Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 - I didn't want to bother you because figured that you were recovering or it was staying the same. A sport wheelchair? That sounds like it would be a huge help. Prayers and hugs!

It would be--my husband has to almost carry me (I help out with the little leg power I have) everywhere, because the walker doesn't cut it when I'm at my worst. It's helpful when I have a mild flare up or I'm in recovery. :) But our apartment is much too small for a standard-size wheelchair.

My mom sent me a picture and the sample provided is my favorite color! Another thing to be positive about... If I have to be disabled I can do it in style, right? ;) It's quite narrow, so I told my mom that it's a good thing that I'm not fat anymore... :p

Messages don't bother me. :) It makes me happy when people care enough to check in--all of the messages that were sent definitely brightened my cruddy day yesterday, along with the posts from people here who asked about me. :)

Yesterday my husband had the worst time getting me to eat, since I still have no appetite and hotdogs/peanut butter sandwiches just weren't appealing, so he just left to grab some Subway for iftar and extra for dinner. I'm being spoiled. ;)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?

Yep. I wear 11's. I buy from online places with free return policies (shoes.com, zappos.com), cuz I can rarely find anything in stores. I cannot wear Payless any more. Their quality sucks and my feet end up hurting every time.

ETA: I can find things sometimes at JCPenney's. They seem to carry larger sizes sometimes.

Thanks! I'll have to try Penney's. I'm hoping once I get back to fighting weight mine might shrink back down to 11!!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 - I didn't want to bother you because figured that you were recovering or it was staying the same. A sport wheelchair? That sounds like it would be a huge help. Prayers and hugs!

It would be--my husband has to almost carry me (I help out with the little leg power I have) everywhere, because the walker doesn't cut it when I'm at my worst. It's helpful when I have a mild flare up or I'm in recovery. :) But our apartment is much too small for a standard-size wheelchair.

My mom sent me a picture and the sample provided is my favorite color! Another thing to be positive about... If I have to be disabled I can do it in style, right? ;) It's quite narrow, so I told my mom that it's a good thing that I'm not fat anymore... :p

Messages don't bother me. :) It makes me happy when people care enough to check in--all of the messages that were sent definitely brightened my cruddy day yesterday, along with the posts from people here who asked about me. :)

Yesterday my husband had the worst time getting me to eat, since I still have no appetite and hotdogs/peanut butter sandwiches just weren't appealing, so he just left to grab some Subway for iftar and extra for dinner. I'm being spoiled. ;)

Awww your hubby is definitely amazing to say the least. My heart goes out to both of you and hope you recovery quickly! So what colour is this wheelchair going to be if it's your favourite colour? Curious minds must know! :D
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I would refuse to eat certain foods as a kid. My father would not allow me to leave the table. After 2 or 3 hours my mother would come in and BEG me to eat. Nope. No way. To this day I won't eat the exact same foods.

So, what are the foods that you won't eat? As kids we had to eat a couple bites of everything, I now do the same thing to my kids. I think it made me more willing to try new foods. The only foods, that I can think of right now, that I won't eat are cooked carrots (unless they are mixed in something like vegetable soup), lima beans, and brussel sprouts. I'm also not a huge fan of melon, in general, but I'll eat it if I have to.

For years I wouldn't eat any cooked vegetables except corn, carrots, potatoes and peas. Now I'll eat eggplant, zucchini, peppers and spinach - all foods my dad hates and therefore were never forced on me as a child.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Another hater on sweet pickles here :s just can't do it

Count me in too. Yuck!!!

Agreed, sweet relish and sweet pickles are NASTY. :s My sister loves relish, though. To the one who mentioned it (I don't recall who it was), I make egg salad and tuna salad perfectly well without that terrible ingredient. ;) It tastes much better that way. :p
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

You deserve to be!

I also want to know the colour.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

I still need to learn how to run the one I own!!! My mother sewed a lot and I never learned from her before she passed. That is something truly missed out on.
    It makes me sad that my daughter has no interest in learning to sew. It brings me such pleasure, I'd love to share it with her.

I enjoy sewing but only by hand. I'll have to dig out the christening dress I made my niece...14 years ago. Last major thing I sewed.

I enjoyed sewing all things, made lots of clothes for my kids when they were little, then my sister asked me to make her wedding dress, which I also designed and made with no pattern. It burned me out on sewing for many years, I am just now getting back into it again and that was 26 years ago. I did recently make some pillows for my couch, I wanted a fabric that cat hair would not stick to and could not find anything for under $200 each (leather) so I made some. I'll have to find the pics I took of them.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Awww your hubby is definitely amazing to say the least. My heart goes out to both of you and hope you recovery quickly! So what colour is this wheelchair going to be if it's your favourite colour? Curious minds must know! :D

Yup, he is! The most amazing husband in the world, if I do say so myself. ;)

I hope so as well--There's only about a week of Ramadan left and I REALLY don't want to be out of commission on Eid day. Plus I was hoping to have iftar at our in-laws this weekend, so that I could try all the "traditional" Ramadan foods that are calorie crazy at least one day this month without having to cook all day. ;) Oh well. :)

It's a very particular shade of dark blue. Once my husband relocates me to the living room couch when he gets home (where my laptop is), I'll share the picture of the sample piece my mother sent me last night. :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

Our situations are very different obviously but I can sympathize with him withdrawing from you. That is so hard to deal with and it does hurt a lot.

That is what my boyfriend said to me as well. He told me every time we get in an argument he withdraws more from me and our relationship because he doesn't know how to handle things. He doesn't seem to understand that you can't just withdraw and run away when things are bad. He needs a lot of work on communicating. The last time we talked on Sunday he told me that he needs to find his heart again. We have a lot of issues to work on but I really want to make things work. I love him so much as well. I am not going to contact him back though. I figured if he wants to be with me, he will work on himself and know what he has lost.

I am SO sorry that you are going through these hard times. I wish that I could help you and get him to see how important you are to him and the whole relationship. I really hope that you all can figure out how to fix everything. (HUGS)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
  • kellienw335
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @m1xm0d3 If I recall correctly (b/c I don't always make a mental note of such things) I think I'm heading toward your neck of the woods tomorrow. SO is doing Triple Bypass. I am not. I am visiting friends and cousins and chilling in a cabin. We are headed to Evergreen - Road trip time!! :smiley:

ETA for those who don't know, Triple Bypass is a bike ride for people who like climbing. It is 120 miles, three mountains, 10,000 (or so) feet of climbing.

I am in Virginia but I looked in to that ride and it sounds amazingly brutal! Best wishes to his ride!

So then I had to look up the race, @nonoelmo, you were thinking of @xMrBunglex. He's the bike rider from Colorado. Although haven't seen him around here in awhile.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @bkhamill Those pillows are lovely!! :) I wish I knew how to sew as well--it's not a skill that's popular in Oman because of the proliferation of cheap tailor shops available for stitching; almost everyone in the country wears custom-tailored clothes for this reason. When I was younger, I thought the idea of store-bought dresses was so weird... :p
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Haha @lilaclovebird you were such a cute little girl!!

100% agree!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... Just want to drop a note to let you all know I'm alive. I apologize for not replying to all the kind messages that were sent to me, but each one made me smile and was very much appreciated.

I'm glad you are doing okay. Hang in there and you will feel better soon. Rest when you need to. We will all keep you in our thoughts!! I hope you can get that wheelchair. It sounds like it would help a ton.
  • kellienw335
    Options

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Count me in too. Yuck!!!

Agreed, sweet relish and sweet pickles are NASTY. :s My sister loves relish, though. To the one who mentioned it (I don't recall who it was), I make egg salad and tuna salad perfectly well without that terrible ingredient. ;) It tastes much better that way. :p

It was me who said that and blasphemy! ;)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?

Yep. I wear 11's. I buy from online places with free return policies (shoes.com, zappos.com), cuz I can rarely find anything in stores. I cannot wear Payless any more. Their quality sucks and my feet end up hurting every time.

ETA: I can find things sometimes at JCPenney's. They seem to carry larger sizes sometimes.

I'm an 11, too. Used to be a 10 before I had my son. I was realllly hoping that my feet would shrink with the weight loss, but they haven't. I have a couple of pairs of shoes from Target that are pretty nice, and I would never give up my Crocs sandals. They're pretty, I swear!
  • kecmw25
    Options

Add me to the list of dill pickle lovers, sweet pickles haters!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Count me in too. Yuck!!!

It was me who said that and blasphemy! ;)

I'm a blasphemous foodie. ;) That's how I invented the cinnamon roll blondie... My husband informed me that it would be blasphemous to desecrate the beauty of a true cinnamon roll... But then, they were sooooo good. <3
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Confession: Two and a half work days til I go on vacation. I have three reports to knock out before I go. I had seven total, but I've already completed four of them this week. The confession part? I probably could have finished all of them on Monday, if I hadn't screwed around (and been on this thread so much :p ), but I don't want to start anything new and have it half done when I go on vacation. So, I've made a pact with myself to complete two reports per day, and one on Friday. My boss totally thinks I'm working my butt off, trying to get everything completed before I go. In reality I am screwing off and stretching this little bit of work out through the whole week.

My motivation has gone on vacation with my brain.

That always happens to me when a vacation is coming up. Who am I kidding, I don't have much motivation at work anyway :p