Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon, I think I'm going to have to borrow your profile Tshirt today! Grrr...

I LOVE that shirt! Sometimes I truly DO feel that way. You're more than welcome to borrow it. I'll have to find it first. :blush:

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @KylerJaye That is a super great update!

+1
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member

peleroja wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

+1 and I also agree about the shaving part. That's mostly why I wear pants all year round. :blush:

And the hubby doesn't protest???

I once dated a girl that had some seriously coarse hair. She always had 5 o'clock shadow on her legs and it was sooo discomforting to rub against them. We didn't last long. lol

I only shave my legs when I remember, which is maybe biweekly or weekly in the summer. Once you let it go a couple days it gets soft again, haha. But I'm blonde and nearly hairless regardless so it barely matters if I shave the fifteen hairs that grow on my legs as you can't see them unless you're really trying to see them. I think of it as my reward for dealing with nearly invisible eyebrows and eyelashes. My husband couldn't care less about when I shave.

I am the exact same way!!!

I have nearly no body hair, anywhere! When I used to wear make-up, I always had to colour in my eyebrows, like on top of the hair!! I do not shave at all, except my underarms, maybe a few times a year, which it grows super slow there and not much either.

I am Italian :|

While I am glad for this, it is nearly unnatural for Italians, lol, I went to school with girls that had to shave their forearms!! LOL
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I logged a glass of wine. (Rare for me to log) I weighed it too. I don't think I'm going to finish it but I am not going to delete the calories if I don't finish it.

ETA : I was far enough under my calories (100 calories under the "before exercise number" that if this was a typical day I'd make myself eat more to get up to that number. I ate until I was full and had four meals. However, I know that last Friday I legitimately ate almost two days worth of calories and I was HUNGRY all day. That is one reason I'm tracking for a week, to make sure I'm still "calibrated" overall. I hope that makes sense.
    I think all of that makes perfect sense. The reason I've had problems in the past is because I've considered the weight loss 'done'. Instead, like you, I need to learn to keep checking and monitoring.
  • Tubbs216
    Back from vacation...can't sleep. Work is gonna suck tomorrow! I'm 1229 posts behind and I don't think I'm even going to try to catch up.

Whoever suggested we read "What She Left Behind" by Ellen Marie Wiseman, thanks! I read it today in four hours, couldn't put it down!

Yay! Glad you liked it as much as I did.
    Will look out for that - I need a vacation read!
  • Italian_Buju
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    welcome to another episode of post date update! :)

monday -

really nice dude had date number 4!
    very low key, some beverages and a bunch of talking. talked about personal stuffs, like very bonding type of conversations. i really like this guy. i'm trying not to get overly excited, but i think this dude is awesome.

tuesday -

ok, remember the dude from a week ago that i said was extremely effeminate, constantly talked over me, and if he were gay he could totally be my bff? went out with him again, as per many suggestions...first date nerves and whatnot.... exactly the same! perpetually "on," constantly mocked the waitresses (which kinda drives me nuts), and to completely wreck the evening, awkwardly made me pay for EVERYTHING. apparently i "owed" him. i decided to call it a night around 8:30ish (which literally has never happened).

*here is where i potentially destroy everything*

so even in calling it a night at 8:30, i was kinda drunk, and really depressed about the whole evening. so what does my dumb butt do? i text super nice boy all whiney and emo. go over to his place and tell him all about my craptastical night. he's still very sweet and understanding, he makes me coffee and then gives me water. we chat for a while, and eventually call it a night. and the entire time i'm there i'm thinking wth am i doing? this is total self sabotage, i'm ruining everything!

he texted me this morning to make sure i was ok and see if i was feeling better. so yeah, still like the best dude ever. but i'm very worried that i totally wrecked everything. :(

Glad you found one guy you really like! I did read your other post about it too! I hope it is still going well by the time I catch up....

As far as the bolded part.....wtf?
  • Tubbs216
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I know I am late on this but still wamted to give you big hugs!
    Anyone heard from @orangesmartie recently? I hope she's doing ok.
  • MoHousdon
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I love this! Probably didn't make the cocoa because didn't plan to consume the whole dose to make a cup full.

I'm still smoking and PLEASE don't forget the not being mean rule!!! I know...I know... I know! DISGUSTING and deadly.

I think we should start playing BINGO for every time this post, the trash bag sauna suit, or the drowning of food is quoted. If we were playing blackout, I'd have won long, long ago. :smiley:

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.
    Yeah, I've encouraged a couple of people to sign up, and ... nothing.

The only person I've encouraged is my sister and that was to save her from her overly restrictive low fat ways.

She is using it and losing. But she doesn't come in the forums.

If anyone else I knew signed up, I probably wouldn't friend them. This part of my life is, well not private per se, but not for sharing with coworkers etc.
    Yes! That's how I feel too.
  • Tubbs216
    spamarie wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.

My flatmate at uni once ate a cigarette butt as a dare. The worst part - it wasn't even HER cigarette butt. We've no idea whose it was as it was a flat party and there were about 50 people there. Absolutely minging. (But your cockroach licker is still worse!)
    One of my friends was once very, very drunk and ate a handful of cigarette butts out of the ashtray thinking it was a bowl of Twiglets. :s
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Confession: I have a coworker who has FMLA for mystery circulatory system problem. I believe she is really sick, but am made crazy when her episodes conveniently happen to allow her to.take a Friday and Monday off when her work is far enough behind that the higher ups will have me do it for her while she is out. I decided to take last Friday off because they were emailing me about her stuff while she was here last week. I forwarded it all to her and replied to the bosses that it was her work. So she took FMLA for Friday and today and I had to.do.it anyway. GRRR....
  • Tubbs216
    yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D
    That's so suuuuper great! Glad you've found each other - he definitely sounds like one of the good'uns.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Awesome NSVs, @Glinda1971!
    Glad you enjoyed your anniversary weekend, @crosbylee!
    Loved the update as usual, @KylerJaye! And I'm glad you're choosing to keep him! :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?

She is probably worried you will do a better job and show her up. Women are terrible bosses. They have too many insecurities (so speaks a woman boss).

I am an exception to this rule. :p

Ditto. :smiley:

But I have made some mistakes as I learned.
  • nonoelmo
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Good morning from page 1286!! Had a great weekend. The concert was great and the food was too. I managed to keep myself from causing any major damage other than a little water weight. It was a good time.

Good news!
  • Italian_Buju
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.

I bought a personal watermelon at the store last night. I asked Mr. Mo since it is called a personal watermelon, does that means it's enough for one person. He said he thought so. I said, "Challenge accepted!"

Hahaha!!! Did you watch How I Met Your Mother? I loved it when Barney would say "Challenge Accepted!" Great stuff. Enjoy your personal watermelon! I love watermelon and now I would also like to acquire a personal watermelon. I'm gonna blame you.

I picked out the BEST watermelon I have had in a long time yesterday while shopping, I was so thrilled when my SO cut it up and I saw how awesome it looked......there will be a lot of that in my diary this week!

I loved How I Met Your Mother!
  • nonoelmo
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D
    He sounds like a good guy. There is nothing wrong with going at a slower pace either. (Having done both ways.) I am happy that you are happy.
  • kelly_c_77
    I didn't post much yesterday because I was too busy being disgusting and eating everything sugary that was within my reach. I ate enough extra calories to gain almost 2 full pounds...of real weight! The sad part is that my breakfast was the only thing I ate that could be considered a "meal"...everything else was dessert!! :(
    Anyway, I got more sleep last night (just over 7 hours), had a great workout this morning, and I'm back on track!
    Hope everyone is having a great day!

I also bought some B12 to help my low energy from my horrible sleeping...maybe it'll help me not reach for the sugar!
  • Italian_Buju
    Ok, I made it to 1264 this morning but now must leave for work!

I could not fall asleep to save my life last night! It was after 3am, but not feeling too bad right now....

Between tonight and tomorrow night I should be able to catch up and be back to being current, lol. My son said he wanted a frozen pizza for dinner tonight and I have leftovers, and tomorrow I am home alone...so I plan to spend a couple hours here each night and hoping that should do it.....but I MUST go to bed at bedtime tonight so I don't die....

See ya'll tonight! Have a great day everyone!
  • kelly_c_77
    spamarie wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.

My flatmate at uni once ate a cigarette butt as a dare. The worst part - it wasn't even HER cigarette butt. We've no idea whose it was as it was a flat party and there were about 50 people there. Absolutely minging. (But your cockroach licker is still worse!)
    One of my friends was once very, very drunk and ate a handful of cigarette butts out of the ashtray thinking it was a bowl of Twiglets. :s

This reminds me of being in college when my friends used to ash their cigarettes in empty beer cans. I went to take a sip from mine..but grabbed the wrong can and ended up with a mouthful of cigarette "paste" from ashes soaking in the last sip of beer left in the can. Thought I was going to die right then and there. :(
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I pm'd her last week - she said she isn't feeling very sociable right now.
  • kelly_c_77
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.

I bought a personal watermelon at the store last night. I asked Mr. Mo since it is called a personal watermelon, does that means it's enough for one person. He said he thought so. I said, "Challenge accepted!"

Hahaha!!! Did you watch How I Met Your Mother? I loved it when Barney would say "Challenge Accepted!" Great stuff. Enjoy your personal watermelon! I love watermelon and now I would also like to acquire a personal watermelon. I'm gonna blame you.

I picked out the BEST watermelon I have had in a long time yesterday while shopping, I was so thrilled when my SO cut it up and I saw how awesome it looked......there will be a lot of that in my diary this week!

I loved How I Met Your Mother!

MMM, I could go for some really cold watermelon right now!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Y'all were sharing your wedding bands while I was on vacation, and now I feel left out. Hubby and I designed this with a small local jeweler eighteen years ago, and I still LOVE it. I'm so glad I found something that I feel is classic and beautiful - not trendy and will go out of style quickly.

mp27n31po3s9.jpg

• kelly_c_77

I pm'd her last week - she said she isn't feeling very sociable right now.

This makes me sad...but I totally understand her feeling that way! :(<3
  • MoHousdon
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.

Sorry you were feeling poopy, but that sounds amazing!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Confession: I have a coworker who has FMLA for mystery circulatory system problem. I believe she is really sick, but am made crazy when her episodes conveniently happen to allow her to.take a Friday and Monday off when her work is far enough behind that the higher ups will have me do it for her while she is out. I decided to take last Friday off because they were emailing me about her stuff while she was here last week. I forwarded it all to her and replied to the bosses that it was her work. So she took FMLA for Friday and today and I had to.do.it anyway. GRRR....

That would make me stabby. >:)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

LOL
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    @quiksylver296 just jump right back in!! So happy you're back and your wedding ring set is gorgeous!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Great NSV @glinda1971 that's super great!!
  • MoHousdon
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

So we went to my favorite restaurant, Silly's, tonight. They have fun/silly/crazy décor...and I look over across the restaurant and I see this lamp on the table...

I immediately thought of you guys and this thread! :)

Nice!