Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @peleroja I am jealous . That looks amazing!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

]

OMG, this looks a-MAZE-ing! You must do this, if only so I can live vicariously through you!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @peleroja I am jealous . That looks amazing!!

+1
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I can barely sit still right now, I'm so excited about this. It looks awesome. So much cooler than the classic Inca Trail thing. I'm going to be checking my email every fifteen minutes until I hear if they have any dates open this fall for it. We're going to need to get to the Rockies every weekend for conditioning but it will be so worth it, 18km days and crazy elevation and all. I think we're in decent shape for it already - we're both in good cardiovascular health and hike a lot in the mountains in the summer and ski in the winter, so we're used to altitude and long steep days, but 15,900 ft is going to be a challenge for sure.

The stats are:
    Starting Altitude - 2900m / 9515ft.
    Highest Altitude - 4650m / 15,200ft
    Walking Distance - 60.5 km / 37.5 miles
    Longest Day - Day 2, approximately 18 km/11 miles

We've got to get practicing!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That looks so gorgeous @peleroja ! I'm adding myself into the group of people that will live vivaciously through you.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm feeling seriously munchy (Munchie? Munchy? Both look wrong and the word is annoying me. I JUST WANT TO MUNCH, OKAY.) right now. The only thing stopping me is that I can't walk as far as the kitchen or fetch any food myself, and also that we don't really have anything appealing to eat in the house. We're down to the bare bones in groceries because I'm usually the one dragging my husband to the store and I can't walk.

... Even if we did have food, I still can't think of anything I actually want to eat. This is just weird.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.

Not saying you are big, but that seems like a lot of watermelon, are you peeing every 5 minutes, I would be.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Guys, help me out by going to this thread and telling this woman she is hurting herself.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151578/lost-123-pounds-in-8-months-before-after#latest
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Guys, help me out by going to this thread and telling this woman she is hurting herself.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151578/lost-123-pounds-in-8-months-before-after#latest

I would, but I'll be honest and say that I'm too chicken. You're going to get absolutely flamed for saying anything other than "OH MY GOSH YOU'RE SO SUPER AWESOME." I can't see this being pretty or ending well. :s
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo and @WestCoastJo82 I am really behind today and won't be fully caught up til tomorrow, but I do want to say I appreciate you sharing your experiences in similar situations. It is something that does make me question things sometimes.
  • bkhamill
    Options

Oh my, she is crazy, that is so unhealthy.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I would, but I'll be honest and say that I'm too chicken. You're going to get absolutely flamed for saying anything other than "OH MY GOSH YOU'RE SO SUPER AWESOME." I can't see this being pretty or ending well. :s

No worries, Susie. She is just so off-track. Six foot tall, 200 pounds, drinking a liquid diet of 1000-1200 calories per day. And she doesn't know why she's so exhausted and hates the gym. *raiseshandIknowIknow
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Thanks @bkhamill. If enough of us say something, maybe a little will sink in.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Patting myself on the back this afternoon. Went out for lunch with friends and looked up calories on a couple things and decided what I was going to have...which I've done in the past and then still not ordered the predetermined meal. I ordered the fajitas and soup combo and didn't eat the tortillas so probably about 650ish calories!!

Awesome will power! Way to go! And by the way- I just got an email my new jawbone is being delivered- hopefully I'll have it in the next couple days!

I was going to ask you about it but couldn't figure out how to send you a message through the app. Which one are they sending you?

Just the up 2 band..I wish it was the four haha
  • bkhamill
    Options

I just noticed that post was from April, hope she has not killed herself already.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

She thought this was crazy:
    zhlycsr7epml.jpg

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

YES! Unless adding it to a fruit salad of course

This!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

She thought this was crazy:
    zhlycsr7epml.jpg

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

I take the whole skin off :#
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I just noticed that post was from April, hope she has not killed herself already.

Those kinds of threads never end well. I'd say something, but I'd probably get in trouble. I don't know how to say anything nice there lol, and also wtf is up with everyone congratulating her on doing something so dangerous?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    It was in the introduce yourself section. So probably quite a few new people.