Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p

Peanut butter, banana, and honey. Omnomnom!

Ooh, that does sound good. Or syrup!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

Anything paranormal and I am all over it! I've had run ins with "spirits" (whatever term you go with) when I was younger, seeing them and communicating with them. Now I still have sightings but it's not as vivid as a child. I think the most vivid and scary memory I have is when I was 6 or so a close family friend and my babysitter passed away overnight from a stroke, no one knew until the morning. I have a very vivid memory of waking up in the middle of the night with her standing next to my bed, she reached out and pushed my hair out of my way and then poof gone. Finding out the next morning she had passed was terrifying, it took a long time for me to come terms with what happened.

This happened to a friend of my mom's. Her dad appeared to her when she was sitting in a bubble bath and told her that he was drowning and needed to go now, and to please take care of her mother. She found out just a few hours later that he had drowned in the sea.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I have eaten 3 very large cookies today. Lunch meeting at work- did well by only eating a small sub sandwich, no chips. But the COOKIES! No self control at all. :(

I need a cookie, or brownie, or cheesecake.

That's it! I'm heading down to the cafeteria!

I chose a 150 calories rice crispy treat. NSV!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

It's like dill or sour pickles, but it's a sweet brine as opposed to a sour one. My parents love them, I'm not that excited about them. And for the life of me, do NOT get me started on those "koolicles" or whatever they're called! Pickles and kool aid have NO business being together :confounded:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p

Now THIS is something I grew up with and love dearly!! And next time I have mayo in my apartment (probably won't be for a long while), I'll attempt the mayo and banana. A little scared, though :lol:

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Now THIS is something I grew up with and love dearly!! And next time I have mayo in my apartment (probably won't be for a long while), I'll attempt the mayo and banana. A little scared, though :lol:

Definitely something to try!
    A few years ago, I used to have a thing for peanut butter and honey on a tortilla. I actually made peanut butter and honey quesadillas lol!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

A few years ago, I used to have a thing for peanut butter and honey on a tortilla. I actually made peanut butter and honey quesadillas lol!

Roll up a banana in the tortilla, slice it and you have banana "sushi"
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Yall are missing out! You add peanut butter! Peanut butter on one side of the bread, mayo on the other, banana in the middle. Life changing....yum.

I'm intrigued

Sounds weird...so good though. Just saying. Try it.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Yall are missing out! You add peanut butter! Peanut butter on one side of the bread, mayo on the other, banana in the middle. Life changing....yum.

Peanut butter....and mayo? I'm usually down to try anything once, but idk about that! Lol

Try it!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I've done that. Also, peanut butter and chocolate chip quesadilla. I promise you won't regret it. ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I've done the same thing!! Something amazingly delicious about a warm ooey gooey mess of peanut butter and honey in a tortilla. I've also made a peanut butter and banana sub sandwich with honey drizzled over. These three ingredients are made for eachother.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

It's like dill or sour pickles, but it's a sweet brine as opposed to a sour one. My parents love them, I'm not that excited about them. And for the life of me, do NOT get me started on those "koolicles" or whatever they're called! Pickles and kool aid have NO business being together :confounded:

BOTH of those sound nasty to me. :s Ick! I love crunchy dill pickles, but never, never, NEVER give me a sweet vegetable! Except maybe sweet potatoes... They taste nasty savory. I've never tasted them sweet. :p
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

kygy7bwzca76.jpg
    ip1bdpcmk5b8.jpg
    szbno88da1bs.jpg
    r8gxmitccvee.jpg
    m8x51jblp817.jpg
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I have eaten 3 very large cookies today. Lunch meeting at work- did well by only eating a small sub sandwich, no chips. But the COOKIES! No self control at all. :(

I need a cookie, or brownie, or cheesecake.

That's it! I'm heading down to the cafeteria!

I chose a 150 calories rice crispy treat. NSV!

After talk of brownies and cheesecakes, that's DEFINITELY an NSV of massive proportions.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

Totally not crazy!! This used to happen to me too. I actually talked to a doctor who specialized in sleep disorders when I worked at hospital. He used the term sleep paralysis. IIRC it has something to do with REM and your sleep patterns. Thankfully it hasn't happened it years. Was terrifying.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Peleroja That's amazing! I have to admit that I'm jealous of all your traveling and ski trips and stuff. :p They all sound so fun and amazing!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

I would give my daughter a time out for saying stupid. :p

Please stop being so hard on yourself. You're super great!! I don't know anything about FND but it sounds very difficult to deal with. Continued prayers for your quick recovery. & Thank goodness for Mr SusieQ taking care of you.

Shall I go park myself in a corner for twenty minutes? It's one minute per year of life, right... :p

My favorite website to reference when people ask about FND is the website www.fndhope.org, but it seems to be down right now. :( Yup, thank goodness for my husband--there's nobody more awesome than he is. ;) Prayers are appreciated! :)

I went to that site a couple days ago to learn about your condition. I'm so glad you are doing better!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

That.... looks... incredible!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Me too!

I have never heard of koolicles and it doesn't sound like something I would ever try. EWE