (it was supposed to be a fun thing to do with coworkers, but I'm the only one that signed up). From my understanding people can wear tiaras & feather boas and you get a sparkly pink finisher's medal. I'm not sure I'm going to dress up at all, but I am excited about the medal!

I remember you talking about this. Recruit some friends! Where do you live? Is it driveable for me? (I have a secret plot to get you all running can you tell? )

@pofoster21 if you can make it to Edmonton, Alberta by Saturday morning we can totally run together lol :lol:
    None of my friends are really as into the runs as I am. As a matter of fact (and I've mentioned this before) nobody in my real life has similar interests. *sad face* That's part of the reason I'm so happy to have all of you to chat with!